Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
If you could have ANY one player Slip to Bengals at pick #11 who helps team the most?
(04-05-2019, 04:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If dude's name was Nick Jones he'd not be considered #1 overall. Montez Sweet's numbers are far better and he played tougher competition. Same could be said for Clelin Ferril and we could probably get either at 11.

Think so? Every mock i have seen has Sweat going in the top 10. Bosa dominated every time i watched him last year just like his big bro when he was at OSU, but i have not watched a ton of film of Sweat so you could be right.

Would be happy with Ferrell at 11. Love both the Clemson players for us early, Wilkins or Ferrell.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 03:44 PM)depthchart Wrote: Never know.

Bosa could get himself into a pick up Basketball game the day before the Draft and tear something.

Then he slides to pick #11 and he is yours. 

And then it'll have been damn near 2 years since he's last played a football game by the time he sees the field. I'd rather he get busted with whores and coke pretty soon.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 05:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Think so? Every mock i have seen has Sweat going in the top 10. Bosa dominated every time i watched him last year just like his big bro when he was at OSU, but i have not watched a ton of film of Sweat so you could be right.

Would be happy with Ferrell at 11. Love both the Clemson players for us early, Wilkins or Ferrell.

I kinda agree with bfine... Nick Bosa ain't Joey that's for sure
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 05:12 PM)jason Wrote: And then it'll have been damn near 2 years since he's last played a football game by the time he sees the field. I'd rather he get busted with whores and coke pretty soon.

Yeah, no more injured first rounders please...

(04-05-2019, 05:13 PM)jason Wrote: I kinda agree with bfine... Nick Bosa ain't Joey that's for sure

Correct but he is still pretty damn good otherwise he wouldn't be mentioned as the first overall pick on all the draft sites.

Everytime i watched Clemson Ferrell was also dominant along with Wilkins.

Surprised these guys haven't gotten more pub. Best duo in college the last few years.
Reply/Quote
Devin White.This guy is a rare find.He could anchor our defense for years to come.Good leader and Captain.If he didn’t slip to 11,I wouldn’t hesitate to trade up to get him.
Reply/Quote
This is a draft where the best player at a position of need is within reach.

And that is Devin White.

The other need area on defense is DE. Lawson will need a year to fully recover from ACL. But Bosa will be gone in the top three.

OT is a need, but Defensive talent rules this draft. I don't think any OT is worth top 15 pick.

DT upgrade is a luxury.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 01:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Devin White.

But I would also love Quinnen Williams or Jawaan Taylor.

From the looks of the draft boards I have see I am pretty sure we will take a player that makes me happy.  Doesn't have to be an O-lineman or LB.  Just because those are our biggest needs I don't want to pass over a better value at #11.

Ditto for me Fred. All three of those people would help us immensely. I would add OT Jonah Williams, Alabama.
Reply/Quote
Murray
White
Oliver
in that order.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Not LB Devin White. He looks like a bust from film I watched. Missed tackles, can't get off blocks.
Tiger

2024 MOCK DRAFT (4 ROUND)

1ST ROUND-OT-JC LATHAM-ALABAMA
2ND ROUND-OG-COOPER BEEBE-KANSAS
3RD ROUND-DT-DEWAYNE CARTER-DUKE
3RD ROUND-WR-JACOB COWING-ARIZONA
4TH ROUND-CB-MIKE SAINRISTIL-MICHIGAN
Reply/Quote
Q. Williams would be my no. 1 pick. Taylor, White, and Allen would be in my next tier. 
Reply/Quote
I know the OP said any player but realistically the best players I could possibly see being their would be Sweat ,Oliver, or Jawaan Taylor. No way Tampa, Detroit, Buffalo or Denver all pass on White in my mind. I could see Sweat being their due to concerns about his heart condition and he fits a need for us at DE. Taylor has been linked to Jacksonville but I feel like they have zero weapons in the passing game and could opt for Hockenson. Can only see the Bills passing on Taylor by opting for a number 1 WR for Allen. Oliver is the most intriguing and seems like he could be a game wrecker at the 3 technique in the NFL. Only problem with Oliver if he's PBA would be how to use him with Geno. Obviously they could play next to each other on passing downs but would you want to take a guy at 11 who plays limited snaps? At 281 pounds I doubt you could start him and Geno together on running downs.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 08:38 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: Not LB Devin White. He looks like a bust from film I watched. Missed tackles, can't get off blocks.

He does miss tackles n tackles high as well. Lots of arm tackles. People only see his highlights n think he’s Willis. But I still like him. :)
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 12:42 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: He does miss tackles n tackles high as well. Lots of arm tackles. People only see his highlights n think he’s Willis. But I still like him. :)

Our luck he will be Keith Rivers 2.0
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 01:05 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Our luck he will be Keith Rivers 2.0

Rivers wasn’t even that productive in college. Just played on a goood team. Then came his pro day ran a 4.55 forty then he shot up draft boards. I remember his first game against the Ravens when a rookie Quarterback Flacco put the jukes on him and ran past him outside. I kinda had an idea he would suck after that play. He looked pretty stiff for a linebacker.
Reply/Quote
Devin White, then Jawaan Taylor. There is LOTS of DT talent that should be there in Rd 2. There is not a ton of OTs or LBs that could come in right away and possibly start beyond the early selections here.

And in no way do I want a QB, but if Haskins is there (he won't be) I can all but guarantee they would take him.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 08:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Devin White, then Jawaan Taylor.  There is LOTS of DT talent that should be there in Rd 2.  There is not a ton of OTs or LBs that could come in right away and possibly start beyond the early selections here.

And in no way do I want a QB, but if Haskins is there (he won't be) I can all but guarantee they would take him.

Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa, and Josn Allen are a step above every player in the entire draft. Even in a deep defensive line class these guys are on a different level.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 12:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Quinnen Williams, Nick Bosa, and Josn Allen are a step above every player in the entire draft. Even in a deep defensive line class these guys are on a different level.
Only one of those guys is a DT.  The others are pure DEs.  And there have been numerous guys that were "can't miss" DTs that were selected very high in the first round, only to be outperformed by guys like Geno Atkins.
Glenn Dorsey was taken #5 overall by the Chiefs and he wasn't offered a second contract.  He ended up with the 49ers but hardly became the impact player everyone expected. 
I would say DT is one of the hardest positions to transition to the NFL.
I would argue that the dropoff in talent at DT from Williams to the likes of Oliver, Lawrence, Simmons, Wilkens, and Tillery.  Williams had the benefit of playing with essentially an NFL front four.  He is a freak athlete and I would love to have him, but the fit of a White or Taylor is just too good to pass up in the first round.  I can dream that other teams devalue the NT position and Lawrence slides to  us in Rd 2, but I don't see him getting by the Patriots.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2019, 01:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Kyler Murray. The more the process goes on the more I'm seeing why folks are pimping him as #1 overall. PFF was on Sirius today with their evals and it's not even close in their opinion who is the best QB/talent in the draft. They say no other QB is worth a first round pick.

This guy evaluates film and he gushes all over Murray:

I gotta admit, the kid looks good on the field. I thought the Dan Patrick interview was a major red flag, but I've since seen other interviews and he seems fine:

I guess I'd chalk the Patrick interview to his agent being in his ear about avoiding certain questions. I doubt Murray is an option unless we trade up, but I'd be ok with taking him, considering his potential. Haskins and Jones don't seem like they'd really upgrade Dalton. Lock has the talent, but is inconsistent and makes some bone-headed throws. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-06-2019, 01:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Only one of those guys is a DT.  The others are pure DEs.  And there have been numerous guys that were "can't miss" DTs that were selected very high in the first round, only to be outperformed by guys like Geno Atkins.
Glenn Dorsey was taken #5 overall by the Chiefs and he wasn't offered a second contract.  He ended up with the 49ers but hardly became the impact player everyone expected. 
I would say DT is one of the hardest positions to transition to the NFL.
I would argue that the dropoff in talent at DT from Williams to the likes of Oliver, Lawrence, Simmons, Wilkens, and Tillery.  Williams had the benefit of playing with essentially an NFL front four.  He is a freak athlete and I would love to have him, but the fit of a White or Taylor is just too good to pass up in the first round.  I can dream that other teams devalue the NT position and Lawrence slides to  us in Rd 2, but I don't see him getting by the Patriots.

Good points, DT is hard to evaluate. Remember when we all wanted us to trade up for Sedrick Ellis all those years back? I saw Billings as a first rounder, happy to finally see him playing decent. I didn't see Geno being as great as he has been when he was at Georgia. I thought Donald would be good though.

Wilkins, Tillery, Simmons and Lawrence are my favorite DT's after Quinnen and Oliver in this draft.

You make good points on Quinnen, he did play with a lot of talent around him.
Reply/Quote
White then Oliver they’ve been my top two for a while
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote