Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could only keep 5 players and 1 coach...
...who are you keeping? Say the NFL held a redraft of all players and the Bengals held the 16th pick. Every team gets to keep 5 players and a coach, but all the players not picked go into the draft pool and all the coaches become free to switch teams. Who are you keeping and why?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 11:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...who are you keeping? Say the NFL held a redraft of all players and the Bengals held the 16th pick. Every team gets to keep 5 players and a coach, but all the players not picked go into the draft pool and all the coaches become free to switch teams. Who are you keeping and why?

Green
Geno
Whitworth
Dalton
Dunlap

Urban- Wr Coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Green
Dalton
Dunlap
Geno
Burfict

Wow. What a year to have to pick a coach, eh?  Sad

I'd have to stick with Marv since he's probably the best shot at rebuilding the roster (assuming the rest of the FO is still intact). Wouldn't be too happy after that though...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
AJ Green- Arguably the best wideout in the NFL. I think it's a toss up between him and Julio. He's an incredibly versatile weapon that dictates the way defensive coordinators plan for the Bengals. Not to mention he seems like a great overall guy and the ideal player all the way around off of the field.

Andy Dalton- You gotta keep the duo together they have chemistry and can continue to tear up the league. Dalton has so many good qualities he's intelligent, he's a great passer, hes got some athleticism to him and once again great guy off of the field. He's the franchise QB.

Carlos Dunlap - Dunlap has come a long way and has turned into one of the best defensive ends in the league. You gotta be able to rush the passer and that would be my first focus when it came to defense.

Geno Atkins- Doubling down on pass rushers. The silent assassin Atkins is the man to destroy interior o-linemen.

Clint Boling - This was a tough choice but I went with the best o-linemen prospect because I'd want the best team possible in the trenches. Boling has done really well at pulling from the line and blocking in open space from what I've seen. That's a pretty valuable asset and you have to protect Dalton.

Ken Zampese- Not thrilled with any of my options really but I haven't given up on Zampese as an OC yet. Worst case scenario I make him the QB coach.

I thought about keeping Burfict but he can be a liability at times. Why risk it when you can take a stellar player without question marks? Whitworth is our best o-linemen and plays LT but he looks like he only has a year or 2 left.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green - top level WR

Andy Dalton - his best has yet to be seen and with a real coaching staff he'd shine

Giovani Bernard - top level all round back, good receiver, in right system he could really shine

Geno Atkins - game changer on good defense

Carlos Dunlap - same as Geno

Wouldn't keep a single coach or if I had to I'd fire him shortly after I could. I'm really, really, disgusted with this staff ! Beyond words thru with all of them. There's to much talent on this team to throw it away with these clowns.
Reply/Quote
Green
Dalton
Dunlap
Atkins
McCarran (you know, so we can trade him for a really good player)
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Dalton, Green, Atkins, Dunlap.... hmmm... maybe Eifert for red zone if not health, or Gio if Eifert is hurt at the time. Gio in a Sean Peyton offense or something would be a star.

Clean house coach-wise.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 11:55 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Green
Geno
Whitworth
Dalton
Dunlap

Urban- Wr Coach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change the coach to Marvin and that's my list.

Why Marvin, you ask?  His performance as coordinator for the Ravens and a bad Redskins team speaks for itself, and he was able to turn around this franchise.  Many lose sight of that, not me...
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 01:45 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Change the coach to Marvin and that's my list.

Why Marvin, you ask?  His performance as coordinator for the Ravens and a bad Redskins team speaks for itself, and he was able to turn around this franchise.  Many lose sight of that, not me...

Nobody has lost sight of that. Certainly not with everyone saying "remember the 90s!"

That doesn't mean that you can ignore the NFL all time record 0-7 in the playoffs. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 11:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: ...who are you keeping? Say the NFL held a redraft of all players and the Bengals held the 16th pick. Every team gets to keep 5 players and a coach, but all the players not picked go into the draft pool and all the coaches become free to switch teams. Who are you keeping and why?

Green and Eifert for my first two. When both are on the field and one is double-teamed, the other will produce handily. I just don't see better talent anywhere at their respective positions.

Next I look at Dalton, who has been a winner from day one, though not without going through a learning curve. So, he's human. And one with more than adequate physical and mental attributes to execute well-formed plans as well as making needed adjustments when necessary.

Atkins and Dunlap have to be kept for obvious reasons (to me). More opponents attempt to neutralize them more than any others on our defense. Speaks for itself, I'd say.

The coaching selection is the most difficult for me. Zampese and Urban, coupled with Dalton, Green, and Eifert have the best chance of succeeding over the rest of the staff as I see it now. But the one coach that has to make the best out of the worst is Simmons, who rarely has the luxury of getting one or two starters from the offense or defense to bolster his group into producing effectively. Huber has been very, very good. Adam Jones' returns are no secret. And Dunlap has blocked a couple of kicks....but beyond that his group are players that likely wouldn't be on the team had it not been for Simmons' ability to have them perform with effectiveness, year in and year out. So far 2016 has not been so kind to Simmons however. I give the slight edge to Zampese over Simmons however, mainly because of his longevity with this offense, and because of the numbers it has produced this year in spite of poor OLine play, Eifert's injury, and working in two new receivers. It's too soon to say Zampese won't succeed greatly as he shapes his own offense through the end of his first season as OC.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
Dalton
Atkins
Green
Dunlap
Eifert
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2016, 03:00 PM)J24 Wrote: Dalton
Atkins
Green
Dunlap
Eifert

This.  If it came down to 5.
Reply/Quote
Dalton
Green
Eifert
Bernard
Atkins

No coaches, don't know.

If Burfict lost weight, would have to knock someone out...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Green
Dalton
Dunlap
Atkins
Eifert

Eifert is just too good when healthy to be ignored. I honestly don't even think we've seen his full potential met at this point. An offense with Green, Dalton and Eifert is a nice starting point.

With the turd status or age of the rest of the d-line, they just couldn't afford to lose Carlos or Geno.

I'd keep Urban or maybe Zampese if I had to keep a coach. I'd like to see what Zampese could do without a giant zero playing at RT most of the time.
Reply/Quote
Green
Dunlap
Burfict
Atkins
Dalton

Coach: Darren Simmons

For me, was a toss up between Eifert and Burfict, as both get injured, Burfict has an administrative target on his back, but both are special players at their position and hard to replace. Had to go with Burfict because of the huge emotional lift his presence gives the defensive unit.

All the other players should seem pretty obvious as to why I would keep them.

Coach Simmons typically produces STs units ranking in the upper tier of the league.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Nicki V, that's all we need.

Andy
Adriel
Vontaze
Carlos
Geno

Darrin
Reply/Quote
Green
Atkins
Dunlap
Dalton
Shaw

Jeff Friday (if I have to keep one, I'm picking the least important of this group)
Reply/Quote
Dalton Green Eifert Dunlap Geno

And all the coaches suck but I guess Paul Alexander
Reply/Quote
Dalton
Green
Atkins
Dunlap
Burfict

And probably James urban but they all can be replaced
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I'd keep:

Dalton
Green
Atkins
Dunlap
Eifert

No coaches, I could pick up better ones from the coaches let go by other teams. Same is true for RBs, OL, secondary, LBs, kick returner, kicker, punter, etc., etc.

Reply/Quote