Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could, who would you bring in as head coach?
(06-08-2015, 10:02 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Yep.  There's a big difference between Jon and Jay Gruden.

Huge difference between the two, and another good choice IMO. 
Reply/Quote
No to the Grudens.  Just not a fan.  I don't see the hype behind Jon.  What has he done?  Won a Super bowl with Tony Dungee's team and then what? And Jay?  Still not impressed with him. 

Speaking of Dungee, he would be in my top three choices.  Cowher, Dungee, and Bruce Arians would be close.  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:51 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: No to the Grudens.  Just not a fan.  I don't see the hype behind Jon.  What has he done?  Won a Super bowl with Tony Dungee's team and then what? And Jay?  Still not impressed with him. 

Speaking of Dungee, he would be in my top three choices.  Cowher, Dungee, and Bruce Arians would be close.  

Don't see how you say that about Gruden but then list Dungy as an option.

People always seem to forget that it was Gruden's Raiders that he ended up playing in that Super Bowl. 
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 11:21 AM)GodFather Wrote: That would be a dream. The fans would get a team we always dreamed of with Bill! 

......yep......just gotta let him "shop for the groceries" Wink

(06-08-2015, 11:24 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I'm a huge Parcells guy but the NFL has passed him by. The league has changed way too much since the last time he had any success. As evidenced by his stints in Dallas and Miami...

He didn't do too badly as a coach in Dallas, and he wasn't coaching in Miami......Coughlin and Belichick, and now Zimmer, are using his philosophies today.....yeah, he's a little old, but this is a theoretical thread, and this is my theoretical HC.....

(06-08-2015, 11:50 AM)McC Wrote: He's 73.  He probably ain't kicking too high any more.

The man gets results......

(06-08-2015, 12:22 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Kicking or not - he wouldn't put up with the shit this team had to endure for the past two decades and a half. He's a proven winner at all levels. Zimmer comes from this coaching line.

......this is exactly what I was gonna say.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
What do you guys think about this line up of coaches.

Lewis GM, Parcells HC, Zimmer DC, and Jon Gruden OC.

As many have said I think Lewis would be a great GM, and I think Zimmer is a great DC not sure he's such a good HC.  No question John would be a great OC.

Struggled on deciding between Parcells and Cowher at HC.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 04:04 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: How about Sean Peyton?

This
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
David Shaw would be my choice.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
[Image: nfl_lombardi_03.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 01:41 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: What do you guys think about this line up of coaches.

Lewis GM, Parcells HC, Zimmer DC, and Jon Gruden OC.

As many have said I think Lewis would be a great GM, and I think Zimmer is a great DC not sure he's such a good HC.  No question John would be a great OC.

Struggled on deciding between Parcells and Cowher at HC.

[Image: 200_s.gif]

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 01:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: nfl_lombardi_03.jpg]

Bbbbbbrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccceeeeee!!!!!!!!

Oh....wait..... Confused  .......wrong Bruce.

(all jokes aside, Coslet did ok with the "roster" he was given, and folks forget he was Wyche's OC during the Super Bowl run)

Reply/Quote
Cowher would get my vote as a outsider, but Zimmer would be my choice from the Bengals family.
Reply/Quote
Been wanting to see Mark Richt make the transition, might as well give him some former players.
Reply/Quote
Just some names to throw out there:

Jim Harbaugh - Michigan
Mark Dantonio - Michigan State
Mark Helfrich - Oregon
Brian Kelly - ND
Art Briles - Baylor
Jimbo Fisher - Florida State
Gary Patterson - TCU
Urban Meyer - OSU

Pat Shurmer - Eagles OC
Ray Horton - Titans DC
Darrell Bevell - Seahawks OC
Sean McDermott - Panthers DC
Josh McDaniels - Patriots OC
Greg Roman - Bills OC (formerly 49ers OC)
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 12:53 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Don't see how you say that about Gruden but then list Dungy as an option.

People always seem to forget that it was Gruden's Raiders that he ended up playing in that Super Bowl. 

Not only this, but with the same "Gruden won with Dungy's team" logic, that means Dungy won his SB with Jim Mora's team.

Wyche's Warrior Wrote:Bbbbbbrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucccceeeeee!!!!!!!!

Oh....wait..... Confused .......wrong Bruce.

(all jokes aside, Coslet did ok with the "roster" he was given, and folks forget he was Wyche's OC during the Super Bowl run)

Yup. Coslet started out pretty good, posting a 7-2 record as interim HC in 1996, followed by 7-9 in 1997. He brought in Jeff Blake and lured Boomer back to town.

Unfortunately, Mike Brown encouraged Boomer to pursue the MNF job and went on sign Neil O'Donnell and draft Akili Smith. Coslet went 7-28 after that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
A lot have said cowher, and he was who came to mind at first. I got to thinking about current coaches, and I think chip Kelly would score record breaking points with this offense. When all said and done, he will have the eagles competing in the playoffs annually. I just think chip has that IT factor as a coach, and he will be a good one for some years to come. Honestly, I am pretty good with who are coaches are, all the way around. I want to see the players stay healthy this year and see what we can do with the coaches we have. If for some reason the season goes south on us again, via injuries or whatever the circumstances, and Marvin's pushed out, I wouldn't mind seeing hue take over. He has some fire in him, and he is well respected in the organization.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 03:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just some names to throw out there:

Jim Harbaugh - Michigan
Mark Helfrich - Oregon
Brian Kelly - ND
Art Briles - Baylor
Gary Patterson - TCU
Urban Meyer - OSU

Pat Shurmer - Eagles OC
Ray Horton - Titans DC

I've always been interested in Gary Patterson. That guy has led TCU to a lot of success no matter what the AD's office has done when it came to conference re-alignment. I live in the Portland area, so I'm hesitant on Mark Helfrich. He seems like a nice guy, but as of right now he feels like a system guy. I think the next year or two will show if he's a legit coach and just enjoying what Kelly left to him.

The interesting name to me on the NFL coordinator list is Ray Horton. He's a former player and coach for us. He would know a lot about the team and how it works. My only concern with him is he's a 3-4 guy.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 04:57 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I've always been interested in Gary Patterson. That guy has led TCU to a lot of success no matter what the AD's office has done when it came to conference re-alignment. I live in the Portland area, so I'm hesitant on Mark Helfrich. He seems like a nice guy, but as of right now he feels like a system guy. I think the next year or two will show if he's a legit coach and just enjoying what Kelly left to him.

The interesting name to me on the NFL coordinator list is Ray Horton. He's a former player and coach for us. He would know a lot about the team and how it works. My only concern with him is he's a 3-4 guy.

I would be intrigued to see how Art or Gary would do in the NFL. Art seems like an offensive mastermind - his offenses are super fun to watch. Gary seems like a true pro style approach to his coaching. I see a gritty Defense, solid all-around offense. I think I would rather have Gary. There is something about the way his teams play that i really like to watch. 

Shaw from Stanford is another one I think would make a really good NFL coach. Pro style offense, pretty good defenses. Seems like a "no bull-shit" kinda guy. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:11 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I would be intrigued to see how Art or Gary would do in the NFL. Art seems like an offensive mastermind - his offenses are super fun to watch. Gary seems like a true pro style approach to his coaching. I see a gritty Defense, solid all-around offense. I think I would rather have Gary. There is something about the way his teams play that i really like to watch. 

Shaw from Stanford is another one I think would make a really good NFL coach. Pro style offense, pretty good defenses. Seems like a "no bull-shit" kinda guy. 

I've always liked Shaw, and I always wondered if he's try to get to Indianapolis to reunite with Luck and Hamilton. Indy came out and said that they weren't going to extend Pagano before the season. If Indy falls on their face, then I'd imagine Shaw would be on their short list.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 03:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just some names to throw out there:

Jim Harbaugh - Michigan
Mark Helfrich - Oregon
Brian Kelly - ND
Art Briles - Baylor
Gary Patterson - TCU
Urban Meyer - OSU

Pat Shurmer - Eagles OC
Ray Horton - Titans DC

Kevin Coyle is someone I firmly believe they would look into to signing as a head coach.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:42 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Kevin Coyle is someone I firmly believe they would look into to signing as a head coach.

I have no issue Coyle, but it'd be his 1st head coaching job at age 60.
Reply/Quote