Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could, who would you bring in as head coach?
(06-08-2015, 05:44 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I have no issue Coyle, but it'd be his 1st head coaching job at age 60.

True. But Coyle is only a few months older than Mike Zimmer.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 03:58 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Not only this, but with the same "Gruden won with Dungy's team" logic, that means Dungy won his SB with Jim Mora's team.

Yup. Coslet started out pretty good, posting a 7-2 record as interim HC in 1996, followed by 7-9 in 1997. He brought in Jeff Blake and lured Boomer back to town.

Unfortunately, Mike Brown encouraged Boomer to pursue the MNF job and went on sign Neil O'Donnell and draft Akili Smith. Coslet went 7-28 after that.

Dungy was just collecting his karma.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:46 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: True. But Coyle is only a few months older than Mike Zimmer.

I know that, but how long is Coyle going to last as a HC, at this point?
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I'm assuming that someone is going to offer Urban Meyer a head coaching job in the NFL. .I have no clue if he would have success or not, but I'd feel somewhat giddy for a few hours anyway if it were the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:48 PM)McC Wrote: Dungy was just collecting his karma.

Then Gruden was also collecting his, as his Raiders made the SB. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 01:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......yep......just gotta let him "shop for the groceries" Wink

He didn't do too badly as a coach in Dallas, and he wasn't coaching in Miami......Coughlin and Belichick, and now Zimmer, are using his philosophies today.....yeah, he's a little old, but this is a theoretical thread, and this is my theoretical HC.....

The man gets results......

......this is exactly what I was gonna say.
I was just kidding.  The last I knew, he was retired and had no interest in coming back.  Yes, I know this is just theoretical.

The thing that he has that never gets left behind by evolution of the game is his utter commitment to winning.  He won't tolerate anything but maximum effort. 

He could hire younger guys as coordinators to keep up with the changes.  He just needs to steer the ship.  I believe he could do that at any age.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Then Gruden was also collecting his, as his Raiders made the SB. 

Yep.  Karma all over the place.

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:56 PM)McC Wrote: Yep.  Karma all over the place.

Yep.

[Image: tumblr_mqq5r1pMhw1rmji07o4_500.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
bfine32
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 03:21 PM)Stormborn Wrote: Been wanting to see Mark Richt make the transition, might as well give him some former players.

And in a situation to have a good QB, recruiting a QB has been his big issue since Stafford left. Would really like to see him with a team like ours that has 95% of the pieces. 
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 01:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: [Image: nfl_lombardi_03.jpg]

His outfit kicks ass!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Barry Alvarez
Reply/Quote
Joe Lombardi.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 05:55 PM)McC Wrote: I was just kidding.  The last I knew, he was retired and had no interest in coming back.  Yes, I know this is just theoretical.

The thing that he has that never gets left behind by evolution of the game is his utter commitment to winning.  He won't tolerate anything but maximum effort. 

He could hire younger guys as coordinators to keep up with the changes.  He just needs to steer the ship.  I believe he could do that at any age.

This is exactly where I was going with my though process on hiring him.....the will to win, and getting the most out of each and every player.  If you don't put forth the efoort, you're gone so fast, it'll make your head spin.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'd take Shanahan over Marvin.

I'd be ok with Jon Gruden as well.

Dungy would be my first pick.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
Ditka.   Cool

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2015, 11:25 AM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I'd take Shanahan over Marvin.

I'd be ok with Jon Gruden as well.

Dungy would be my first pick.

Shanahan is an interesting choice......I often forget about him.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Mike Sherman, Fired from the Dolphins last year.
Mike Martz, retired, but still interviewing.

All time wish, Jimmy Johnson (hated the man, but he knew what he was doing), but he's like 71 now Sad

If we want younger up and coming coaches to last for 10+ years, then:
Rob Ryan (DC NO Saints)
Sean McDermott (DC Jags)
Pete Carmichael (OC NO Saints)
Dan Quinn (Seattle DC)
Darrell Bevell (Seattle OC)

Possible:
Adam Gase (Denver OC)
Vance Joseph (Bengals DB Coach)
Reply/Quote
I'll come off as a Dalton-hater BUT I'd like to wave a magic wand in 2010 and see what would happen if we fired Marvin and Brat and kept Palmer and got Arians as the HC. This defense and AJ and Palmer with BA's system sounds like a hit.
Reply/Quote
I'd gladly take John Gruden
Reply/Quote