Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you said this game was over…
It's a public message board. If you look like an idiot, you're going to be called out on it. I have no problem with folks criticizing poor play. but idiots are as idiots do.

IMO if you use the term Bungles, you're not a fan I care to discuss football with,
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-18-2022, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's a public message board. If you look like an idiot, you're going to be called out on it. I have no problem with folks criticizing poor play. but idiots are as idiots do.

IMO if you use the term Bungles, you're not a fan I care to discuss football with,

The funny part is you guys cry just as much and look even more weak.. that's the best part to me..
(12-18-2022, 10:11 PM)Tony Wrote: I said we were gonna get blown out.. who gives a ****? We won..

You’ve been wrong on the Bengals and mostly the staff so much that the number resembles the quills on a porcupine.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

(12-18-2022, 10:53 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You’ve been wrong on the Bengals and mostly the staff so much that the number resembles the quills on a porcupine.

I've never felt better about it either!...
(12-18-2022, 10:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's a public message board. If you look like an idiot, you're going to be called out on it. I have no problem with folks criticizing poor play. but idiots are as idiots do.

Serious question - why does that term bother you so much? (And I know you are not the only one)
It was over-used by Berman in the 90s/2000s but to me it’s just another way for someone to express how bad they think the team is playing at that time.
I see it the same as saying they are playing like crap or another curse word.
(12-18-2022, 10:51 PM)Tony Wrote: The funny part is you guys cry just as much and look even more weak.. that's the best part to me..

Nah, I just left the subforum to the Board Karens. 

(12-18-2022, 10:56 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Serious question - why does that term bother you so much? (And I know you are not the only one)
It was over-used by Berman in the 90s/2000s but to me it’s just another way for someone to express how bad they think the team is playing at that time.
I see it the same as saying they are playing like crap or another curse word.

Because it's not the 90s anymore. it's just like those who always associate us with malcontents and have paid 0 attention to what's happened in the last few years. 

You all act like a bunch of babies down by 3. Forget 17-0.

Grow up
(12-18-2022, 11:24 PM)motoarch Wrote: You all act like a bunch of babies down by 3.  Forget 17-0.

Grow up

Can you teach us your ways good sir? We need more punishment up in here... Getting rowdy in a gameday thread is a mortal sin.. God help us all..
(12-18-2022, 09:56 PM)maclanta Wrote: I feel like I've finally entered into recovery from my bengals Fandom through the 90s

I literally calmly texted my father "fortunately we get to play another half"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel the same. I don't even get nervous anymore. It's a weird feeling, being a Bengals fan and all.

"Better send those refunds..."

Why do people forget that this is a 2nd-half team?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Oh my .... here's the skinny: some folks like to knee jerk react and get their frustrations out, others like to chill and see how it all plays out. Each gets on the other's nerves. Neither is better than the other. That's why there's two forums to discuss the game live. Nothing more, nothing less. It ain't about who's better, etc. It's good moderating....at least for me.

(12-18-2022, 09:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Then you clearly haven’t been paying attention the last two seasons. Come on, if you can’t believe in this team now you should just give up because watching sports is not for you.

lol. Afterward, i thought "i bet the GD thread was fun in the first half". I don't even have this website open during the game anymore. 

Hilarious

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-18-2022, 10:14 PM)casear2727 Wrote: Of course I was a positive ray of sunshine....

Yeah, down 17-0, it was pretty much down to getting points on that last drive. I mentioned it could be a long day if we don't score here. Maybe a couple others had similar posts. But it wasn't overly dramatic.

(12-18-2022, 09:49 PM)Joelist Wrote: What if you did not say the game was over but expressed disappointment at the poor play (especially in the first half)?

Then you completely wasted your time because this team has a tendency to come back in the 2nd half of games. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Lots of fan gatekeepers today. We are all glad they won, but there was nothing “Karen” like about talking about how bad they were playing. It was easily their worst half of football all year. The offense had 38 yards prior to the last drive of the first half, and the defense didn’t get one stop all first half against a bad offense, Brady, or not.

Yes they turned it on and blew the doors off them in the second half, but it’s not like that completely erased how poorly they started the game. We are all reacting in real time, and we feel this is a place where we can let things off our chest. That doesn’t make them less of a fan. Like I said, being a (fan)atic comes with emotions, and negative emotions are allowed.

We don’t need gatekeeping.
I got eviscerated for saying that we weren’t screwed at halftime because a 45 year old man is on the other sideline.
(12-19-2022, 12:14 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Then you completely wasted your time because this team has a tendency to come back in the 2nd half of games. 

We are 2-3 when losing at halftime, and the 2 wins we were down no more than 1 score.
(12-18-2022, 09:53 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The discord channel had plenty of deserved criticism today, but it had far less wrist slitting, noose wearing, drano drinking drivel than the game day thread typically has.

Wait...you mean pointing out how the Bucs are playing way better than they've played all year, have come up with schemes that are successful against the Bengals and their defensive line is getting pressure while their corners are playing very tight coverage and the Bengals are going to need to find a solution to what they're doing, in the second half, is different than whining that you can never have anything nice and the "gAmE iS OvEr!11!1!!!11"??

ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME THAT IT'S POSSIBLE TO BE "NEGATIVE" BUT NOT BE A WHINEY ASS, SKY IS FALLING BEEYOTCH??

(12-18-2022, 09:57 PM)Joelist Wrote: Okay, that makes sense. It sounded like any form of criticism was disallowed. 

Late games can really be kind of mehhh. I watched games all day but when the Bengals game came around, i didn't really have a positive feeling about the game. It was kind of...hmm, this might not end with a W. Then the first half happened and i was like, well, it feels like that kind of game. Then Burrow goes zip zip zip, down the field and they get a FG to end the half. The craziest thing that happened all day was that i instantly had that feeling like they were going to pull this game out, easy. Like a light switch was flipped. 

All shit talk aside, i just honestly hope all Bengals fans can get to the point that they don't let a loss, or a bad start ruin the day and they can enjoy the entire experience because we really are in a great era of Bengals football right now. 

I've already pointed out several times about how i felt after the 49ers game last year and since then i've just been able to really enjoy Bengals football, win or lose. The week leading up the the KC game this year i was able to talk shit to Chiefs fans all week and never once, for even one second, thought the Bengals could lose that game. It was probably the best entire week of football i've ever experienced.