Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you said this game was over…
(12-19-2022, 12:22 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wait...you mean pointing out how the Bucs are playing way better than they've played all year, have come up with schemes that are successful against the Bengals and their defensive line is getting pressure while their corners are playing very tight coverage and the Bengals are going to need to find a solution to what they're doing, in the second half, is different than whining that you can never have anything nice and the "gAmE iS OvEr!11!1!!!11"??

ARE YOU TRYING TO TELL ME THAT IT'S POSSIBLE TO BE "NEGATIVE" BUT NOT BE A WHINEY ASS, SKY IS FALLING BEEYOTCH??

Probably the same people that will throw their toys next Sunday morning, cuz Santa didn't give them the one they wanted..
(12-19-2022, 12:16 AM)C0de_M0nkey Wrote: I got eviscerated for saying that we weren’t screwed at halftime because a 45 year old man is on the other sideline.

Maybe by some random guy who disappeared from the thread in the second half.

Anyone who thinks it was unfair to criticize how the team played in the first half is stupid. Anyone who thinks the game was entirely lost after the first half is also stupid. Both those statements can be true. 
(12-19-2022, 12:15 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Lots of fan gatekeepers today. We are all glad they won, but there was nothing “Karen” like about talking about how bad they were playing. It was easily their worst half of football all year. The offense had 38 yards prior to the last drive of the first half, and the defense didn’t get one stop all first half against a bad offense, Brady, or not.

Yes they turned it on and blew the doors off them in the second half, but it’s not like that completely erased how poorly they started the game. We are all reacting in real time, and we feel this is a place where we can let things off our chest. That doesn’t make them less of a fan. Like I said, being a (fan)atic comes with emotions, and negative emotions are allowed.

We don’t need gatekeeping.

Are these "talking" about how bad they were playing?

Quote:Apple is a 4th string DB so no issue with him.
Quote:Deffinetly getting blown out

Where's all the hooting and hollering Bengals clowns from this site that yapped all week about how bengals should blow this team out and Brady's a bum and has a noodle arm. My god you're an embarrassment.

Typical Bengals playing down to the opposition.

Only 1 person on earth would challenge that play

Butt kicking here. This is a trap game, saw it coming after ravens lost yesterday, pressure is off to win.

This defense sucks today

Don't seem TOO "over the top"? The score was 3-0 at the time
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-19-2022, 12:31 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Probably the same people that will throw their toys next Sunday morning, cuz Santa didn't give them the one they wanted..

That's why i always buy my own toys and my wife just has to wrap them and put her name on it.  Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(12-19-2022, 12:15 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yes they turned it on and blew the doors off them in the second half, but it’s not like that completely erased how poorly they started the game. We are all reacting in real time, and we feel this is a place where we can let things off our chest. That doesn’t make them less of a fan. Like I said, being a (fan)atic comes with emotions, and negative emotions are allowed.

We don’t need gatekeeping.

Why do you keep saying this?  I didnt see anyone saying anything about not being a fan?  Some were stupid, beyond basic criticism. Sure be a fanatic but, but go overboard and it might be called out. 

(12-19-2022, 12:59 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Why do you keep saying this?  I didnt see anyone saying anything about not being a fan?  Some were stupid, beyond basic criticism. Sure be a fanatic but, but go overboard and it might be called out. 

My step dad was over watching with me, we just went down 17-0. I said… that’s why we play two half’s. I did an outfit swap, pulled out the speaker and said we will speak this into existence and when applicable played some Bengals songs. Before halftime, we got to play the “who dey song”. Before kickoff, welcome to the jungle and so on. Long story short, it was fun. I was never really nervous though. This team is special. Starts with the QB and coaching.

If they are not going to lose confidence, why should I?
(12-19-2022, 01:09 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: My step dad was over watching with me, we just went down 17-0. I said… that’s why we play two half’s.  I did an outfit swap, pulled out the speaker and said we will speak this into existence and when applicable played some Bengals songs.  Before halftime, we got to play the “who dey song”.  Before kickoff, welcome to the jungle and so on.  Long story short, it was fun.  I was never really nervous though.  This team is special.  Starts with the QB and coaching.

If they are not going to lose confidence, why should I?

So you and pops were the reason for that crazy 3rd Qtr!  Keep it up!

(12-19-2022, 01:11 AM)casear2727 Wrote: So you and pops were the reason for that crazy 3rd Qtr!  Keep it up!

Yea, but now I need a new speaker. I wore that one out. Too many big plays on both sides of the ball. I’m not even sure I heard the announcers that qtr, which I am not upset about… which is ironic bc I normall enjoy romo during the chiefs games.
(12-19-2022, 01:12 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Yea, but now I need a new speaker.  I wore that one out.  Too many big plays on both sides of the ball.  I’m not even sure I heard the announcers that qtr, which I am not upset about… which is ironic bc I normall enjoy romo during the chiefs games.

I was a Romo fan before this game as well, he was pathetic today.

It felt more like Zac was screwing with Tampa Bay most of the first half. See how easy they moved down the field on the last possession of the first half?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

In years past, a 17-3 halftime score would've told me that there's zero chance of the Bengals winning. Instead, our coaches and players now make it where you can never count them out. Whether it's Zac, Callahan, and Burrow helping adjust the offense or Lou being a mad-scientist, it always feels like they'll find a way to get us back.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
my sentiment on Reddit right before half time as the Bucs were driving while up 10-0:

Quote:It'll either be 13-0 at half time or 17-0 at half time.

Not insurmountable, but what an unpleasant game to watch.

My sentiment right at half time:

Quote:Showed a little life at the end there. The defense can catch a breath over halftime. Hopefully, they get a stop coming out of the half, and the Bengals get within a touchdown.

Happy to say I never lost faith in the team :)
(12-18-2022, 11:39 PM)Tony Wrote: Can you teach us your ways good sir? We need more punishment up in here... Getting rowdy in a gameday thread is a mortal sin.. God help us all..

You're the absolute worst of all of them.

King baby
The way our team is playing my belief is we are never out of the game. Best all around Bengal team in quite a while
Ummmm....wow.
What an unproductive and sad thread.

*looks in mirror*

Gaahhhh !
I've criticized the criticizers !

Ninja[Image: giphy.gif?cid=349c9dd7kvb3syqqtta1yvobjw...y.gif&ct=g]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
(12-19-2022, 12:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Are these "talking" about how bad they were playing?

Don't seem TOO "over the top"? The score was 3-0 at the time

Oh my gosh, people over reacting because the Bengals were playing terrible to start the game. What in the world will we ever do? Did it hurt your feelings that people were blowing off steam? Did they attack you personally?

I’m going to find it hard to believe that you’ve never had a negative over the top reaction when you shouldn’t have. Yeah it can get annoying, but unless they act like that Higgy character attacking other fans and being belligerent, then let them blow off steam and move on. You’re not the gatekeeper to peoples emotions during a game.
(12-19-2022, 12:59 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Why do you keep saying this?  I didnt see anyone saying anything about not being a fan?  Some were stupid, beyond basic criticism. Sure be a fanatic but, but go overboard and it might be called out. 

well if you’re going to “call out” an emotional reaction (not talking about those being belligerent and attacking other fans like Higgy) then be prepared to get called out at what you're doing.

The only reason you’re calling them out is because you don’t THINK FANS should act a certain way, and since it’s not the way you THINK they should act you are trying to discredit their fandom. people who gatekeep think they are better and deserve to monitor others because they think they are better.

I say this as someone whose not typically posting the things y’all are complaining about, but this board provides an outlet for both frustration and celebration, if someone isn’t personally attacking you or being belligerent, why can’t they voice frustration in real time, overreaction or not? Is it because it’s not how you operate? Cool? Others do.
(12-19-2022, 02:19 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: my sentiment on Reddit right before half time as the Bucs were driving while up 10-0:

My sentiment right at half time:

Happy to say I never lost faith in the team :)

Pretty much how the discord chat was.

"Better send those refunds..."

(12-18-2022, 09:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Being down 17-0 is a recipe for success. Like Burrow said, nobody wants to be down 21-3. Lol

Bengals should start every game back 17-0. In fact spot em 17 in every game before kickoff.. Talk about intimidating your opponent.. Ninja
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

I was one of those saying we were toast when it was 17-0. I have 30+ years as a season ticket holder watching the team lose games they shouldn’t. Excuse me for not allowing one season of success to offset those 30+ years of reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk