Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you said this game was over…
(12-19-2022, 10:30 AM)Tony Wrote: They say they won't come to the gameday thread, but they can't help themselves.. They always gotta come in and get their shot in. I never even once tried to enter their little love fest in the discord.. Who's worst?

I'm not calling out anyone my friend. I'm just pointing out why there are two ways to enjoy the game day discussion. I don't really begrudge anyone for blowing off steam, I just personally quit the thread because it became too cumbersome. Discord forum allows for a lot of discussion about the plays, etc without all of the in-fighting. I agree, if you're in Discord for that reason, you shouldn't be in the game day thread chastising folks for venting and being over the top. Just my humble opinion.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-19-2022, 10:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The Karens who ruin GD then whine on Monday about being called out over it. The Karens make it sooooo miserable they actually had to establish a different forum for actual supporters of the team to discuss the game. And saying the whiners in GD are supporters of the team, supporting them only when they are winning is not supporting them.

I've been here since 88 just and never left. Just because I got irate doesn't mean I don't support them.. You guys got your own place for a love fest now.m What's the problem? It's obvious you aren't ever gonna change how someone feels or acts in the moment. Thays more Karen than anything anyone does in GD threads.. I don't like how how you show emotion, so I'm gonna cry about it. It's been years now.. Give it up...
(12-19-2022, 10:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I agree with you that those who complain about the GameDay thread should just refrain from posting in it entirely and not come in at any point in time to stir the pot, talk shit, or in any way criticize the doom-and-gloomers. 

Always respected you Philos.. Even though we had our run in's... You a good dude.. I'm glad you guys can enjoy the game too.. I've just been that way since I was kid... A little too diehard I guess..
(12-19-2022, 10:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm not calling out anyone my friend. I'm just pointing out why there are two ways to enjoy the game day discussion. I don't really begrudge anyone for blowing off steam, I just personally quit the thread because it became too cumbersome. Discord forum allows for a lot of discussion about the plays, etc without all of the in-fighting. I agree, if you're in Discord for that reason, you shouldn't be in the game day thread chastising folks for venting and being over the top. Just my humble opinion.

Great post. I think it is a great solution. I don't mean this as an insult to anyone, but some people genuinely enjoy being ridiculous, shouting stupidities at the TV and being emotional. They think it is fun. Others want to have more rational discussion about the game and what is happening. We now have two places that accommodate each group. If someone wants to predict the Bengals are going to lose 42-6, or that Burrow is overrated, or whatever the hell else, they have an avenue to do so with other like-minded fans. 
(12-19-2022, 10:49 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah, there are some who take it too far, when it crosses over into insulting and attacking other fans or being incredibly belligerent, but if someone believes they haven’t had any emotional overreaction in real time, they are just lieing  to themselves. Now not everyone does react the same way, but I feel if it’s within the rules of the board, why create threads bashing them.

It’s to make themselves feel superior as fans. I generally stay positive and don’t often post “doom and gloom” but I’m not going to criticize someone for venting.

They do it hoping to get us to attack them and get us banned.. And they call us Karens lol
(12-19-2022, 10:58 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Great post. I think it is a great solution. I don't mean this as an insult to anyone, but some people genuinely enjoy being ridiculous, shouting stupidities at the TV and being emotional. They think it is fun. Others want to have more rational discussion about the game and what is happening. We now have two places that accommodate each group. If someone wants to predict the Bengals are going to lose 42-6, or that Burrow is overrated, or whatever the hell else, they have an avenue to do so with other like-minded fans. 

Right, and I used to shout at the TV in my younger days, lol. It's two things for me personally, one, I'm older. Two, I became a little apathetic after the wildcard meltdown...so now I'm just enjoying these guys and the way they stay focused through adversity. After feeling we were headed back to the 90s, I'm just grateful to be a contender again and not getting too emotional about it.

I think it was a good move by the moderator team

(12-19-2022, 10:49 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm not calling out anyone my friend. I'm just pointing out why there are two ways to enjoy the game day discussion. I don't really begrudge anyone for blowing off steam, I just personally quit the thread because it became too cumbersome. Discord forum allows for a lot of discussion about the plays, etc without all of the in-fighting. I agree, if you're in Discord for that reason, you shouldn't be in the game day thread chastising folks for venting and being over the top. Just my humble opinion.

Our GD thread is mild. You should see the chiefs and raven boards. They literally threaten each other with violence.. I don't have 1 problem with the members here.. I just overreact at the games a lot. I guess I get a little to into it. What can I say? Love my Bengals..
(12-18-2022, 10:36 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I get the whole don't overreact thing. But that was an absolute brutal 1st half. I'm mean I'm not sure we even forced an incomplete pass the bucs last 2 drives to end the half. It had a very browns Bengals game feel with the good looking 1st drive until it didn't and then the lack of being able to do anything. I can only speak for myself but a very winnable game that got all that more important with the Ravens loss and we were getting embarrassed in the 1st half. I was at home screaming someone get a soldering iron and cauterize the wound on Joey Bs pinkie.

It was indeed a brutal first half.

I guess I look at it like this:  How would I feel if the Bengals had the Chiefs, Bills or Eagles down 17-3 at the end of the first half?  Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, whoever are playing badly and their defense can't get our offense off of the field without allowing points.  Would I honestly be comfortable?  Would it feel like it was in the bag?

For me, personally, I know I'd still be nervous as hell.  An adjustment here or there, a key mistake on our part and that 14 point lead can be gone in 30 seconds. I need about a 4 score difference before I feel ready to write a game off.  I've seen too much weird stuff happen.  I try to apply that logic in reverse when the Bengals have halves like yesterday's.  I might feel differently if they didn't have a complete offense, but as constructed now, I'm not burying them until they're fully cooked.
(12-19-2022, 10:45 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So when you’re upset at your child, and you lecture them, does mean you don’t support them? 

What about when you're child makes a mistake and you call them trash and a loser? Is that being supportive?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-19-2022, 11:01 AM)Tony Wrote: Our GD thread is mild. You should see the chiefs and raven boards. They literally threaten each other with violence.. I don't have 1 problem with the members here.. I just overreact at the games a lot. I guess I get a little to into it. What can I say? Love my Bengals..

Yep, and nothing wrong with it to me anyway, and I've been there myself. It's just too hard for me to keep up with the conversations that interest me. Discord makes it a lot easier. That's why I prefer it. Others may have other agendas regarding it, but not me. I just like how it's streamlined. Make no mistake Tony, we were not liking what we saw in the first half either, lol....there just wasn't any bashing and page after page of it. So the conversation moves smoother for me. You guys do what you do, I, for one, ain't gonna slam any of you over it. Let er rip!

(12-19-2022, 11:06 AM)samhain Wrote: It was indeed a brutal first half.

I guess I look at it like this:  How would I feel if the Bengals had the Chiefs, Bills or Eagles down 17-3 at the end of the first half?  Mahomes, Allen, Hurts, whoever are playing badly and their defense can't get our offense off of the field without allowing points.  Would I honestly be comfortable?  Would it feel like it was in the bag?

For me, personally, I know I'd still be nervous as hell.  An adjustment here or there, a key mistake on our part and that 14 point lead can be gone in 30 seconds. I need about a 4 score difference before I feel ready to write a game off.  I've seen too much weird stuff happen.  I try to apply that logic in reverse when the Bengals have halves like yesterday's.  I might feel differently if they didn't have a complete offense, but as constructed now, I'm not burying them until they're fully cooked.

It happened to the Bucs yesterday, no doubt

(12-18-2022, 09:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Then you clearly haven’t been paying attention the last two seasons. Come on, if you can’t believe in this team now you should just give up because watching sports is not for you.

I didn't say it was over by any stretch, but I also don't see this game as the greatest comeback for the Bengals.  I saw Tampa self-destruct time and time again.  Burrow was awesome and the defense clamped Brady in the 2nd half, but wow.  Tampa's implosion looked like some early 90s Bengals stuff.  
(12-19-2022, 10:54 AM)Tony Wrote: Always respected you Philos.. Even though we had our run in's... You a good dude.. I'm glad you guys can enjoy the game too.. I've just been that way since I was kid... A little too diehard I guess..

[Image: R.b72dba0b4c40fb59e2cbd6cae0c264fc?rik=E...ImgRaw&r=0][Image: 200.gif][Image: R.dbb814a1e992bf3620755c8fa5da01e9?rik=x...ImgRaw&r=0][Image: R.b19c0c82bdb83f450b7e254725acac55?rik=E...1&sresct=1][Image: R.b19c0c82bdb83f450b7e254725acac55?rik=E...1&sresct=1]

[Image: R.d827d88abefb5960af5ab5310f30894d?rik=3...ImgRaw&r=0][Image: R.811f17b4f1fa34a788f7adb7c0ff5c96?rik=0...ImgRaw&r=0][Image: 600_GroupHug_0-1528485848.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-19-2022, 10:20 AM)Nepa Wrote: Agreed with this point of view. Very little insightful analysis of what Tampa Bay was doing in the 1st half defensively, just how great Tom Brady was offensively. And then when CTB went down and they went to an injury time out, the announcers came back and never said a word about the injury. And the announcers were so wrong on the interception. Just kept saying the ball clearly hit the ground, when it never hit the ground. And doubling and tripling up on their mistake by showing surprise Brady was walking off the field, the Bengals were taking the field.

Overall, Romo was very annoying yesterday.

The dumbest part was the end of the game.  

I just watched Tampa completely implode in all facets while blowing a 14 point advantage to a superior team.  While this happens, I have Romo emphatically reminding me about how dangerous and tough the Bucs will be in the playoffs.  I was getting confused as to what game they were watching.
(12-18-2022, 09:50 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I'm pretty sure the Defense gave Burrow the ball a million times within their 30. That first TD was probably the toughest drive we had all year and we got the ball on their 20. Burrow almost took a 35 yard sack?

About that sack....I kind of laughed thinking Money Mac (who's FG right before the half looked like it would have been good from 70 yards) was on the sideline nodding as Burrow kept backing up, like:  "Keep going, Joe, I can still make it....can still make it....can still make it!"   Hilarious

Maybe it was the warmer, less-dense air, but Money Mac absolutely crushed that FG right before the half.  
(12-19-2022, 11:16 AM)samhain Wrote: The dumbest part was the end of the game.  

I just watched Tampa completely implode in all facets while blowing a 14 point advantage to a superior team.  While this happens, I have Romo emphatically reminding me about how dangerous and tough the Bucs will be in the playoffs.  I was getting confused as to what game they were watching.

to be fair if the bucs play a full game like they did the first half...  

They will be hard to beat
(12-19-2022, 11:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: to be fair if the bucs play a full game like they did the first half...  

They will be hard to beat

Yeah, but they haven't shown the ability to do that, so it's still in the "if" realm.  It's week 15, so the sample size is more than substantial.  

If you're not getting your act together in 14 regular season games, you're pretty unlikely to do it in the playoffs vs theoretically better opponents.  Any team with a healthy pass rush will demolish that 45 year old quarterback in short order.  
The world holds its breath awaiting the season finale of "The Bengals Board Drama Queen Awards Show"..Unfortunately no networks are in the least bit interested in carrying it live..or recorded or even a highly edited and condensed transcript.   Cool We could just rename it to the "Who gives a crap award.".. I bet it would be a Youtube sensation..  Shocked
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(12-19-2022, 11:26 AM)samhain Wrote: Yeah, but they haven't shown the ability to do that, so it's still in the "if" realm.  It's week 15, so the sample size is more than substantial.  

If you're not getting your act together in 14 regular season games, you're pretty unlikely to do it in the playoffs vs theoretically better opponents.  Any team with a healthy pass rush will demolish that 45 year old quarterback in short order.  

Yep, they're 6-8 for a reason.
Only way to combat the over emotional(critics or apologist) fans is to shut down the GD thread completely.

Every week its the same thing in here. Just shut it down already if its not working