Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you said this game was over…
Folks, it's pretty simple.. Just ignore the stuff that annoys you. Heck, ignore me for that matter. I promise you won't in the least hurt my feelings. I can take it.. The question is Can You? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-19-2022, 11:34 AM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: Only way to combat the over emotional(critics or apologist) fans is to shut down the GD thread completely.  

Every week its the same thing in here.  Just shut it down already if its not working

Ehhh it's kind of a big part of the boards here. Besides we got 2 separate ways to follow the game and comment. I don't see what the big deal is here ..
(12-19-2022, 11:45 AM)Tony Wrote: Ehhh it's kind of a big part of the boards here. Besides we got 2 separate ways to follow the game and comment. I don't see what the big deal is here ..

Agreed 

"Better send those refunds..."

(12-19-2022, 07:06 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: well if you’re going to “call out” an emotional reaction (not talking about those being belligerent and attacking other fans like Higgy) then be prepared to get called out at what you're doing.

The only reason you’re calling them out is because you don’t THINK FANS should act a certain way, and since it’s not the way you THINK they should act you are trying to discredit their fandom. people who gatekeep think they are better and deserve to monitor others because they think they are better.

I say this as someone whose not typically posting the things y’all are complaining about, but this board provides an outlet for both frustration and celebration, if someone isn’t personally attacking you or being belligerent, why can’t they voice frustration in real time, overreaction or not? Is it because it’s not how you operate? Cool? Others do.

I think it is stupid to say we are going to lose the game when it is 3-0 or 10-0 in the 1st quarter. You need to stop being a big baby and if you say shit own it.

No one is gatekeeping you are being fragile, no one ever said they were being personally insulted except you whining about Higgy, and reading all off your comments here he apparently was absolutely spot on.  No one said you are not a true fan. Just big babies that are not emotionally mature enough to get through the 1st quarter of an NFL game.

95% of us voiced frustration on the game thread, you other 5% have to go to the extreme and claim we are going to get blown out and lose next week.

Also, why do you think guys like Joe need you to protect him? He is fine.  Seriously, stop the fragilness over your own whiny words, it is football.

(12-19-2022, 10:45 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: So when you’re upset at your child, and you lecture them, does mean you don’t support them? Is supporting simply being rainbows and sunshine all the time? Is it not okay to voice any sort of frustration? If anything you all are mimicking the Karen’s because you’re mad that people aren’t acting the way YOU think they should act. There is absolutely no difference in the way you’re acting right now than the ones your mocking in the GD forum. Honestly worse than some as you’re insulting your fellow posters, whereas most of them are just saying irrational overreactions based on emotions of the game.

This is so disingenuous, guys were calling to bench Burrow, you really need to be honest or just stop, you are embarrassing yourself now.

(12-19-2022, 08:11 AM)Wyche Wrote: Pretty much how the discord chat was.

Yep. I did leave in the second quarter since I was a minute behind in the broadcast and y'all were spoiling things for me lol

But overall Discord is a much more pleasant experience.
2nd half, people! 2nd half!

The Bengals were so considerate in the first half to let the road fans load up in the concession stands, have ample bathroom time and enjoy the atmosphere before the sun sets.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

(12-19-2022, 11:53 AM)Earendil Wrote: Yep. I did leave in the second quarter since I was a minute behind in the broadcast and y'all were spoiling things for me lol

But overall Discord is a much more pleasant experience.

Yeah, that lag in feeds can kinda ruin it for some guys. But hey, we made you look like a clairvoyant a couple of times at your place. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

(12-18-2022, 09:49 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Stop it. People are allowed to express their emotions real time. It’s one thing to show frustration down 3-0, but 17-0 when your offense looked unprepared and your defense didn’t force one punt, it’s okay as fans to show frustration. You all act like we can’t have any emotional reaction unless it’s positive.

No you're not. 3 week ban. Don't push it when you come back or it will be a permanent one.
(12-19-2022, 11:47 AM)casear2727 Wrote: I think it is stupid to say we are going to lose the game when it is 3-0 or 10-0 in the 1st quarter. You need to stop being a big baby and if you say shit own it.

No one is gatekeeping you are being fragile, no one ever said they were being personally insulted except you whining about Higgy, and reading all off your comments here he apparently was absolutely spot on.  No one said you are not a true fan. Just big babies that are not emotionally mature enough to get through the 1st quarter of an NFL game.

95% of us voiced frustration on the game thread, you other 5% have to go to the extreme and claim we are going to get blown out and lose next week.

Also, why do you think guys like Joe need you to protect him? He is fine.  Seriously, stop the fragilness over your own whiny words, it is football.

You are showing way more negative emotions in this one post than most show in the entire Gameday thread. Go take a nap.
(12-19-2022, 07:00 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Oh my gosh, people over reacting because the Bengals were playing terrible to start the game. What in the world will we ever do? Did it hurt your feelings that people were blowing off steam? Did they attack you personally?

I’m going to find it hard to believe that you’ve never had a negative over the top reaction when you shouldn’t have. Yeah it can get annoying, but unless they act like that Higgy character attacking other fans and being belligerent, then let them blow off steam and move on. You’re not the gatekeeper to peoples emotions during a game
No, they didn't hurt my feelings, as I no longer frequent the sub-forum. I was simply providing a reply to a guy that suggested others were complaining simply because folks were discussing negative aspects of the game. My reply was to illustrate that no one cares if you discuss poor play, but it was to show the "overreacting" (as you correctly defined it).

Never claimed to be a "gatekeeper" and did not start the thread. But I do provide my thoughts on most topics presented in the forum. And my thoughts are the "overreacting" make the subforum intolerable for someone who wants to watch the game and discuss it on o9ts merits.  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-19-2022, 12:43 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You are showing way more negative emotions in this one post than most show in the entire Gameday thread. Go take a nap.

Now that's a lie. Caesar loves to ***** though no doubt about it, but some of the guys in the GD thread are awful and such damn downers every single week even when we are winning. It's like one dropped pass or sack and the games over we're going to lose, same old Bengals. Serious PTDS symptoms from the 90's I reckon.

Now the one thing I hate from the GD and discord are the people that rush to the board or server to type Crap after a bad play as fast as they can. I just don't understand it. There's nothing to discuss from just saying crap. You might as well just keep such a crappy post to yourself. For the non locals it stinks in general for the guys that rush to respond as fast as they can to spoil the next play before someone 1-2 mins behind can see it, BUT that's the risk you take in joining in on a live discussion. I ask if they can delay their response by however bad my lag is and most people surprisingly help us out on discord. If they don't oh well I tried and if it really bothers me I'll just keep my eyes off of it. But it tends to only mildly annoy me.

Now Joe is one of the worst consistent debbie downer GD posters at least that I interact with and remember.

Also FYI the discord has plenty of disappointment in bad plays but none of the omg we're going to lose, this season stinks, Zac is a terrible coach etc we see in GD. It's more of a damn that sucked, lets get it together and win.

Anyways guys its online to anyone that gets driven crazy by anyone else remember you can always just not go. I will ***** if I want to but if people keep on keeping on then its whatever I can ignore it or I can go away.
(12-19-2022, 11:54 AM)Interceptor Wrote: 2nd half, people! 2nd half!

The Bengals were so considerate in the first half to let the road fans load up in the concession stands, have ample bathroom time and enjoy the atmosphere before the sun sets.

Tale of 2 halves was the theme of the week it seems and not just for us
(12-19-2022, 11:01 AM)Tony Wrote: Our GD thread is mild. You should see the chiefs and raven boards. They literally threaten each other with violence.. I don't have 1 problem with the members here.. I just overreact at the games a lot. I guess I get a little to into it. What can I say? Love my Bengals..

I read through a Bucs board yesterday and there was name-calling among posters almost every other post. There is nothing in the Bengals Board Game Day that you won't find in every other team's GD board.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
(12-18-2022, 09:43 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Then you clearly haven’t been paying attention the last two seasons. Come on, if you can’t believe in this team now you should just give up because watching sports is not for you.

Yeah, I still thought we would come back and win especially after our drive right before the half and kicking 3...

But I didn't expect us to double up on them LMAO!!! Hilarious
casear2727

There are millions of these in the 1st half.... some didnt learn any lessons vs the Chiefs (twice) last season...

FWIW that's not really all that bad..Steelers forums when the Steelers are getting there faces smashed in Hilarious Hilarious ..
So, 9 pages in and what I've learned from this thread is that the two gameday forums are like dinner tables at the holiday dinners. Discord is like the adults table, and the GD thread is like the kids table. Cool

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
The doom and gloom never bothers me. It's venting for some, and it's a coping mechanism for others. They are accepting the loss ahead of time, getting ahead of it, and if they win then great. There was one guy yesterday calling everyone morons for thinking the Bengals would win the game easy in the prediction thread and such. It was kinda weird. Dude had to be drunk.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-19-2022, 06:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The doom and gloom never bothers me.  It's venting for some, and it's a coping mechanism for others.  They are accepting the loss ahead of time, getting ahead of it,  and if they win then great.  There was one guy yesterday calling everyone morons for thinking the Bengals would win the game easy in the prediction thread and such. It was kinda weird.  Dude had to be drunk.

Must of been. I was drinking but I still thought we would win the game in the end. Brady and the Bucs didn't like getting 
embarrassed like they did by the 49ers, so they were playing like it was their SB early. We just had to weather that and 
get the ball back to the Offense so they could get a little momentum. Don't understand some fans of this team that don't
expect us to win games anymore.

Over and over again we come back in these big games because this team has mad heart and crazy fight...

Good luck to the Patriots this time of year going against this team even if we are a bit banged up.
(12-19-2022, 06:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, 9 pages in and what I've learned from this thread is that the two gameday forums are like dinner tables at the holiday dinners.  Discord is like the adults table, and the GD thread is like the kids table.  Cool

I like being the adult sitting at the kids table cause it's wayyyy more fun.

Watching them lose their damn minds after going down by 3 points is hilarious.

People were legitimately angry at bates for not intersepting a pass when making a pass defense that stoped a touchdown.  He's not a wide receiver for a reason.  Like how you gonna get mad at a guy for doing his job well just because he DIDNT get a 100+ yard pick six.

Please tell me how many safeties scored a 100 yard pick six this weekend?

Some of you need to get a hang of yourselves and act like adults.

I get being passionate about your team and being frustrated when things aren't going well but some of you say some truly stupid stuff and act like children.