Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you won the lottery what you buying?
If you won the lottery tomorrow (Let us say 50 million dollars) what are you buying right away?

For me it would be an Aston Martin DBS, and then buying a house in Fiji.

Also of course going to every Bengals game home and away as well.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
A home in Highlands, NC and a home on the Kona Coast on the Big Island of Hawaii. A Porsche 911 Carrera GTS Cabriolet for me and a Range Rover for my wife and the same for Kona. That’s a good start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'd upgrade my house to one with a much bigger yard and put in an outdoor kitchen. And I'd probably add about a half dozen guitars to my collection and another amp or two, just because I could. But for the most part, I'm less and less into things than experiences as I get older and realize I love a clean house and want more great memories. So I'd sock most of the winnings away and take two awesome trips each year, and not have to think twice about what anything would cost. Maybe one trip on the "adventure" side and one totally relaxing.

I've thought about having a couple of homes and a nicer car, but the more I think about it, the less I think I'd care when it came down to it. I've got a brother super into cars and he's never understood my mindset of utility over sportiness. But having kids and having driven some real pieces of crap over the years, I'm more than happy with my current trimmed out mid-range family SUV.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 11:33 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'd upgrade my house to one with a much bigger yard and put in an outdoor kitchen.  And I'd probably add about a half dozen guitars to my collection and another amp or two, just because I could.  But for the most part, I'm less and less into things than experiences as I get older and realize I love a clean house and want more great memories.  So I'd sock most of the winnings away and take two awesome trips each year, and not have to think twice about what anything would cost.  Maybe one trip on the "adventure" side and one totally relaxing.  

I've thought about having a couple of homes and a nicer car, but the more I think about it, the less I think I'd care when it came down to it.  I've got a brother super into cars and he's never understood my mindset of utility over sportiness.  But having kids and having driven some real pieces of crap over the years, I'm more than happy with my current trimmed out mid-range family SUV.

If you won 50 million dollars you could literally take 2 trips a month with the interest you'd make on it alone. Aim higher my friend! 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If you won 50 million dollars you could literally take 2 trips a month with the interest you'd make on it alone. Aim higher my friend! 

Nah.  I'm 36, I actually like my job and I'm pretty easy to make happy.  Two 2-week vacations a year and I'd be happy, honestly.  Right now, I get a trip (that's not to visit family) about once every 4-5 years for 1 week.  That 50 mil would be my retirement.  No need to blow it all at the start!  I'd also want to have a chunk in the end to trust to the kids to help start their lives.  I lived poor for several years after college and realized I can be pretty happy with not a lot.  If I had aspirations to quit work now I'd spend my time/money differently.  But I'd give another 15 years of work now with my 2 vacations and be a happy guy! 
Reply/Quote
Hookers.
Cocaine.
.50 caliber machine gun and a place to shoot it.
Fully restored 1960 Mercedes 300sl roadster with an LS engine swap.
More hookers
More cocaine
Reply/Quote
This is probably not the sexiest answer, but the first things I would buy are legal and financial counsel. I would move and (seriously) consider changing my name. After my immediate family is taken care of, I would buy a smart, sensible house near my family and do things like stay in Central France for a couple of months and travel Europe. J'aime la lengue Francaise. As far as flashy purchases, a turquoise and white vintage Mustang convertible would suit me fine, but I would only drive it occasionally and still have a sensible car like the one I already have as a daily driver. Yeah, I would go to the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
Pay off all my debts first.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Stocks. And debt. Then idk.
Reply/Quote
I'd probably prefer an expensive truck over an expensive car. I'd also like to get a nice camper, to just on a whim, have it there to travel or to take to some sporting events. I would travel air flight some...Hawaii, Europe, etc. Mainly though, it's about what makes you happy. I would still spend weekends watching sports on tv. I would still be out golfing. It wouldn't change who I am. I would just have better stuff and more opportunities. Investing would be a long thought out process. I'd be pretty well diversified, I can tell you that.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 01:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hookers.
Cocaine.
.50 caliber machine gun and a place to shoot it.
Fully restored 1960 Mercedes 300sl roadster with an LS engine swap.
More hookers
More cocaine

I second this with Hash added.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Paying off debts and retiring. Do some renovations to my home.
Reply/Quote
I would continue to drive my moms buick she left me when she passed. Maybe add on to the mancave and retire. That's probably it.

Reply/Quote
I'd buy a crippled mobile and deck it out.

The best sound system I could find, TVs, big fat rims.

Give my parents two million.

Give my brothers and sister two million each.

Fly to Vegas.
Reply/Quote
My freedom from the shackles of labor...
Reply/Quote
Put a new roof on my house

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_pj0fl1zc7e1rrkahjo3_500.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I have a daughter who has Aspergers, and my biggest fear is what will happen to her after her mother and I both die (we're divorced). I would put half the money in an account for her (and half would go to my son), and set it up with a large established law firm to watch the money so some slimy POS doesn't steal it. Then, I would hire an accounting firm to do a yearly audit of that law firm, and I would hire a 2nd Accounting form to audit the first audit. As it is, we put as much money in a trust as we can, but I know some ****sucker is going to try to steal it from her. Other than that, I might buy a boat and a new truck.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 12:43 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Nah.  I'm 36, I actually like my job and I'm pretty easy to make happy.  Two 2-week vacations a year and I'd be happy, honestly.  Right now, I get a trip (that's not to visit family) about once every 4-5 years for 1 week.  That 50 mil would be my retirement.  No need to blow it all at the start!  I'd also want to have a chunk in the end to trust to the kids to help start their lives.  I lived poor for several years after college and realized I can be pretty happy with not a lot.  If I had aspirations to quit work now I'd spend my time/money differently.  But I'd give another 15 years of work now with my 2 vacations and be a happy guy! 

If you invested it you could literally live off of that money returned (6% a year) without spending a dime of it. You'd make around 3 million a year off of the interest alone. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I've been through this thought process many times. It's always fun to imagine winning many lifetimes worth of money. The tricky part is once you get it will you actually do what you thought you always would. There are a lot of stories of lottery winners that crashed and burned.

So the challenge is being responsible. Once you get all that money in the bank all the "I just want a nice house and help my family," gets difficult with all the temptations. Suddenly there are not many barriers to what you can buy. Before winning maybe you thought when you got a Christmas bonus you could buy a new car. Now all of a sudden you can buy a Ferrari or even 3 of them. Then it goes on from there. Want to go to Vegas for a weekend and blow 100k? No problem. Then it goes on. Suddenly what was a valuable $100 to your before is now pocket change. The point is once you have more money it's easier to spend it relative to what you earned before. Sure it's hard to blow 50 million but others have done it.

Now as for me and my "What if" If I didn't fall into greed, I'd start a no kill dog shelter that also housed and paid homeless veterans while they learned to train service dogs for people in need. My dog saved my life. He isn't a service dog but I'm a huge advocate for service dogs that can help people especially veterans. So if I had 50 million I'd like to think I'd do that.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote