Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iloka to VIkes?
(08-22-2018, 02:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: They have similar if not worse concerns on their O line. Does that count? lol

Their oline is good. This is fake news
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 02:43 PM)Au165 Wrote: They have similar if not worse concerns on their O line. Does that count? lol

Yeah that can count lol
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 01:19 PM)thillan Wrote: Present day? The Vikes are doing what it takes. They are a serious contender. 

The Bengals are still sailing in mediocre waters, IMO.

they added to a decent defense yes... but they got rid of all 3 of their QBs from last year and replaced them with an overpriced underachieving cousins.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 02:50 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Their oline is good. This is fake news

Their oline is crap, actually.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 02:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they added to a decent defense yes... but they got rid of all 3 of their QBs from last year and replaced them with an overpriced underachieving cousins.

A decent defense? Oh come on now. That defense is built to be great. They aren't Jacksonville, but they are EXTREMELY talented. And they also have Zimmer calling for them.

I think Cousins is overpriced, but you are making it sound like he isn't a big upgrade. Cousins has constantly helped the Redskins compete when they've been devastated by injuries, and he continually produced. He's tough as hell too. They are a great team. 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 02:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Considering Sendejo is the starter and probably better on that team, Iloka will be the third S.

I definitely agree on that, I was mentioning it from a depth standpoint. Sendejo is a really good player. 
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 03:07 PM)thillan Wrote: I definitely agree on that, I was mentioning it from a depth standpoint. Sendejo is a really good player. 

For depth, he's probably the best 3rd S in the league! lol
Reply/Quote
Good for him. I don't have time to read the article, and not sure if it even mentions it, but are we still on the hook for the guaranteed money or do the Vikes pick that up?

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 03:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Their oline is crap, actually.

They were 11th in total offense. 10 th in rushing. 11th in passing went to the NFC championship game with Their back up q.b and back up rb. Either you are trolling or know something else.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 03:00 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Their oline is crap, actually.

They have suffered some injuries up front.  However, from the plays that I saw, they were opening some pretty good holes versus a stout Jaguars defense.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 02:50 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Their oline is good.   This is fake news

Half their O line is on IR...
Reply/Quote
I'm happy for Iloka to land with a solid club, and to be reunited with the coach that likely had a hand in his being drafted. He was damn good, when Nelson was roaming over the top.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 04:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm happy for Iloka to land with a solid club, and to be reunited with the coach that likely had a hand in his being drafted.  He was damn good, when Nelson was roaming over the top.

ThumbsUp  Reggie definately helped him that is for sure. Will see if Harrison Smith can do the same, hell of a player.

Sure George will look better there than he has looked here the last few seasons.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 03:47 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: They were 11th in total offense. 10 th in rushing.  11th in passing  went to the NFC championship game with Their back up q.b and back up rb. Either you are trolling or know something else.

Let's see here:

LT: Riley Reiff: Average, middle-of the pack
LG: Nick Easton: Below-average, on IR
C: Elflein: ******* terrible, arguably the worst C in the league (even worse than Bodine)
RG: Joe Berger: Best guy thus far, still not a top 10 at his position
RT: Mike Remmers: Pure garbage and hurt

So please, tell me how 2 average positions, 3 holes and 2 of them hurt, make for a good line?

The Colts under Manning were among the best for offense, yet their oline was a POS, year in, year out.

(08-22-2018, 04:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They have suffered some injuries up front.  However, from the plays that I saw, they were opening some pretty good holes versus a stout Jaguars defense.

See Au's post, below.

Even then, see my response above lol
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 05:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Let's see here:

LT: Riley Reiff: Average, middle-of the pack
LG: Nick Easton: Below-average, on IR
C: Elflein: ******* terrible, arguably the worst C in the league (even worse than Bodine)
RG: Joe Berger: Best guy thus far, still not a top 10 at his position
RT: Mike Remmers: Pure garbage and hurt

So please, tell me how 2 average positions, 3 holes and 2 of them hurt, make for a good line?

The Colts under Manning were among the best for offense, yet their oline was a POS, year in, year out.

See Au's post, below.

Even then, see my response above lol

Way to back up your statement by opinions and not facts.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 05:37 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Way to back up your statement by opinions and not facts.

Like your post that's swimming in facts?

And yes, mine is rooted in fact.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 05:43 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Like your post that's swimming in facts?

And yes, mine is rooted in fact.

I gave you their team rankings. You gave nothing but opinions. Carry on
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 01:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: They haven’t won shit. So again, no they haven’t done “whatever it takes to win it all.” They haven’t even been to a SB since 1976.

They might win some playoff games here and there, but they’re almost as used to heartbreak as we are.

I would say they are every bit as used to heartache as we are.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Signing Cousins was a prime example of going all in to try and win. Their QB play was 'good' last year but Keenum probably played over his normal abilities. They realized if they got Cousins he would be the perfect QB given how strong their D is - did they overpay? Yes. But they likely felt they were a better QB away form really challenging for a SB. Remember when Mikey used to say 'if we were a player or two away we would go get them', yah right.

The Vikings are the other team I follow and they have had a lot of ups and downs but their D is very good and they are doing the right things to WIN not to just Compete. There is a large difference between those two. Mikey is fine competing and if winning happens well that is good too. He has never and will never go the extra steps to win a SB. On the other Bengals forum (the site has now been down for weeks) I advocating drafting a QB the last 3 years and re-signing both Zeitler and Whitworth. Our OL without those two was of course a complete fail and I simply dont think Dalton can play in big games. If it was my team and i REALLY wanted to win I would not be doing what Mikey does.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Kirk Cousins is criminally underrated.

Cousins has thrown for at least 4000 yds and 25 tds each of the last three years. Over that span he ranks 3rd in completion percentage, 4th in passing yards, 4th in yards per attempt, and 6th in passer rating.

And he had weaker run game support than Dalton. Over the last 3 years the Redskins ranked 28th in rushing yards and 27th in yards per carry.
Reply/Quote