Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iloka to VIkes?
(08-22-2018, 07:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Kirk Cousins is criminally underrated.

Cousins has thrown for at least 4000 yds and 25 tds each of the last three years.  Over that span he ranks 3rd in completion percentage, 4th in passing yards, 4th in yards per attempt, and 6th in passer rating.

And he had weaker run game support than Dalton.  Over the last 3 years the Redskins ranked 28th in rushing yards and 27th in yards per carry.

I agree, that was a great pick up by the Vikes.

Bet he does even better in Minny with a running game and those weapons. I liked Keenum last year but Cousins
is much better in pretty much all aspects. His problem is the O-line is so banged up as others have spoken of.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 04:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm happy for Iloka to land with a solid club, and to be reunited with the coach that likely had a hand in his being drafted.  He was damn good, when Nelson was roaming over the top.

Agreed. George seems like a good guy and Minny is a good spot for him.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 08:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Agreed. George seems like a good guy and Minny is a good spot for him.

If you're a Bengal who gets cut, at least there's a good chance you'll have a job with the Vikings if you plays defense and the Pats if you play offense.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 02:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: He never said they HAVE DONE, he said they are WILLING TO

Reading comprehension and context is important.

Do you think the Bengals and Vikings run the same? That the Vikings make similar free agency and draft moves as the Bengals? Personnel? Coach signings and firings?

Reading comprehension? Really? What exactly was the point of his post then since I was so off? Because to me it seemed like he was touting the Vikings as some model franchise that’s had great success. They haven’t. But by all means let’s keep quibbling over semantics.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 02:49 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: They signed the top rated quarterback in free agency. Quarterback. The Bengals only get to sign a mediocre free agent when that player has any ties to the city of coaching staff. This year it’s Lb Brown. Vikings are legit n will battle it out in the NFC again. Meanwhile the Bengals will go between 5-11 n 8-8. Wouldn’t mind seeing 3-13 as that would end the Marvin Lewis era and a new better quarterback would be sought.

Meh, Cousins isn’t even that much better than Dalton.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 06:34 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Signing Cousins was a prime example of going all in to try and win. Their QB play was 'good' last year but Keenum probably played over his normal abilities. They realized if they got Cousins he would be the perfect QB given how strong their D is - did they overpay? Yes. But they likely felt they were a better QB away form really challenging for a SB. Remember when Mikey used to say 'if we were a player or two away we would go get them', yah right.

The Vikings are the other team I follow and they have had a lot of ups and downs but their D is very good and they are doing the right things to WIN not to just Compete. There is a large difference between those two. Mikey is fine competing and if winning happens well that is good too. He has never and will never go the extra steps to win a SB. On the other Bengals forum (the site has now been down for weeks) I advocating drafting a QB the last 3 years and re-signing both Zeitler and Whitworth. Our OL without those two was of course a complete fail and I simply dont think Dalton can play in big games. If it was my team and i REALLY wanted to win I would not be doing what Mikey does.

Didn't I hear something about Cousins looking awful in the preseason?

To me, they had a certain mojo going last year and the QB was a huge part of that.  Then for some reason, they went and messed with the mojo.  You don't mess with the mojo.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Thinking about it a little more, wasn't he supposed to go to Buffalo?
Reply/Quote
Iloka is already getting far more recognition and props from the National media then he ever did as a Bengal. He'll be in the probowl after this season.

Maybe it's best he was released. For his career sake.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Vikings have won exactly the same amount of Super Bowls as we have. So no, they haven’t done what it takes to win it all.

He did say "willing to do"
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 11:27 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: He did say "willing to do"

If they win it all in the near future I guess he’ll have been right.

I’m just getting a little annoyed with all the Vikings love on this board anymore tbh. I liked Zimmer as much as the next guy, but it seems some have really adopted that team as their own, which I just could never do. I root for one team, and one team only, the Cincinnati Bengals. Other than rooting for whoever is playing the Steelers I couldn’t care less about other teams.

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 12:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If they win it all in the near future I guess he’ll have been right.

I’m just getting a little annoyed with all the Vikings love on this board anymore tbh. I liked Zimmer as much as the next guy, but it seems some have really adopted that team as their own, which I just could never do. I root for one team, and one team only, the Cincinnati Bengals. Other than rooting for whoever is playing the Steelers I couldn’t care less about other teams.

Same here..once a player or coach leaves the  Bengals they could fall off the edge of the earth and I won't blink an eye for them..  That's not to say anyone deserves to fall off the proverbial edge of the earth, but if they do then oh well..shoulda stayed with the Bengals forever and ever and ever and ever and  ......lol
I just don't get my morning hardons for other teams just because of fan favorites . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-22-2018, 02:49 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: They signed the top rated quarterback in free agency.  Quarterback.  The Bengals only get to sign a mediocre free agent when that player has any ties to the city of coaching staff.  This year it’s Lb Brown.   Vikings are legit n will battle it out in the NFC again.  Meanwhile the Bengals will go between 5-11 n 8-8.  Wouldn’t mind seeing 3-13 as that would end the Marvin Lewis era and a new better quarterback would be sought.

Definitely not what I am rooting for this season. 

To each their own though. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 01:15 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Definitely not what I am rooting for this season. 

To each their own though. 

It wouldn’t do anything anyway. Marvin has a 2 year deal, and he’s survived 4 win seasons before.

We could probably go 0-16 and Marvin would be back. Have to hope we can just win despite him.

Reply/Quote
just can not pull for Bengals to lose.

Sorry

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
In Cincy Iloka was set to make almost 6 million this year. The Vikes signed him for almost 800k and a 90k signing bonus...That's a huge difference.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 12:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If they win it all in the near future I guess he’ll have been right.

It's not a marriage. I have been a Bengals fan since they were formed, but there is nothing wrong with having another team you pull for. I was also a Tampa Bay fan when Mike Alstott was running the rock there, and I am now following the Vikings since Zim and Bridgewater went there. Nothing wrong with it, my 1st and always favorite is the Bengals, but I can multi-task and pull for other teams as well.....
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 01:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not a marriage. I have been a Bengals fan since they were formed, but there is nothing wrong with having another team you pull for. I was also a Tampa Bay fan when Mike Alstott was running the rock there, and I am now following the Vikings since Zim and Bridgewater went there. Nothing wrong with it, my 1st and always favorite is the Bengals, but I can multi-task and pull for other teams as well.....

Fair enough. I probably shouldn’t even have clicked on this thread as I knew it would be full of gushing over the Vikings. Partially my fault. Although this is Jungle Noise...

Reply/Quote

I agree i have only one team but i love football and once my team is out like we always are i have to find a team
to root for to keep on going, that team is the Vikes, maybe the Pack in the NFC. I like the Bills since they took
Bodine off our shoulders and gave us Glenn.

Always root for any team that plays the Stool.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2018, 03:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree i have only one team but i love football and once my team is out like we always are i have to find a team
to root for to keep on going, that team is the Vikes, maybe the Pack in the NFC. I like the Bills since they took
Bodine off our shoulders and gave us Glenn.

Always root for any team that plays the Stool.

Same boat here. Can’t get disinterested once your team is done or sometimes it can be a very short season.

Reply/Quote
I find myself rooting for the Vikings n packers sometimes. And anyone playing the Steelers.
Reply/Quote