Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Im gonna get slammed..Id consider trading Geno.
coming off another non playoff season, this franchise needs another top 32 pick in the worst way.
The player at 12 that we draft hopefully is starter day 1.
but thanks to the huge draft blunder by the front office on whiffing on Fisher and Oguebhi...we have no cornerstones or impact players from that draft.
The Bengals need another 1st RD pick.
what asset on this team can deliver the Bengals another 1st RD pick and it wont really impact the overall scheme?

Geno Atkins. look at his body of work in 2018.
1st 8 games 40 tackles 6 sacks.
last 8. 27 tackles 4 sacks,but 3 came vs Oakland.
He failed to show up in all AFC North losses.
did very little.
Geno is a future HOF. but lets not give a pass cause of his 2011 2017 years.
Christian Ringo came in and maybe on per snap basis was not that
far off from Atkins.
big time players show up in big time games.
he faded down the stretch.
did he get doubled...yep....and in the past hes beat double teams.
in 2018..not so much.
I dont think hes untouchable.
Reply/Quote
Are you insane? Trade a player who is arguable the #2 Defensive tackle in the league, for an unknown draft pick who may or may not hit? Brilliant!!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: coming off another non playoff season, this franchise needs another top 32 pick in the worst way.
but thanks to the huge draft blunder by the front office on whiffing on Fisher and Oguebhi...we have no cornerstones or impact players from that draft.
what asset on this team can deliver the Bengals another 1st RD pick and it wont really impact the overall scheme?

Geno Atkins.  look at his body of work in 2018.
did very little.
far off from Atkins.
in 2018..not so much.

No one is untouchable but the way your post reads.. we would be lucky to get a 3rd round pick for him.. Lets say I am the coach of another team and I come to my GM and say lets try to get Geno Atkins  and give up our 1st round pick and then the GM states all what you just stated about Geno's play.. why would they even consider a 1st round pick for Geno.   Finally i don;t think it is smart to make either side of the ball weaker in a trade right now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
There's just so very many ways this thing can go new HC/restructure wise I wouldn't put anything off the table. If it's an inside guy I doubt there's much change. If it's an outside guy what's his plan ? He'll need both a short and long term plan. And you've got to sell it to the players.

Having said that Geno is on the very bottom of my trade list !
Reply/Quote
If the offer was right Id be open to trading most anyone on the roster. No reason anyone should be safe, esp with a new coach coming in.

Early cuts/traded/dropped should include:

Vontaze
Dre K
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
I believe we should trade our 1st (even our next couple of firsts) for one or two (or more) impact players now.

If there was ever a time to trade draft picks and/or be aggressive in free agency, it’s now!!
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Remember what I told you yesterday about inserting your foot in your mouth, IP?

Yeah...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I want to see at least a couple Bengals greats actually retire Bengals, and go out on good terms. Hopefully Geno and AJ.

Definitely wouldn’t trade him for picks that are a total crapshoot. It would have to be for another elite player(s).

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: coming off another non playoff season, this franchise needs another top 32 pick in the worst way.

Geno Atkins.  look at his body of work in 2018.
did very little.
far off from Atkins.
in 2018..not so much.

trading a proven commodity for a gamble at a draft pick isn't smart business.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:31 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you insane? Trade a player who is arguable the #2 Defensive tackle in the league, for an unknown draft pick who may or may not hit? Brilliant!!!!

what did the #2 DT do in the last 8 games when the Bengals were 5 and 3 at the halfway point.?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: what did the #2 DT do in the last 8 games when the Bengals were 5 and 3 at the halfway point.?

He disappeared a lot this season but that doesn’t mean we should trade him. Put some actual NFL caliber LB’s behind him, and a competent DC and I’ll bet he’ll be much more consistent again.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 12:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: what did the #2 DT do in the last 8 games when the Bengals were 5 and 3 at the halfway point.?

more than some unknown draft pick that didn't play and may not pan out...
Reply/Quote
You aren't getting a 1st for Geno at this point with his contract and his age. I think people get way too optimistic about how quickly teams will give their 1st round picks away.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 01:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He disappeared a lot this season but that doesn’t mean we should trade him. Put some actual NFL caliber LB’s behind him, and a competent DC and I’ll bet he’ll be much more consistent again.

The defense was in shambles for the bulk of the season. When you've got one very weak link it's hard to make up for it. When you've got 3 or 4 or 5 it's impossible !

MJ as one example was nearly a complete non-factor on the bulk of his plays. Opposing offenses know this and can slide the protection away from him because a RB or TE is all MJ requires. It's the domino effect.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 01:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: You aren't getting a 1st for Geno at this point with his contract and his age. I think people get way too optimistic about how quickly teams will give their 1st round picks away.

Indeed,

Especially the top 1/2 of the 1st, it takes a pretty sweet offer and a team that has serious needs or is in a major rebuild.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 01:03 PM)Au165 Wrote: You aren't getting a 1st for Geno at this point with his contract and his age. I think people get way too optimistic about how quickly teams will give their 1st round picks away.

Haven't you paid attention to how trades work now? Fan A wants to trade teams worst player(s) in exchange for the moon, stars and sun and no other team can ever refuse. I'd like to have a dime for every proposed fan trade that consisted of trading our worst players for another teams super stars..  Forget trading our best players. It's our worst players where all the gold is.  Hilarious

What? You don't think Cedric Ogbuihi is worth the moon, stars and the sun?  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Not sure what value you get out of this. If you want to propose a big splash with real value trade AJ. Atleast that way you’re unloading a lot of cap space and you have a guy in boyd that can step up and be the guy. You could then afford a high end free agent to fill a gap somewhere else.
Reply/Quote

It depends on who you are trading to. I think a team that is desperate for a pass rush who feels like their in contention for a championship would make the trade in a heartbeat.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 01:40 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: It depends on who you are trading to. I think a team that is desperate for a pass rush who feels like their in contention for a championship would make the trade in a heartbeat.

No, not really. Teams don't trade a 1st round pick for a 31 year old player with a brand new 4 year contract that is 15$ million dollars a year deal, that is unless they are a QB. The thought is Suh will be an FA in the offseason, why would a team trade a 1st for Geno when they can probably pay Suh the same thing and keep the 1st? Suh may not be as good, he is pretty good, but Suh plus the 1st is. 
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2019, 01:47 PM)Au165 Wrote: No, not really. Teams don't trade a 1st round pick for a 31 year old player with a brand new 4 year contract that is 15$ million dollars a year deal, that is unless they are a QB. The thought is Suh will be an FA in the offseason, why would a team trade a 1st for Geno when they can probably pay Suh the same thing and keep the 1st? Suh may not be as good, he is pretty good, but Suh plus the 1st is. 
Because Geno is alot better than what is out on the market and a proven commodity. Your telling me a team that feels there one or two peices away from a championship wouldn't consider it.
If Geno Hit the open market he would be getting  close to what Aaron Donald is making the deal he signed is a bargain for the player he is as well. The contract wouldn't be that tough for a team to accept.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote