Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Impeachment Hearings

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Nunes and the GOP are now arguing that Trump was concerned about the "bad" things people in the Ukraine said about him and that they were siding with Clinton so it was okay for him to do what he did.

In other words DJT's motivation was politically & personally motivated.

And they think this is a "good" defense?
(11-13-2019, 03:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Nunes and the GOP are now arguing that Trump was concerned about the "bad" things people in the Ukraine said about him and that they were siding with Clinton so it was okay for him to do what he did.

In other words DJT's motivation was politically & personally motivated.

And they think this is a "good" defense?

From what I am seeing on Twitter, the GOP team isn't doing a great job. I'm sure it will play well for their base, but when it comes to the ones the parties are trying to sway it won't work out too well.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-13-2019, 03:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: From what I am seeing on Twitter, the GOP team isn't doing a great job. I'm sure it will play well for their base, but when it comes to the ones the parties are trying to sway it won't work out too well.

I'll admit I'm biased (a bit  Mellow) against Nunes, but he came off bad.
Current guy is talking about Hunter Biden now.
(11-13-2019, 03:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'll admit I'm biased (a bit  Mellow) against Nunes, but he came off bad.

I, unfortunately, cannot watch or listen to the hearings as I am at a conference in Norfolk. I am currently in a session listening to the Deputy State Comptroller discuss updates with the Department of Accounts.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(11-13-2019, 03:10 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: From what I am seeing on Twitter, the GOP team isn't doing a great job. I'm sure it will play well for their base, but when it comes to the ones the parties are trying to sway it won't work out too well.

Don't get my hopes up like that man. Don't you do it.  Ninja
(11-13-2019, 03:15 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I, unfortunately, cannot watch or listen to the hearings as I am at a conference in Norfolk. I am currently in a session listening to the Deputy State Comptroller discuss updates with the Department of Accounts.

Blink twice if you are in danger. 
(11-13-2019, 03:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Don't get my hopes up like that man. Don't you do it.  Ninja

The GOP questioner is now investigating Hunter Biden.  This, they believe, is proof that Trump was ok asking about it in exchange for the funds.
(11-13-2019, 03:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Blink twice if you are in danger. 

The only danger I am in is of falling asleep and loudly snoring in the middle of the presentation.

Jim Jordan got his seven minutes...and (coatless) acted the fool.
Jordan just (essentially) said everything Taylor said is true.  But he tried to make it sound like it's too confusing for him to understand so Taylor must have misunderstood.  Meanwhile Taylor ends by saying that Volkers updated statement agrees with what he already said.

I'd suggest Jordan hit the showers but, well, you know....
Jim Jordan must have hated playing Telephone as a kid.
So if a Democrat says something stupid (I know highly unlikely) are we going to get updates with tweets? (Just messing, Dino.)
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-13-2019, 03:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So if a Democrat says something stupid (I know highly unlikely) are we going to get updates with tweets? (Just messing, Dino.)

You could simply assert that the dumb republican tweets get shared because liberals all home sitting on their welfare butts while dumb democrat tweets don't get shared because republicans are all out at work making dollars and creating jobs.  That is an easy enough narrative to spin.
(11-13-2019, 03:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So if a Democrat says something stupid (I know highly unlikely) are we going to get updates with tweets? (Just messing, Dino.)

Indeed!

Nunes and Jordan are low hanging fruit.  But in all honesty there hasn't been much of a defense of Trump yet.
(11-13-2019, 04:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You could simply assert that the dumb republican tweets get shared because liberals all home sitting on their welfare butts while dumb democrat tweets don't get shared because republicans are all out at work making dollars and creating jobs.  That is an easy enough narrative to spin.

Truth brother.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall