Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Impeachment Hearings
(11-13-2019, 04:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: Indeed!

Nunes and Jordan are low hanging fruit.  But in all honesty there hasn't been much of a defense of Trump yet.

Well this is like the grand jury.  You don't get much of a defense anyway.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Ignore what you heard!

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
He paid the money after the attempted bribery got out isn't a defense and spells trouble for Trump as Nunes and Jordan focus on the "he was caught and wasn't able to carry out the crime" defense is embarrassingly bad.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(11-13-2019, 04:07 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well this is like the grand jury.  You don't get much of a defense anyway.  

But it's not a grand jury and they could actually try and use facts or anything really.  Instead we have been given exactly what they said before the public hearings: They don't believe that Trump did anything wrong.  That's it.  What everyone else heard, saw, said, doesn't matter because, eh, maybe they're wrong.
(11-13-2019, 04:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You could simply assert that the dumb republican tweets get shared because liberals all home sitting on their welfare butts while dumb democrat tweets don't get shared because republicans are all out at work making dollars and creating jobs.  That is an easy enough narrative to spin.

I'm at work.   Smirk

The boss is out of town but truthfully I'd be listening and posting even if he were here.  

So #fakenews.   Mellow
(11-13-2019, 04:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Truth brother.

I'm not sure i'd use the T-word when talking about political spin jobs.
It's Obamas fault! The final card is played.

Ratcliffe loves saying "no corruption" with no qualifiers haha.
(11-13-2019, 04:15 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm at work.   Smirk

The boss is out of town but truthfully I'd be listening and posting even if he were here.  

So #fakenews.   Mellow

I didn't say it was a TRUE statement, I just said it was something Team Trump can say.  When I think of this is remember when Trump's inauguration had a smaller crowd than Obama's and the right-wing response was that it was a good sign Trump's supporters were too busy working to be there...then Trump made sure to tweet out that there were WAY MORE PEOPLE THERE than at the Obama inauguration. 

Whoops!
So much for blaming Obama...

The latest argument is that Biden is not above the law so it's okay for Trump to ask about investigating him.

It ignores the quid pro quo point of asking for it by Trump.
Excellent point. The hearsay argument is bad because those who spoke to the POTUS directly and can clear him aren't allowed to testify. Blocked by the Administration.

Now why wouldn't Trump allow these people to testify if they were to clear him?

Token Republican woman repeats what another Republican already established in regards to Obama's non-lethal aid vs Trump's lethal aid.
(11-13-2019, 04:30 PM)jj22 Wrote: Excellent point. The hearsay argument is bad because those who spoke to the POTUS directly and can clear him aren't allowed to testify. Blocked by the Administration.

Now why wouldn't Trump allow these people to testify if they were to clear him?

It was a good move.
Should have seen the Obama deflection coming. But even it's a bad one as even the audience chuckled when Schiff reminded them that was 2012.

(11-13-2019, 04:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: But it's not a grand jury and they could actually try and use facts or anything really.  Instead we have been given exactly what they said before the public hearings: They don't believe that Trump did anything wrong.  That's it.  What everyone else heard, saw, said, doesn't matter because, eh, maybe they're wrong.

I was being a bit facetious.

Plus if he's as dead to rights as I'm hearing, what defense is there?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(11-13-2019, 04:48 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I was being a bit facetious.

Ah.  Missed that.  lol.  Sorry.
Why was Ratcliffe trying to talk to other congressmen? haha
(11-13-2019, 04:59 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Why was Ratcliffe trying to talk to other congressmen? haha

My best guess is that because none of the GOP had mentioned the whistleblower in a few hours.
Does Jim Jordan have a question or is this the monologue portion of the hearing?