Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Impeachment Hearings
Jordan didn't have a single question in his 5 minute speech. Then Welch comes in and immediately zings him, basically making Jordan's entire monologue pointless XD.
(11-13-2019, 05:07 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Does Jim Jordan have a question or is this the monologue portion of the hearing?

This is why they put a man who looked the other way during a sexual assault under his watch on the the committee...he can ignore everything and just lie.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Just an historical reminder:

5 Democrats voted for any articles of impeachment.

Of the four articles, only two passed due to large numbers of Republicans voting against the other two.

0 Democrats voted guilty.
10 Republicans voted not guilty on count one.
5 Republicans voted not guilty on count two.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-13-2019, 05:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Just an historical reminder:

5 Democrats voted for any articles of impeachment.

Of the four articles, only two passed due to large numbers of Republicans voting against the other two.

0 Democrats voted guilty.
10 Republicans voted not guilty on count one.
5 Republicans voted not guilty on count two.

Which time?
(11-13-2019, 05:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: Which time?

Sorry.  Clinton

Oh and if I was reading correctly, I believe they were actually counts one and three of the Houses articles.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

A moment of levity....and a pretty good burn.

(11-13-2019, 05:10 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Jordan didn't have a single question in his 5 minute speech. Then Welch comes in and immediately zings him, basically making Jordan's entire monologue pointless XD.

It was a good zing too.

I can't believe they're still using "If it wasn't for the whistleblower, we wouldn't be talking about any of this" after all of the corroboration, including corroboration from the White House... 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(11-13-2019, 07:22 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It was a good zing too.

I can't believe they're still using "If it wasn't for the whistleblower, we wouldn't be talking about any of this" after all of the corroboration, including corroboration from the White House... 

I guess you go with what you got.

Me personally, I wouldn’t feel the need to defend the president. I would ask questions to ascertain the truth, but I’m not making it my job to defend the president. It’s set up as the Dems are the prosecutor and republicans the defense but president t really shouldn’t be. I wonder the there were any exculpatory evidence if the Dems would produce it.

(11-13-2019, 08:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I guess you go with what you got.

Me personally, I wouldn’t feel the need to defend the president. I would ask questions to ascertain the truth, but I’m not making it my job to defend the president.  It’s set up as the Dems are the prosecutor and republicans the defense but president t really shouldn’t be. I wonder the there were any  exculpatory evidence if the Dems would produce it.

I don't know, but if there were, the Republicans would have the means to produce it. The reality is there's no evidence that can clear Trump. What was done is known and it this point more people are telling us what we already knew.

It's now a debate about whether or not it's an impeachable act to withhold aid in exchange for campaign favors. 

(11-13-2019, 09:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's now a debate about whether or not it's an impeachable act to [illegally] withhold aid [immediately needed by an ally whose self defense is in the US national interest and whose defenders are dying on the ground] in exchange for campaign favors [which would require govt. officials to act corruptly in a state US policy has been trying (again, in the US national interest)to clear of corruption]

You left out a couple words, Bpat. Hope you don't mind if I fill them in.
(11-13-2019, 11:24 PM)Dill Wrote: You left out a couple words, Bpat. Hope you don't mind if I fill them in.

It's an impeachable offense even without the added notes. 

Damn. I didn't get to watch today. But these recaps...

If you can honestly look at the character of the men who testified today and disregard their concerns without even hearing them... You are UN-AMERICAN!!

If you are buying what Jock Strap Jim and Numb Nuts Nunes are selling, Trump has a bridge to sell you.
(11-14-2019, 12:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Damn. I didn't get to watch today. But these recaps...

If you can honestly look at the character of the men who testified today and disregard their concerns without even hearing them... You are UN-AMERICAN!!  

If you are buying what Jock Strap Jim and Numb Nuts Nunes are selling, Trump has a bridge to sell you.

Yeah but did you see HOW MUCH WATER HE DRANK?!?!?

Clearly this is a witch hunt!   Ninja
I wonder if they will Impeach Obama now?

I used to really enjoy listening to Limbaugh during the Clinton years.  He was funny, entertaining.

Now he's just a broken record and cranky old man.

He never DID like "pointy headed intellectuals" becuase, well, they're smarter than him.

(11-13-2019, 11:30 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It's an impeachable offense even without the added notes. 

YOU don't need the notes. But not everyone agrees that shaking down a "little" country is all that bad.

Fox and friends are doing their best to detach the shakedown from its legal and policy implications, not to mention its effect on human lives and the balance of forces in Eastern Europe.

If the police chief in Baltimore were a Republican, charged with extorting protection from one little pizza joint on the edge of town, Fox and Rush
would defend him by claiming it was a SMALL business and no one knows where it is anyway.  And the whole case rests on an anonymous whistleblower who heard about a memo of one little phone call to the owner making clear the chief expected a favor in return for protection, and words "bribery" and "extortion" were never used.

And so it turns out the memo exists, but the pizza place owner, still in desperate need of protection, says he is unaware of any favor mentioned in a phone call.  And City governments do this all the time anyway. The whole thing is a witch hunt to get corrupt Democrats back in control of the police force.  More heresay about how patrols in that neighborhood were cancelled, followed by break-ins at the pizza joint, doesn't change the fact we still don't know who the whistleblower is.

(11-14-2019, 12:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Damn. I didn't get to watch today. But these recaps...

It's a tremendous bridge. 
Some people say it's the best bridge ever.
(11-14-2019, 02:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's a tremendous bridge. 
Some people say it's the best bridge ever.
LMAO Hilarious Hilarious
Sooooo....what happened today?