Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Impeachment Hearings
(02-12-2020, 02:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now back to 2016 midterm election and popular vote and control of the house. Where did I miss Trump being removed again? You got some explainin to do. I'll wait.

You missed it in make believe land because I never said anything about it.

You were claiming that our democracy was "over".  That means voters don't have any control.

I say we still have a Democracy.  Voters still have power.  I am just not a big enough drama queen to claim that democracy is "over" just because I don't like the guy who is currently in power.
(02-12-2020, 03:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: Now can anyone else explain to me what Republicans winning the House in 2016 has to do with anything?

Hilarious 

Thanks for showing your level of expertise on this issue.  I am assuming you are saying that the Republicans took control of the House because Trump can do whatever he wants, correct?
(02-12-2020, 06:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hilarious 

Thanks for showing your level of expertise on this issue.  I am assuming you are saying that the Republicans took control of the House because Trump can do whatever he wants, correct?

No, I'm wondering where you were going with the popular vote then pointing to the house results of 2016? Neither led to Trumps removal or stopped him from being elected.... You might want to reread your response to my initial post. I personally don't think you are making much sense as you try to slam me. But I'm trying to be nice about it but it's nothing worse then someone being wrong and telling you to educate yourself so I'm trying to give you the benefit of doubt here.

As far as the above, I never said that. I said they've shredded the constitution by deeming a POTUS above the law. Which is what our founders feared most and effectively ends our Democracy.

Now you see him acting like a Dictator by having the DOJ do his dirty work, and treat those who speak out (the truth) punished as if they lived in NK (Vindman). Trumps always wanted to be a Dictator. This move away from a Democracy has been in the works the last 3 years.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(02-12-2020, 02:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Lighten up drama queen.  People still have the right to vote.  If the "dictator" really destroys the good life for voters then he/she will be removed by popular vote.

"He or she will be removed by popular vote".

Please explain? That's all I'm asking. You (and only you are educated enough) seem to know a way to get removed by popular vote.....

Trump lost the popular vote....

(02-12-2020, 02:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course you don't.  Here is a suggestion.  Do some research on the results of the 2016 midterm elections and the control of the House of Representatives.

Educate yourself.

When I asked and anyone can follow from the prior page about how he can be removed by popular vote this is what I got.

"do some research on the results of the 2016 midterm elections and control of the House of Representatives"..... Educate yourself.

I am truly trying but nothing is pointing to anything you are saying.

(02-12-2020, 06:31 PM)jj22 Wrote: When I asked and anyone can follow from the prior page about how he can be removed by popular vote this is what I got.

"do some research on the results of the 2016 midterm elections and control of the House of Representatives"..... Educate yourself.

I am truly trying but nothing is pointing to anything you are saying.

Sorry.  I thought you would be able to understand.

If Democrats can vote Republicans out of control of the House of Representatives then they can also vote Trump out of the White House in the upcoming election.

When voters can remove elected officials by electing someone else then democracy is not dead.

Did not realize it was that complicated, but I hope you get it now.
I don't, because as we saw in 2016 voters can be manipulated by a President/Party that allows for other countries to interfere in our elections or by a President with absolute power to silence any critics and control state run media. To this Trump supporters and Republican voters still don't know what was real Hillary news from Fake News pushed by the Russians. You still hear them attack Hillary over what has long been deemed fake news and Russian propaganda (as we see with Republicans using Russian propaganda in the Impeachment Hearings). So again, voters fail (even if they can vote) when Democracy is under attack.

Save the voting spill for places like Iran, NK, and Russia who prove your theory wrong (if you want to ignore what happened in 2016).

For sake of correction I have been calling the "2018 midterm elections" the "2016 midterm elections".

2018 is when Dems took control of the House not 2016.
Geraldo got Trump to admit that he sent Rudy to Ukraine, something he denied during the impeachment proceedings.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/13/politics/trump-rudy-giuliani-ukraine-interview/index.html

This is why he never testified. He would have incriminated himself.

In related news, Susan Collins refused to answer questions from a reporter on whether or not Trump's actions this week shows that he "learned a lesson", something she said impeachment would make him do. She instead claimed she didn't know what actions they were talking about.

In addition to retaliation against people who testified and directing the DOJ to help his friends, Trump said that the only lesson he learned was that "Democrats are crooked".

Collins was not the only Republican who said Trump would learn a lesson from all of this.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-14-2020, 12:24 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Geraldo got Trump to admit that he sent Rudy to Ukraine, something he denied during the impeachment proceedings.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/13/politics/trump-rudy-giuliani-ukraine-interview/index.html

This is why he never testified. He would have incriminated himself.

In related news, Susan Collins refused to answer questions from a reporter on whether or not Trump's actions this week shows that he "learned a lesson", something she said impeachment would make him do. She instead claimed she didn't know what actions they were talking about.

In addition to retaliation against people who testified and directing the DOJ to help his friends, Trump said that the only lesson he learned was that "Democrats are crooked".

Collins was not the only Republican who said Trump would learn a lesson from all of this.

I continue to be disappointed with my friends on the right who claim this was all fake and a sham and a witch hunt and then just ignore the POTUS admitting to the truth.

This isn't a "both sides do it".  This isn't "we're too divided".  This is the republican party willfully emboldening a liar and a criminal who is also the President of the United States.

It is sad and a little bit scary.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-14-2020, 10:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: I continue to be disappointed with my friends on the right who claim this was all fake and a sham and a witch hunt and then just ignore the POTUS admitting to the truth.

This isn't a "both sides do it".  This isn't "we're too divided".  This is the republican party willfully emboldening a liar and a criminal who is also the President of the United States.

Imagine how stupid we'd look if we just said "It's a hoax, why aren't we talking about [insert conspiracy theory]?" every time something happened and there was evidence of it.

And yet, that what the low information voters do. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(02-14-2020, 11:07 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Imagine how stupid we'd look if we just said "It's a hoax, why aren't we talking about [insert conspiracy theory]?" every time something happened and there was evidence of it.

And yet, that what the low information voters do. 

And mind you Geraldo has been on Twitter vehemently defending Trump and his actions.

Nonetheless if whoever is the opponent doesn't start every debate off with listing all of Trump's lies and cons I don't know what to do.

(02-14-2020, 10:37 AM)GMDino Wrote: I continue to be disappointed with my friends on the right who claim this was all fake and a sham and a witch hunt and then just ignore the POTUS admitting to the truth.

Looks like you've been avoiding your nightly dose of Hannity/Laura/Tucker. 

The DemocRAT assault on Trump and family lost big last week.

Trump has a right to have people working under him who share his vision and policy goals, same as every president. If the president wants to send his private lawyer to deal with Ukraine and the EU that is his prerogative. How to fight corruption in the Ukraine is his decision--not some ambassador's or even the State Department's.  Apparently A LOT has been uncovered about Biden and the Ukraine disruption of the 2016 elections, and we'll be hearing about it soon. The hammer is coming down on the instigators of the Russia Hoax as well, them and their falsified FISA warrants. Soon.  "Soon" all the way to the election.

After this most recent purge, no DEEPSTATE DEMOCRATS remain to sabotage Trump's agenda, flagging every little broken law.
Trump has a right to send whom he wants to Ukraine to fight corruption involving Trump's political opponents. So Go Rudy!

Why would the Ukraine offer a cabinet position to this Vindman guy?  Obvious they see him representing their interests more than the US. Good riddance.  Ringing cheers as he was perp-walked out of the building. Those that remain are behind the president now. If they overhear another quid pro quo between Trump and world leaders, WE won't be hearing about it. Finally some respect for presidential privilege.

President needs to pardon Stone now, rather than let DEEPSTATERS ruin a good supporter's life like they did Manafort. Get Treasury after Schiff and Pelosi and all the other witchhunters. Journalists too. Barr can fix it all, or most of it. 10 times more powerful than Cohen was. Trump's Roy Cohn finally, sans the vulgarity.
At this point Trump supporters/defenders know he's needed help by foreign countries to win elections. They think that's "winning". While the rest of us think it's lame and an assault on our Democracy.

Also he's so emboldened by his new found power, he sees no need to lie about it. And folks still think there's a constitution? There is no constitution when the POTUS is given absolute power. A constitution and all it's articles that a POTUS can now ignore was just proven useless, and the effects will be felt from here on out. Sooner people figure this out sooner they'll understand the moment in history we are witnessing.

#snark

(02-19-2020, 10:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: #snark

Now the left can't even be happy for affordable housing.  Hilarious

If Kentucky receives Dept of Energy funds to promote renewable energy, there's going to be war!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-19-2020, 12:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Now the left can't even be happy for affordable housing.  Hilarious

If Kentucky receives Dept of Energy funds to promote renewable energy, there's going to be war!

I assume that's sarcasm.

Otherwise that would be "fine" to come in and say we should "give Trump credit" for doing something good...even if he did it only as a bribe to keep from being impeached.  Smirk
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-offered-assange-pardon-if-he-covered-up-russian-hack-court-hears?via=twitter_page

(02-19-2020, 02:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-offered-assange-pardon-if-he-covered-up-russian-hack-court-hears?via=twitter_page

Wow!
(02-19-2020, 02:39 PM)jj22 Wrote: https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-offered-assange-pardon-if-he-covered-up-russian-hack-court-hears?via=twitter_page

Eh, Assange is a toolbag and I don't put much stock in this being factual.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR