Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inauguration Day - My public thoughts
Well to be fair. Friday is a work day. Little wonder there were more present for Obama's inauguration.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(01-23-2017, 12:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well to be fair. Friday is a work day. Little wonder there were more present for Obama's inauguration.

That's what I told my conservatives friends to say.  But nope, has to the biggest attendance evah!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-23-2017, 12:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's what I told my conservatives friends to say.  But nope, has to the biggest attendance evah!

I must say I pity your conservative friends if they look to you for what to say.

(01-23-2017, 12:35 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I must say I pity your conservative friends if they look to you for what to say.

I'm just trying to help them.  They seem to be stuck in a spot where they "aren't defending" Trump and yet they defend everything he does or is said about him.

They couldn't say the PS "lied" so they had to have an alternative fact to make it true.
(01-22-2017, 03:20 PM)Dill Wrote: Well no, Gino, you are using the wrong terminology. That is no longer a lie.

Untrue claims, as Kellyann Conway points out, are now to be called "ALTERNATIVE FACTS," and so VERY DIFFERENT from lies.

Instead of relying on the mainstream media for what used to be called THE FACTS the American people now have a choice between those and alternative facts presented by the White House Press Secretary. This is all about bringing choice back to the American people.

So liberals are a joke because they think they are all special little snowflakes and conservatives fall into the same mindset now because they believe anyone(?) can bend reality to fit his narrative and it isn't a lie, but a fact...an alternative one.

Hmm, alternative lifestyles vs alternative facts!

(01-23-2017, 12:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well to be fair. Friday is a work day. Little wonder there were more present for Obama's inauguration.

Also to be fair, most Trump-supporters couldn't stop having sex with their cousin long enough to to drive their rusty-ass pickups all that way to the big city. Might run into a fruit or minority there...better to just play it safe and sit on the porch with the hound dogs and watch it on the fancy picture box.
(01-23-2017, 12:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Also to be fair, most Trump-supporters couldn't stop having sex with their cousin long enough to to drive their rusty-ass pickups all that way to the big city. Might run into a fruit or minority there...better to just play it safe and sit on the porch with the hound dogs and watch it on the fancy picture box.

....and celebrate their victory over the "better folks". Damn despicables, 

(01-23-2017, 01:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: ....and celebrate their victory over the "better folks". Damn despicables, 

It's deplorables, and what good is winning this election when the Tally Ban is going to show up any day (because Barry Nobama let 'em in) and keel ya?  Lordy, it's like every time ya plunge yer cousin it might be yer last!
(01-23-2017, 01:06 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's deplorables, and what good is winning this election when the Tally Ban is going to show up any day (because Barry Nobama let 'em in) and keel ya?  Lordy, it's like every time ya plunge yer cousin it might be yer last!

I love it when they don't have a point but just cannot help themselves. 

(01-23-2017, 01:10 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I love it when they don't have a point but just cannot help themselves. 

I'm sure your point that Trump's supporters were too busy working to attend the crowning of their perpetually-winning, swamp-draining messiah was based in reality and not some sort of hackneyed joke, yes?  I thought you were opening the floor to banter of the hyperbolic and nosnensical type.

'scuse me, Mr. Seriouspants!
"I don't think Ivanka would do that inside the magazine. Although she does have a very nice figure. I've said that if Ivanka weren't my daughter, perhaps I would be dating her."

-Daddy

Talk about can't help himself.
(01-23-2017, 01:15 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sure your point that Trump's supporters were too busy working to attend the crowning of their perpetually-winning, swamp-draining messiah was based in reality and not some sort of hackneyed joke, yes?  I thought you were opening the floor to banter of the hyperbolic and nosnensical type.

'scuse me, Mr. Seriouspants!

Well imitation is the best form of flattery, so thanks.

(01-23-2017, 01:19 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well imitation is the best form of flattery, so thanks.

Oh schnapp.

There's also the fact that the DC metro area has gotten increasingly more liberal. I was watching Meet The Press on Sunday and they showed how, since the Reagan era, more and more counties around DC are turning blue, meaning that the folks that voted for him are living farther away, most likely.

Plus, as one conservative commentator said on Twitter, "let's not kid ourselves, Obama's 2009 inauguration was an historic event, it being the first black president. Another old white guy being sworn in is not going to draw the crowds as much."
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-23-2017, 11:25 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There's also the fact that the DC metro area has gotten increasingly more liberal. I was watching Meet The Press on Sunday and they showed how, since the Reagan era, more and more counties around DC are turning blue, meaning that the folks that voted for him are living farther away, most likely.

Plus, as one conservative commentator said on Twitter, "let's not kid ourselves, Obama's 2009 inauguration was an historic event, it being the first black president. Another old white guy being sworn in is not going to draw the crowds as much."

LOL, especially THAT old white guy.
(01-23-2017, 11:25 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: There's also the fact that the DC metro area has gotten increasingly more liberal. I was watching Meet The Press on Sunday and they showed how, since the Reagan era, more and more counties around DC are turning blue, meaning that the folks that voted for him are living farther away, most likely.

Well sure there are good reasons and logical reasons...but none of those feed the Orange Ego.
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/315721-spicer-negative-trump-coverage-is-demoralizing

Quote:White House press secretary Sean Spicer on Monday pushed back at what he said was negative coverage of the Trump White House, describing the media narrative as “demoralizing.”

“It’s not just about a crowd size. There’s this constant theme to undercut the enormous support he has,” Spicer said of Trump.

He said the Republican had repeatedly been underestimated by a media landscape that constantly second-guessed him.

“And it’s unbelievably frustrating when you’re continually told it’s not big enough; it’s not good enough. You can’t win.”

Spicer's remarks at his first full news conference as White House press secretary came after he was roundly criticized for stating that Trump's inauguration was the most attended in history.

The press secretary corrected himself on Monday, saying that he had meant that Trump's inauguration was the most watched in person, on television and online. 

Later, he offered the remarks about the demoralizing coverage, arguing it is always negative and questioning why the media doesn't write positive stories on Trump, such as his “success in keeping American jobs.”

“I’ve never seen it like this. The default narrative is always negative, and it’s demoralizing,” Spicer said.

“When we’re right, say we’re right. When we’re wrong, say we’re wrong,” he continued. “But it’s not always wrong and negative.”

Earlier at Monday’s briefing, Spicer vowed to tell the truth as press secretary.

"I believe sometimes we may disagree on the facts,” Spicer said in reference to a question by ABC News’s Jonathan Karl. “There are certain things that we may not fully understand when we come out, but our intention is never to lie to you, Jonathan."

As they said on NPR this morning Trump ran on a platform of being tough.  His followers call the opposition "snowflakes".  But he doesn't want negative press.  He wants to be told he can be the best and will big the biggest, etc.

Congrats America (well the minority that voted for him) you elected a guy who needs constant reassurance that he is the best while always thinking he's right and can't handle the reality if he isn't.
More about his egoness.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/no-white-house-leaks-like-this-until-now

Quote:We now have a story from The Washington Post ("The first days inside Trump’s White House: Fury, tumult and a reboot") to match yesterday's from The Times ("Rocky First Weekend for Trump Troubles Even His Top Aides"). They are each a classic type for a major newspaper. Throw your biggest reportorial names at the story, talk to every one and put together an over-arching from-the-inside narrative. They are each fascinating, occasionally comic and in some ways horrifying reads. But there is an underlying, not-made-explicit message to both which is perhaps the most important. We are three days into the administration and the Trump White House leaks not so much like a sieve as a bucket with no bottom.

The Trump White House not only leaks like crazy. It casually leaks the most intimate and humiliating details about the President - hurt feelings, ego injury, childlike behavior, self-destructive rages over tweets, media failure to credit his own grandiosity. We have simply never seen this level of leaking, with this little respect for the President's dignity or reputation, this early.

A few examples. From the Times ...

Quote:Mr. Trump grew increasingly angry on Inauguration Day after reading a series of Twitter messages pointing out that the size of his inaugural crowd did not rival that of Mr. Obama’s in 2009. But he spent his Friday night in a whirlwind of celebration and affirmation. When he awoke on Saturday morning, after his first night in the Executive Mansion, the glow was gone, several people close to him said, and the new president was filled anew with a sense of injury.

From The Post ...

Quote:Trump has been resentful, even furious, at what he views as the media’s failure to reflect the magnitude of his achievements, and he feels demoralized that the public’s perception of his presidency so far does not necessarily align with his own sense of accomplishment.

From Politico ...

Quote:One person who frequently talks to Trump said aides have to push back privately against his worst impulses in the White House, like the news conference idea, and have to control information that may infuriate him. He gets bored and likes to watch TV, this person said, so it is important to minimize that.

There is, to put it mildly, a rather clearly recurring theme: a torqued up man-child, alternatively rageful and fragile, both grandiose and profoundly insecure. To a degree it is difficult to maintain perspective since the contrast between the departed and incoming Presidents could simply not be any greater - either in the composure and steadiness of the man in question or in his associates' willingness to share his secrets with the press. Would it even be possible to mount a leak investigation when everyone seems to be leaking?

It is a bracing picture, chilling and hilarious. But don't lose the point: no White House leaks like this, leaks this much or leaks this casually about the President's emotional weakness.
Obama's first inauguration was on a Tuesday, so the work thing doesn't hold up. That and, according to Trump, we don't have any because they're overseas. So unless you want to recognize that nearly 15 million jobs were created under the Obama administration, you can't use the work things.

Reasons why Obama's inauguration was had far more in attendance:

1. It was historic.
2. He was more popular.
3. He got far more votes.
4. The area is more liberal, meaning locals are more likely to come.
5. The area has a large black population, meaning more locals are likely to come.
6. Trump didn't even secure the most individual votes in this election
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-24-2017, 12:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Obama's first inauguration was on a Tuesday, so the work thing doesn't hold up. That and, according to Trump, we don't have any because they're overseas. So unless you want to recognize that nearly 15 million jobs were created under the Obama administration, you can't use the work things.

Reasons why Obama's inauguration was had far more in attendance:

1. It was historic.
2. He was more popular.
3. He got far more votes.
4. The area is more liberal, meaning locals are more likely to come.
5. The area has a large black population, meaning more locals are likely to come.
6. Trump didn't even secure the most individual votes in this election

Well sure.  Those are facts.

An alternative fact would be it WAS the largest ever viewed in person or around the world...period.
(01-24-2017, 12:35 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Obama's first inauguration was on a Tuesday, so the work thing doesn't hold up.

Unless you got one of those crazy work schedules where Tuesday is a work day.