Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Incredibly happy for The Bengals Board
Great post 34, nice to see you around.

It's hard to sum up how I feel in 25 words or less. I mean on the one hand it's a friggin game and has basically no impact on my real life. On the other hand I've questioned my fandom many times through it all, been very disgusted on and on. And it's so sweet to have finally broken through.

You guys know all the let downs, struggles, teams, seasons, names, events, injuries, on and on. It seems a giant weight has been lifted off our shoulders.

Here's to hoping this is the beginning of a new age of Bengals football. Lord knows we've all been through enough mud and deserve some sunshine. Cheers
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Excellent post 34 and good to see you on here again. 

Reply/Quote
I was just sending Denny a Message on Facebook. Looks like he was at the game dressed and all. His season tickets finally paid off! Really miss all of you guys. Life has not been easy lately so this win was especially awesome. And it brought me a little closer to you all again. I too, was burn out of talking about losing. On top of the team I began my own losing streak and pulled my way out little by little. I am the better for it at the end of the road. And it looks like the Bengals are as well. Love you all! Miss you all. Reach out to me if you knew me. I bet I missed you too and I got some stories to tell! xd <3
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 08:58 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: My membership in the board started in 2009, when I was still in Norco, CA (60 mi due east of LA). They used to have a section for "fans in other cities," and that's how I learned about the bar in Pasadena that would have Bengal fan get-togethers during football season. In 2011, I went there for one of the Pittsburgh games (unfortunately it was a beatdown), but it was very fun to be in a whole bar full of people in Bengal fan gear hooting and hollering. Someone even brought Skyline, and even though the cheese was chunky I really enjoyed it. It was the kind of bar where you had your own private flatscreen at every booth.

The bar closed before I left CA in August of 2013, however, although there are probably Bengal rooter clubs in all the big CA cities.

I live very close to Norco and this board has allowed me to connect with other Bengals fans and I have always appreciated that.
People out here root for a ton of different teams but I always get the “why do you root for the Bengals?” question (funny they never ask Steelers/Cowboys/Packers etc fans that - bandwagon alert!)
Yesterday was a good day and hopefully they are not done. The future looks very promising and it should be a fun ride for all of us.
Reply/Quote
Good to see some of the OGs posting.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I saw Wilson thumb up the OP. WILSON! OMG! lol

Your thread has brought back a ton of old-timers 34! Big Grin

Love seeing your tweets and thanks for the reply you sent this week (to get a reply from one of the legendary mods is always cool). And getting responses from Goodberry and the other blue checkmarks, you've well-established your presence on that platform ThumbsUp
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Well said 34. Shoutout to all those who keep this board going. Who Dey!!
Reply/Quote
Best Bengals message board on the net.
Reply/Quote
*taps old-timer cane in agreement and celebration*

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 09:36 AM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I am also very thankful for this board!  Being in NY for the last 21 years it gives me a connection to my fellow Bengals fans.  I think I joined the original BB back in 2005 or 2006.

On a side note, does anyone know what happened to DennyG?   I always wondered what happened to that guy.  He was very active on the old BB, but don't remember him on this one.

He said this board would never last. Welp......

Anyway, great dey indeed my fellow fans. It's been a long time coming. Here's to even more successful runs in the coming seasons. Cheers

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I was chronically banned on the old board, so often gmail stopped issuing me new email addresses. I was living in Dallas of all places back then and now South Carolina.. Glad to be a member "in good standing"  so far anyway..
As for the local faithful enjoy the crap weather about to hit you. I'm right in the middle of crap city weather as I type.. 32°, rain and windy as hell.. And I have to go get more propane lest I freeze my stents off.. lol 
And I'm not supposed to lift anything over 5 pounds. Oh well..if it kills me I'll die happy knowing the playoff drought is history.. Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Lesser fans would've thrown in the towel long ago.... it's a testament to every single one of us on this board. Loyalty cannot be questioned. Everyone affiliated with the Bengals deserves this. It's been great to see a lot of posters we haven't seen in a while, all of the fan reactions on social media, and especially a lot of former players' reactions. The curse of Vincent Edward "Bo" Jackson is finally over.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 11:36 AM)basballguy Wrote: I think a lot of got burned out by 2015, Joey porter, and a steady decline right after.  Kudos to everyone that was able to rough it out better than us

*Jerry* Porter.... Tiger

Reply/Quote
I just went through my cell phone. Sent Denny and Pookdog a text. Heard back from them both. Look forward to catching up with you all.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: Lesser fans would've thrown in the towel long ago.... it's a testament to every single one of us on this board. Loyalty cannot be questioned. Everyone affiliated with the Bengals deserves this. It's been great to see a lot of posters we haven't seen in a while, all of the fan reactions on social media, and especially a lot of former players' reactions. The curse of Vincent Edward "Bo" Jackson is finally over.
Amen to that..I like the rest am loyal to a fault, but oh well. Better to be loyal than a schmuck turncoat.. The last part should be the board motto..lol

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:27 PM)grampahol Wrote: Amen to that..I like the rest am loyal to a fault, but oh well. Better to be loyal than a schmuck turncoat.. 

You got that right gramps!

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:00 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: For those fans who live far from Cincinnati and experience few live interactions with other Bengals fans, the various forms of social media have been a valuable tool to share our thoughts, opinions, and feelings about them with others who love this team. This community in particular was born in 2005 and coincided with a long, unpleasant milestone coming to an end - a 15-year playoff drought. It was a hell of a way to break in the new message board and certainly helped build its foundation.

We all know how that season ended, but our collective standard for this team had been raised. We believed the next step of advancing in the playoffs and a Super Bowl run were not far off and we would celebrate it together. Nearly a decade later, we were still waiting when the rug had been pulled out from under us - the Bengals.com message board was being shut down. A community that had bonded over its pain was at risk of disintegrating. Bengals fans, however, are far more resilient than that.

Bengalholic strived to resurrect this community in its current form and so many of the outstanding members still here today refused to let it die. It was accomplished, among other reasons, for this very moment (and bigger ones to come) and is a great testament to the quality of fans and the quality of people that have created, moderated, and simply posted on this site over the years. You deserve this so much - each and every one of you and, equally as important, all of you as one.

I truly believe that there will be a lot more to celebrate together in the future - hopefully, as soon as next weekend - and your loyalty continues to be rewarded. I love you all. Who Dey!

Well said....thank you and thanks to all my Bengal Board Family.  

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey Tiger
Reply/Quote
Schmuck is my favorite insult..lol

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 04:14 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Well said 34 and its been a long long road. But glad I was with you guys from the start.

Some Big Names in here. Can I say hi? XD

Hi Cloe. I know your username oddly well considering you only had 50 posts before the playoff game. I was thinking dang I ain’t seen this guy in a hot minute.
Reply/Quote
This was a nice post by the OP & I'm appreciative I get to be part of this Bengals community. It completely adds to my Bengals fandom enjoyment.
Reply/Quote