Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Incredibly happy for The Bengals Board
(01-16-2022, 02:49 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm a newer-frequent poster. I signed up here in 2016, but mostly lurked. My fandom stems back to '88. Glad to be part of this community!

I apologize for the misunderstanding. There's no harm in lurking, but having been through the entire 31 year streak, I'm glad that you have chosen to share this experience with everyone here in recent years.
Reply/Quote
I love that 34 Comes in at big moments, drops a few poetic paragraphs, then walks off into the night.

I’ve seen a lot of old school names on here today. I love it. I think I need to change back to my OG username…I feel naked without it right now.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:51 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: I apologize for the misunderstanding. There's no harm in lurking, but having been through the entire 31 year streak, I'm glad that you have chosen to share this experience with everyone here in recent years.

No apologies needed at all! I was just noting I relate to the older fans who experienced the entire 31 year streak. It's a fun day to be a Bengals fan & I'm ready to see if we head to Tennessee next!
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:42 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Yes,

I had over 50,000 posts on the old board. Maybe more. Was like 4th in Rep too. Lol. Wish you could still see the archives. Maybe you can somewhere. Lol.

There was a time a while back that i found a site that had a lot of the stuff archived, where you could read different posts. I've since looked for it several times and can find anything. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:26 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: I was just sending Denny a Message on Facebook. Looks like he was at the game dressed and all. His season tickets finally paid off! Really miss all of you guys. Life has not been easy lately so this win was especially awesome. And it brought me a little closer to you all again. I too, was burn out of talking about losing. On top of the team I began my own losing streak and pulled my way out little by little. I am the better for it at the end of the road. And it looks like the Bengals are as well. Love you all! Miss you all. Reach out to me if you knew me. I bet I missed you too and I got some stories to tell! xd <3

Great to hear things are coming together Cloe. Hopefully, this board will be more positive for awhile after the stank was finally washed off last night. Great to hear from you.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:54 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I love that 34 Comes in at big moments, drops a few poetic paragraphs, then walks off into the night.

I’ve seen a lot of old school names on here today. I love it. I think I need to change back to my OG username…I feel naked without it right now.

Always wondered why you went away from it anyway? Loved me some JC.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There was a time a while back that i found a site that had a lot of the stuff archived, where you could read different posts. I've since looked for it several times and can find anything. 

There was a site around for a while called ‘the wayback machine’ that archived old websites. I believe this is how I went back and looked at the old site. I’m not sure if it still exists.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 12:30 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I live very close to Norco and this board has allowed me to connect with other Bengals fans and I have always appreciated that.
People out here root for a ton of different teams but I always get the “why do you root for the Bengals?” question (funny they never ask Steelers/Cowboys/Packers etc fans that - bandwagon alert!)
Yesterday was a good day and hopefully they are not done. The future looks very promising and it should be a fun ride for all of us.

Sometimes, I miss Norco in January and February. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:59 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: There was a site around for a while called ‘the wayback machine’ that archived old websites. I believe this is how I went back and looked at the old site. I’m not sure if it still exists.

Yep. That was the one. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:59 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: There was a site around for a while called ‘the wayback machine’ that archived old websites. I believe this is how I went back and looked at the old site. I’m not sure if it still exists.

That site is still around... The old board will pop up on there, but then says it hasn't been archived.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Great to hear things are coming together Cloe. Hopefully, this board will be more positive for awhile after the stank was finally washed off last night. Great to hear from you.

Hey dude! When Cloe texted me with a Who Dey I thought it was you at first, I've been through many phones and don't have anybody's number anymore. What's up bro?
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:03 PM)pookdogg7 Wrote: Hey dude! When Cloe texted me with a Who Dey I thought it was you at first, I've been through many phones and don't have anybody's number anymore. What's up bro?

Holy shit, I'm floored. I was going through all my phones trying to find your number the other day. What a coincidence. So glad you are here and found your way to the board. Your one of my favorite peeps of all time. Wub

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:13 PM)basballguy Wrote: This correction confuses me

https://youtu.be/Zs4M2iwF7PE

(01-16-2022, 02:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There was a time a while back that i found a site that had a lot of the stuff archived, where you could read different posts. I've since looked for it several times and can find anything. 

https://web.archive.org/web/2021*/boards.bengals.com
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Always wondered why you went away from it anyway? Loved me some JC.

Well, you see, I just make bad decisions sometimes.

I named my horse on Red Dead Redemption ‘Chip Smallwood’, and giggled about it for a while. One day, I was like 6 beers in and thought it would be funny to change the username here to that, but it was during my posting hiatus, and I ended up completely forgetting that I did it. I came back a while later and thought I was banned because Johnny Cupcakes didn’t work anymore. Took me a while to remember…
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:02 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. That was the one. ThumbsUp

https://web.archive.org/web/20150529163618/http://boards.bengals.com/

This is near the end. You were one of the 9 members online.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
Like everyone else, I appreciate the opportunity to be a part of such a great community such as this.

Thanks to Holic for paying for the site for all the years and wish I could have at least supported more financially in the past.

I was a read on the motherboard which caused my obsession for the Draft. Avide read, rare poster.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:06 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Well, you see, I just make bad decisions sometimes.

I named my horse on Red Dead Redemption ‘Chip Smallwood’, and giggled about it for a while. One day, I was like 6 beers in and thought it would be funny to change the username here to that, but it was during my posting hiatus, and I ended up completely forgetting that I did it. I came back a while later and thought I was banned because Johnny Cupcakes didn’t work anymore. Took me a while to remember…

I'll just leave this here. JC was a gangster name and he had a great sense of humor. Hard to laugh when someone named Chip try's to be clever. I'm just kidding.  Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:14 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I'll just leave this here. JC was a gangster name and he had a great sense of humor. Hard to laugh when someone named Chip try's to be clever. I'm just kidding.  Hilarious

LOL Well, I’ve already requested the username change, so hopefully it’s just a matter of time before I get my mojo back.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
What a long strange trip its been

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:19 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: He said this board would never last. Welp......

Anyway, great dey indeed my fellow fans. It's been a long time coming. Here's to even more successful runs in the coming seasons. Cheers

Getting rid of that ass kisser was just what the doctor ordered.
Reply/Quote