Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Incredibly happy for The Bengals Board
(01-16-2022, 04:14 AM)CloeHokie Wrote: Well said 34 and its been a long long road. But glad I was with you guys from the start.

Some Big Names in here. Can I say hi? XD

Dude, good to see you here as well!  Don't be a stranger!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:31 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Hi Cloe. I know your username oddly well considering you only had 50 posts before the playoff game. I was thinking dang I ain’t seen this guy in a hot minute.

Indeed. Like many, after the sudden collapse of the boards I felt a bit of resentment. Heck, it was the only place I had to talk to my friends. Then I felt as if the Bengals took that from me as well. When a few other boards were tried and one was a fake scam thing to trick us all I walked away. Tried coming back many times but found it hard to get back into things. Life didn't help in that regard. I have too many memories with too many members to not think about from time to time though. This time I hope to stick around. Where is the Lounge at anyway? 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:37 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Indeed. Like many, after the sudden collapse of the boards I felt a bit of resentment. Heck, it was the only place I had to talk to my friends. Then I felt as if the Bengals took that from me as well. When a few other boards were tried and one was a fake scam thing to trick us all I walked away. Tried coming back many times but found it hard to get back into things. Life didn't help in that regard. I have too many memories with too many members to not think about from time to time though. This time I hope to stick around. Where is the Lounge at anyway? 

Was you CloeHokie on the old board? The only interaction I would have even had here was a draft thread. I thought GoT s8 but I had plenty of real life friends that I must have bitched at about that show because I did not post.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:40 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Was you CloeHokie on the old board? The only interaction I would have even had here was a draft thread. I thought GoT s8 but I had plenty of real life friends that I must have bitched at about that show because I did not post.

Yes,

I had over 50,000 posts on the old board. Maybe more. Was like 4th in Rep too. Lol. Wish you could still see the archives. Maybe you can somewhere. Lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:19 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: He said this board would never last. Welp......

Anyway, great dey indeed my fellow fans. It's been a long time coming. Here's to even more successful runs in the coming seasons. Cheers

DennyG pessimistic? Wow wee. I definitely remember him for his absolute optimism. As someone that prefers to see the glass half empty like most Bengal fans he got on a lot of their nerves lol
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:42 PM)CloeHokie Wrote: Yes,

I had over 50,000 posts on the old board. Maybe more. Was like 4th in Rep too. Lol. Wish you could still see the archives. Maybe you can somewhere. Lol.

Some people post it in their sigs. That’s where I must know you from then. Stick around more often. Burrow got me in here more than a few games and the draft like I had been before the last 2 seasons
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:43 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: DennyG pessimistic? Wow wee. I definitely remember him for his absolute optimism. As someone that prefers to see the glass half empty like most Bengal fans he got on a lot of their nerves lol

Oh yeah, he was/is the ultimate Bengals Homer. When this board started up after the main page shut em down, he said it'd never last and everyone should follow the team to their social media platforms. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Great post. We are the greatest fans in the world!!!!! Glad yo be a part of this with all of you. WHO-DEY. Let’s keep this thing going.
Reply/Quote
This is a fun thread to read. I'm not an "OG" from a previous board where it seems many of you interacted with each other. This board was my first attempt at engaging Bengals fans online and I appreciate it exists. It's cool to see the playoff win caused original members to jump in on the fun.

Tiger Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:26 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: *Jerry* Porter.... Tiger

This correction confuses me
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote

I can't even remember what mine was ??  I joined like Sept.5th 05 but I didn't post a whole lot some seasons for working all the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is a fun thread to read. I'm not an "OG" from a previous board where it seems many of you interacted with each other. This board was my first attempt at engaging Bengals fans online and I appreciate it exists. It's cool to see the playoff win caused original members to jump in on the fun.

Tiger  Who Dey

Noob alert. I've got my eye on you. 

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 03:00 AM)34inXXIII Wrote: For those fans who live far from Cincinnati and experience few live interactions with other Bengals fans, the various forms of social media have been a valuable tool to share our thoughts, opinions, and feelings about them with others who love this team. This community in particular was born in 2005 and coincided with a long, unpleasant milestone coming to an end - a 15-year playoff drought. It was a hell of a way to break in the new message board and certainly helped build its foundation.

We all know how that season ended, but our collective standard for this team had been raised. We believed the next step of advancing in the playoffs and a Super Bowl run were not far off and we would celebrate it together. Nearly a decade later, we were still waiting when the rug had been pulled out from under us - the Bengals.com message board was being shut down. A community that had bonded over its pain was at risk of disintegrating. Bengals fans, however, are far more resilient than that.

Bengalholic strived to resurrect this community in its current form and so many of the outstanding members still here today refused to let it die. It was accomplished, among other reasons, for this very moment (and bigger ones to come) and is a great testament to the quality of fans and the quality of people that have created, moderated, and simply posted on this site over the years. You deserve this so much - each and every one of you and, equally as important, all of you as one.

I truly believe that there will be a lot more to celebrate together in the future - hopefully, as soon as next weekend - and your loyalty continues to be rewarded. I love you all. Who Dey!

It's Joe Burrow. It's all Joe Burrow. From the minute they drafted him, it changed everything...
Reply/Quote

Great to see you posting here again brother. Always enjoyed your stuff on the old board.

Hopefully, we'll see a lot of the members who stepped away from the board, for different reasons, start being active again. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:34 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Noob alert. I've got my eye on you. 

Ninja

I suppose, I didn't even sign up for this board until 2016. Most years I was a lurker.
Reply/Quote
I'm glad to see some old "faces" in this thread. Last night was a great relief. That monkey is off our backs and we can move forward. While it wasn't terrible, this board had gotten sorta testy over the last few years. It was frustrating to be a fan of this team. This team has made it fun again. I'm looking forward to this board bein' a great place to post and read in the coming years... Shout out to all of you guys, and all the old members who aren't really active anymore.

They did it!!!

I'm still not satisfied...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hell yeah! We finally did it!

Got a text from CloeHokie and decided to start posting again. Been a long time guys, been reading all the while every day but only posted a few times, think the last time was free agency.

Anyway, time to celebrate!!
Reply/Quote
So much fun. I'm getting text from several old friends about our Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 01:53 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: This is a fun thread to read. I'm not an "OG" from a previous board where it seems many of you interacted with each other. This board was my first attempt at engaging Bengals fans online and I appreciate it exists. It's cool to see the playoff win caused original members to jump in on the fun.

Tiger  Who Dey

We probably haven't crossed paths before then, so let me be clear about this: you're what we need. The group that has been here throughout this board or even through both boards are great, but we need newer fans. We welcome them. More fans means the team is reaching the levels of success that we have all desired and I truly hope you enjoy every part of that success just as much as I do.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 02:48 PM)34inXXIII Wrote: We probably haven't crossed paths before then, so let me be clear about this: you're what we need. The group that has been here throughout this board or even through both boards are great, but we need newer fans. We welcome them. More fans means the team is reaching the levels of success that we have all desired and I truly hope you enjoy every part of that success just as much as I do.

I'm a newer-frequent poster. I signed up here in 2016, but mostly lurked. My fandom stems back to '88. Glad to be part of this community!
Reply/Quote