Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Injuries week 15
Zac said he is actually encouraged about where they are injury wise. Hopefully that means they got some good news. No one injured yesterday is going on IR

Trey Hendrickson is not being ruled out with a wrist "issue" this week but don't be surprised if he is out

Tyler Boyd-finger dislocation "have to see where that goes" His ability to deal with the pain and swelling vs his ability to function will dictate his availability this week. Right now it is described as painful.

Tee Higgins-day to day with his hamstring

Joseph Ossai-shoulder they need to see how practice goes. this is potentially big if Hendrickson can't play

Hayden Hurst-calf and is still week to week. Hayden says f yes he's playing but we will see

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
These are key players and I hope they can heal up for a round 1 playoff game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
When I saw a November 22 report on the NFL's most healthy teams, the Bengals were rated only 20th. But so many other teams have major injuries that the Bengals moved up to 4th on the December 9 list of the most healthy teams. (ie. before the current game with Hendrickson getting injured.)

Healthiest Teams Ranked by BUS Score:

1. Jacksonville Jaguars – BUS: 84.0
2. Minnesota Vikings – BUS: 81.4
3. Kansas City Chiefs – BUS: 80.9
4. Cincinnati Bengals – BUS: 79.9
5. Houston Texans – BUS: 78.5

https://www.thepredictors.com/nfls-five-healthiest-most-injured-teams-previewing-eagles-giants/
Reply/Quote
Bucs:

Bowles said he doesn’t expect Vita Vea or Tristan Wirfs to be able to play this week. Said Sean Murphy-Bunting is ahead of Antoine Winfield and Mike Edwards, but all three are making progress.

Their best CB Jamal Dean also questionable with a bad big toe.

Not having Vita Vea and Wirfs would be a huge blow to them.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 05:17 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: These are key players and I hope they can heal up for a round 1 playoff game.

with our last three games, we really need this game to feel we are in round 1, losing at TB will be a setback for playoffs
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 04:14 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

That was the good news...this is the bad.  Hopefully, Hilton is a injury mgmt day only

also Trey Hendrickson is absent. Joseph Ossai is present

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Why are people saying Boyd had a compound fracture? Where did that even come from?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 04:54 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why are people saying Boyd had a compound fracture? Where did that even come from?

I think that was the assumption after Zac said it 'had to get flushed out to avoid infection'.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 05:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

[Image: 02-Deformed-Fingers-Sports.gif]

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 05:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 02-Deformed-Fingers-Sports.gif]

OMG, WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!!!!!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 04:17 PM)pally Wrote: That was the good news...this is the bad.  Hopefully, Hilton is a injury mgmt day only

also Trey Hendrickson is absent.  Joseph Ossai is present

WTH happened to Davis?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 05:48 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: 02-Deformed-Fingers-Sports.gif]

[Image: munoz-finger.jpg?w=830]
Reply/Quote
Lengthy report today.  Tomorrow will be more telling

DNP

Hayden Hurst-calf,  Zac said Hayden is likely out again this week
La'el Collins-rest
Trey Hendrickson-wrist
Jalen Davis-Thumb....and his arm is in a sling...that indicates another potential hand surgery and the sling is keeping it elevated to prevent swelling
Mike Hilton-knee
DJ Reader-rest

Limited

Tee Higgins-hamstring
Tyler Boyd-finger
Dax Hill-hamstring
Joe Ossai-shoulder
Trent Taylor-hamstring

Full Practice

Joe Burrow-right elbow

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 06:37 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: [Image: munoz-finger.jpg?w=830]

I had this happen to an index finger stopping a goal shot in soccer. I stared at it in disbelief and then pulled on it and it popped back in. Don't know why popping it back occurred to me -- must have seen it on TV or something -- because I was young and had never seen such a thing. But it swelled terribly, hurt a lot, and took several weeks before I felt normal. I assume this is common in football and they know how to treat it immediately when it happens. I didn't go to a doctor until a week later and at that point he couldn't do anything.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 07:10 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Burrow took a real shot when he ran one time and didn't give himself up. The defender took the opportunity to hit him hard on his throwing arm. I would not be surprised if that was the incident. I winced when I saw that. 
Reply/Quote
Hurst is out of the walking boot so there is progress

Reply/Quote