Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 3
per Zac, Joe is not expected to practice today, at least not as a full participant. Still dealing with soreness. Prognosis remains day to day

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Joe walked onto the practice field with a compression sleeve. He has a slight, but notable limp.

Reply/Quote
I don't get how we win a superbowl this year with this going to recur throughout the year. Our point is to win the SB not anything else...wins don't matter, playoff berth doesn't matter. Has to be low chance that he doesn't reinjure it again this year. What are we doing? Lol.

I guess we figure out quick what they can do with the playbook to try and win if Burrow plays Monday. We need to emphasize the run this year.

Do we really think this won't recur this year? Would be a heck of a story if Burrow sat out half the season and came back to a zero win team and took them to the superbowl though lol. I think we should use this year to find a suitable backup, run through them like the Browns usually run through QBs lol.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Maybe he should have at least played with the sleeve. That limp isn't really slight.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 03:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Maybe he should have at least played with the sleeve. That limp isn't really slight.

???

Doesn't even look like he HAS a limp.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
You think that's just his pimp walk?

It's a clear limp to me. Doesn't even look like the leg is moving much. It's definitely being carried by his left leg.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 04:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ???

Exactly. Remember that wearing a compression sleeve that long will make your gait look a touch unnatural also. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 04:26 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: ???

I dunno...looks pretty limpy to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 04:28 PM)Joelist Wrote: Exactly. Remember that wearing a compression sleeve that long will make your gait look a touch unnatural also. 

So does his gait look unnatural or not? Sounds like you don't see anything either.....

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 04:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: So does his gait look unnatural or not? Sounds like you don't see anything either.....

I don't see a limp. The long sleeve makes your gait look a little weird because it covers the knee also. That little weirdness is all I see. 
Reply/Quote
Ben Baby: "What were you able to do today at practice?"
Burrow: "I was out there, uh, we'll see."
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 04:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: You think that's just his pimp walk?

It's a clear limp to me. Doesn't even look like the leg is moving much. It'd definitely being carried by his left leg.

I see it as well. He is definitely limping. I've seen people saying "cleats on concrete" and "compression sleeves" but he has limp. It isn't awful, but it is there. 
Reply/Quote
If he is limping at all he should not play. Hope for the best against the Rams and hope our Defense and run game can win it. Going 0-3 and Burrow being healthy is better than him going out, making it worse and possibly losing him for the season.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 04:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I see it as well. He is definitely limping. I've seen people saying "cleats on concrete" and "compression sleeves" but he has limp. It isn't awful, but it is there. 

Burrow is either going to play or he is being a DECOY right now to give the Rams less time to prepare just for Browning.
Reply/Quote
I don’t expect him to play Monday and I have a feeling they don’t expect him to play. They are just not saying it. It’s the whole keep the other team guessing thing. It just seems that way. It will be interesting to see how Browning does. Everyone knows how the Bengals have been beaten many times by the back up QB :)
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2023, 04:38 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I see it as well. He is definitely limping. I've seen people saying "cleats on concrete" and "compression sleeves" but he has limp. It isn't awful, but it is there. 

Looks to me like just about every player walking out there is walking with a limp. They are all sore as crap.
Reply/Quote
Read where Joe said he did not think he needed a full practice to determine playing.. i think by now that is the opposite view we should have, he needs to show he can go in a practice before we put him on the field seem logical
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
The video above shows a defeated Burrow. If you look at his face he is not confident. As he walks past the camera he immediately looks down. That and he wears the helmet walking past the camera to hide.

If you watch his press conference before the week 1 game he did not look confident either.
I was hopeful it didn't mean anything but it's obvious he's not healthy.

I hope he doesn't get injured worse than he is.
I would like to see better leadership and more thorough planning from Zac and those in charge.
If my star was looking like he looked leading up to week one I'd shelve him and pick up a backup to ride with for awhile.
They should have traded for or signed someone that has the ability to win games when he got hurt.
Every step of the way they are digging a deeper hole.
Poor planning and maneagement.
Reply/Quote