Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries week 5

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Wow!
Reply/Quote
Great, now we'll have two guys hobbling around out there, waiting for the first solid shot to take them out..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 03:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Wow!

Yeah, the guy so many are wanting to get rid of.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, the guy so many are wanting to get rid of.

Not wanting to. It’s just reality.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not wanting to. It’s just reality.

It's not reality. They will re-sign him, bank on it.
Reply/Quote
per Zac...Joe will start on Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not reality. They will re-sign him, bank on it.

Wooow I am saving this post. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:12 PM)pally Wrote: per Zac...Joe will start on Sunday

I figured that. First time since he has been here that I preferred he didn't start.Hmm
Reply/Quote

Why are they risking their HUGE investment? I mean, isn't our old motto "There's always next season"? Better to lose Burrow for part of the season than lose him indefinitely.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

Say it ain't so Joe..........

Just don't think Joe should play until he is at least mobile enough to scramble for his life when necessary. This just being a statuesque target for the Defenses to  pin their ears back and attack relentlessly all day long plan does not seem to be working, and a big risk on the longevity of the Bengals franchise player career.   

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 05:35 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Say it ain't so Joe..........

Just don't think Joe should play until he is at least mobile enough to scramble for his life when necessary. This just being a statuesque target for the Defenses to  pin their ears back and attack relentlessly all day long plan does not seem to be working, and a big risk on the longevity of the Bengals franchise player career.   

It reminds me of the Monty Python Black knight sketch where the knight refuses to give up even though everyone knows he should.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:11 PM)Sled21 Wrote: It's not reality. They will re-sign him, bank on it.

Ok if that’s true, then let’s say people want him but don’t think they can sign him. It’s not, as you stated, “the guy people want to get rid of”. That’s disingenuous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

Zac continues to show what an absolute moron he is. Joe could very easily get a much more serious injury with his inability to escape and defenses bringing the house.

Reply/Quote

WOW

just wow
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 06:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Zac continues to show what an absolute moron he is. Joe could very easily get a much more serious injury with his inability to escape and defenses bringing the house.

Not only that, it’s not really fair to the rest of the team to keep trotting him out there. He doesn’t give them much of a chance right now.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 06:56 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Zac continues to show what an absolute moron he is. Joe could very easily get a much more serious injury with his inability to escape and defenses bringing the house.

Right

They don't even have to gameplan. Everybody kill Joe Burrow! He'll be in shotgun and take two steps back, pin you ears back and go. And if he completes a pass it'll only be 3 yards, so go like hell. Jailbreak blitz

Mixon doesn't scare us
Reply/Quote

It's painful to watch Joe get all that abuse

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to wonder about the decision making down at the stadium. Joe must be one hell of a salesman.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:47 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I'm starting to wonder about the decision making down at the stadium. Joe must be one hell of a salesman.

Who is going to argue with him?  The HC who is Dave Shula when Burrow isn't playing or the owner who is...well, he's actually Mike Brown so no need to compare him to someone else to point out that he's not that good at his job.

As I said though, we win these next 2 games and it's a new season after the bye.  On the other hand, we wouldn't be the first low-esteem franchise to put an injured QB on the field and shortsightedly invite long-term disaster and bad PR.  And I was thinking of RGIII for that, but it was only a year ago when Tua was on the field having an ultra concussion for all to see where we were tsk tsking at a HC and franchise throwing their QB down the drain.
Reply/Quote