Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injuries-week 9
Ja'Marr in the locker room...on crutches so he must be non-weight bearing in order to speed healing

DJ Reader- will not be activated this week which we kind of assumed with the bye coming up

Chido will be placed on IR this week. No idea who will take his spot yet

Eli Apple-day to day according to Zac, he's playing on Sunday according to Eli. We'll see how he practices this week. I know I'd feel a little bit better with Mike Hilton, Eli, and CTB playing CB than Hilton, CTB, and Jalen Davis or a gimpy Tre Flowers.

more after practice

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We actually really need Eli to be healthy.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I'm definitely okay with Dax getting more playing time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Any word on Tupou ? Assuming he should be back soon. Having him and Reader back would be huge for the run D and D-line rotation.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 02:44 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Any word on Tupou ? Assuming he should be back soon. Having him and Reader back would be huge for the run D and D-line rotation.

He wasn't mentioned but if I had to guess, he is another after-the-bye guy.  He hasn't even been on the rehab field yet

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 02:28 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'm definitely okay with Dax getting more playing time.

Dax said he'd play anywhere but that he hasn't played CB since high school until Monday night
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 02:23 PM)pally Wrote: Ja'Marr in the locker room...on crutches so he must be non-weight bearing in order to speed healing

DJ Reader- will not be activated this week which we kind of assumed with the bye coming up

Chido will be placed on IR this week.  No idea who will take his spot yet

Eli Apple-day to day according to Zac, he's playing on Sunday according to Eli.  We'll see how he practices this week.  I know I'd feel a little bit better with Mike Hilton, Eli, and CTB playing CB than Hilton, CTB, and Jalen Davis or a gimpy Tre Flowers.

more after practice

Dax Hill was drafted as a hybrid to play both slot corner and safety, so I'm Ok with Hilton moving out to CB.  If Eli isn't 100%, let's see what Dax can do.  
Reply/Quote
don't look at the CB position. They only had a walk-thru today so this is an approximation of the injury report

Reply/Quote
Eli Apple #1 CB...scary!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 09:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Eli Apple #1 CB...scary!

Yup

Panthers expose us badly w Awuzie out
Mixon runs for 1 yard
JB gets sacked 7x
Evan shanks an extra point

35-12
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 02:44 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Any word on Tupou ? Assuming he should be back soon. Having him and Reader back would be huge for the run D and D-line rotation.

My son knows Tupou, he was still in a walking boot yesterday, has not mentioned a return date.  Hopefully we can get some consistency out of Tufele.

Reply/Quote
Team is going light at practice. They are working out in shells and shorts.

Hilton not practicing again...left pinky is in a splint. I suspect he can play on Sunday without practicing but it all depends on what he actually did to that hand. My brother lost a year in high school with a badly broken pinky. He caught it in the back of a runner's shoe. The runner's next step did all the damage. Broke it in 5 places and tore the tendons

The corner group in position group practice: Cam Taylor-Britt, Eli Apple, Dax Hill, Jalen Davis, Marvell Tell, Allan George.

Morgan and Apple are participating, at least in a limited form

Tre Flowers is on the rehab field...running gingerly

Collins is not seen at the open portion of practice

Ol Max Scharping also appears to be missing

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 03:14 PM)pally Wrote: Team is going light at practice. They are working out in shells and shorts.

Hilton not practicing again...left pinky is in a splint. I suspect he can play on Sunday without practicing but it all depends on what he actually did to that hand. My brother lost a year in high school with a badly broken pinky. He caught it in the back of a runner's shoe. The runner's next step did all the damage. Broke it in 5 places and tore the tendons

The corner group in position group practice: Cam Taylor-Britt, Eli Apple, Dax Hill, Jalen Davis, Marvell Tell, Allan George.

Morgan and Apple are participating, at least in a limited form

Tre Flowers is on the rehab field...running gingerly

Collins is not seen at the open portion of practice

Ol Max Scharping also appears to be missing

Wow. Man we got thin FAST Sad
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 03:50 PM)Whacked Wrote: Wow. Man we got thin FAST Sad

Yeah, Apple with a hamstring, Hilton with a injury to a finger, Flowers with a hamstring, and Awuzie out for the season. I'm very surprised they didn't pick up a true corner on Tuesday after they knew about Awuzie. Dax Hill is a safety who said he didn't remember the last time he lined up as a CB. Maybe he will be a natural there, but I'd feel a lot better with a proven CB.
Reply/Quote
official injury list

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 02:28 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'm definitely okay with Dax getting more playing time.

Same here. I know he got burned but this is how he will grow as a player. Eli gets burned a lot.

The only one he didn't get burned a lot was Awuzie cause he is one of the best Corners in the NFL.

We need to get a good pass rush going to help out our Secondary is all.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 06:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here. I know he got burned but this is how he will grow as a player. Eli gets burned a lot.

The only one he didn't get burned a lot was Awuzie cause he is one of the best Corners in the NFL.

The thing about Awuzie is he was not one of the best corners in the league when he was at Dallas. He has prospered in Lou's system. Hopefully Lou can do the same for our younger guys.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 06:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same here. I know he got burned but this is how he will grow as a player. Eli gets burned a lot.

Honestly I think that was Von Bell's fault more than anything. Dax was supposed to have help over the top. Dax did get beat off the line but he recovered to cover the short route in case he cut back. He's probably a little shaky in coverage but he needs to see the field to develop in my opinion. Now's a good time to get him involved more.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2022, 08:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: The thing about Awuzie is he was not one of the best corners in the league when he was at Dallas. He has prospered in Lou's system. Hopefully Lou can do the same for our younger guys.

That's a good point, we gotta trust Lou here
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
Why is Awuzie on the injury report? Shouldn't they be moving him to IR and adding another player?
Reply/Quote