Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury reports-Wildcard week
(01-11-2023, 04:24 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Wait, they have 2 quarterbacks named Huntley and Hundley? 

No. One of each. Mellow

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:33 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Lol you got 'em backwards

of course I did...lol...they're interchangeable!

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:49 PM)pally Wrote: No Alex Cappa or Tee Higgins participating in the open portion of practice.  Alex is not a surprise.  Tee is slightly one.  His hip stinger will be managed all week.  Unfortunately, injuries like that tend to become inflamed in the days immediately post injury

Alex though is out there helping out

Burrow gets a golf cart for an appendix and Cappa gets a scooter for an ankle.  Hilarious

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Burrow gets a golf cart for an appendix and Cappa gets a scooter for an ankle.  Hilarious

they didn't want us to see how sick Joe really was

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:26 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: 'Frank Pollack doing extra teaching on the right side of the line.' - Jeremy Rauch

That is amazing.  Especially since former Bengals OL coach Paul Alexander was once quoted as saying that he couldn't teach during the season, that was an offseason thing.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:26 PM)basballguy Wrote: So I wonder if Jackson tore his PCL and Harbough has been underreporting the injury

Rumor around Baltimore is that Lamar has been seen at illegal street races multiple times since going out with injury.  Seems to be a contract thing.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:26 PM)Brimey Wrote: Let's be honest, Lamar not playing makes things much easier for the Bengals. However I think Huntley/Brown is a toss up. Brown made some decent throws last week, which I haven't seen much of from Huntley.

Both teams got beat up last Sunday a bit, over what could have been a fairly meaningless game.

Huntley is way better than Brown.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: Rumor around Baltimore is that Lamar has been seen at illegal street races multiple times since going out with injury.  Seems to be a contract thing.

When I was at a conference in Baltimore, I'm in my hotel room at night...I hear all these motors and look out the windows. I see all these quads, dirt bikes, and bikes on the main streets. They actually stop and shutdown traffic.

Was pretty wild. This was right in the Inner Harbor.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: Rumor around Baltimore is that Lamar has been seen at illegal street races multiple times since going out with injury.  Seems to be a contract thing.

Was the illegal street race a foot race?  That would make his involvement more significant.   Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 05:11 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Was the illegal street race a foot race?  That would make his involvement more significant.   Tongue

Yeah. You can sure as hell limp over to watch the illegal street race, right? Just because the guy isn't bedridden doesn't mean he can play. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That is amazing.  Especially since former Bengals OL coach Paul Alexander was once quoted as saying that he couldn't teach during the season, that was an offseason thing.

Never forget.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

If THAT turned out to be true no one will sign him in the offseason. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 05:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Huntley is way better than Brown.

Huntley in an actual NFL offensive system setup for a pocket passer would surprise people with how good be is. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 05:38 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yeah. You can sure as hell limp over to watch the illegal street race, right? Just because the guy isn't bedridden doesn't mean he can play. 

Personally, if I had a knee injury severe enough to keep me out going on six games, I would be at home resting it and not out limping around on it on the streets late at night.  That's just me, however.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. One of each. Mellow

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 04:26 PM)basballguy Wrote: So I wonder if Jackson tore his PCL and Harbough has been underreporting the injury

I think he doesn't care about the rest of this year and is doing everything he can to stay off the field and avoid further injury before either getting his payday from Ravens or someone else.

or

Ravens are keeping him off the field with a plan to trade him at highest value and get a different QB, that isn't made of glass with a playstyle that continuously subjects him to inujry.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 06:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: the-shining-horror.gif]

Reply/Quote
Wow. Maybe they weren't being coy starting Brown on Sunday. I can't imagine Huntley wouldn't be getting reps if it was clear that their playoff hopes hung on him being the starter.

Either way, they will still get Dobbins, Andrews and Zeitler back. That's still a decent offensive boost.

I have a hard time seeing the Ravens scoring more than 20 with a 3rd string qb. They have a predictable offense and IIRC they have not scored more than 17 since Lamar went out.

All the Bengals need to do is stay aggressive on offense and be themselves. A great offense should still have a major advantage over a great defense in the modern NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 06:11 PM)Stewy Wrote: I think he doesn't care about the rest of this year and is doing everything he can to stay off the field and avoid further injury before either getting his payday from Ravens or someone else.

or

Ravens are keeping him off the field with a plan to trade him at highest value and get a different QB, that isn't made of glass with a playstyle that continuously subjects him to inujry.

Lamar is not under contract for 2023. They would have to place franchise tag on him to trade him.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 06:46 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Lamar is not under contract for 2023. They would have to place franchise tag on him to trade him.

you can't trade a franchise tag player unless they agree to a contract

Reply/Quote