Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury reports-Wildcard week
(01-12-2023, 06:18 PM)motoarch Wrote: They will and trade him to the jets and the jets will throw a giant bag of money at him.

(01-12-2023, 06:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Jets are a solid team with young talent in need of a QB so that would be a pretty good spot for him.

(01-12-2023, 07:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Brady, Rodgers, and Jackson are all potentially available. Is that correct? 

I'd say Carr is firmly in tier 2. I mean, he had Adams and Jacobs last year. Arguably the best WR & RB in the league, and that is a losing season.....

Jets have made it public they would do a lot for Lamar.  

Imagine the Bills next year facing:

Jets twice with Lamar,
Miami twice with Brady (heating up)
Patriots twice with DHop (rumors in NE)

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 05:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Huntley is way better than Brown.

Absolutely!
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 08:13 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Jackson just announced on twitter that he’s not playing this week.

Well, that puts that to bed.  Good news for us. 

Still, Huntley IS better than Brown. And the Ravens have a disruptive defense, an all-Pro TE, and a very good rushing attack.  If we cannot stop the run, their defeciencies throwing it will not matter. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 10:19 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, that puts that to bed.  Good news for us. 

Still, Huntley IS better than Brown. And the Ravens have a disruptive defense, an all-Pro TE, and a very good rushing attack.  If we cannot stop the run, their defeciencies throwing it will not matter. 

Even if we cannot stop the run (I think we can contain it well enough), I feel we can own time of possession by utilizing the middle of the field. They tend to give us some good real estate there. We have a lot of plays that use different players for that aspect.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 10:25 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Even if we cannot stop the run (I think we can contain it well enough), I feel we can own time of possession by utilizing the middle of the field. They tend to give us some good real estate there. We have a lot of plays that use different players for that aspect.

Yup - but not if our O plays pedestrian

They need to bring their A-game.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Any reports from Baltimore?
Ravens' Lamar Jackson says knee unstable; Tyler Huntley throws
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 10:35 PM)Whacked Wrote: Yup - but not if our O plays pedestrian

They need to bring their A-game.

I think it's going to come down to who wins the turnover battle. If we cough it up I think we're in trouble. As we saw last game, if we win the turnover battle we should win by double digits. If it's even I think it comes down to the last few minutes. 

Lots of teams have won playoff games with below average QBs but great defenses.
Reply/Quote
Lamar Jackson, Janet Jackson, Tito Jackson, Andrew Jackson...don't matter, Bengals by 16
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 07:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Brady, Rodgers, and Jackson are all potentially available. Is that correct? 

I'd say Carr is firmly in tier 2. I mean, he had Adams and Jacobs last year. Arguably the best WR & RB in the league, and that is a losing season.....

I agree about Carr, but I put that on Josh McDaniels. That team without Adams and an interim HC made the playoffs last year.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 10:46 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree about Carr, but I put that on Josh McDaniels. That team without Adams and an interim HC made the playoffs last year.

I'm wondering at what point teams realize that Josh McDaniels is a terrible coach.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 10:25 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Even if we cannot stop the run (I think we can contain it well enough), I feel we can own time of possession by utilizing the middle of the field. They tend to give us some good real estate there. We have a lot of plays that use different players for that aspect.

They simply can't get behind the chains. Ravens going to get alot ofpressure on JB whether we had a healthy right side of the OL or not but now totally different.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 10:19 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Well, that puts that to bed.  Good news for us. 

All true, I think we will be up for the task. Love this Defense, Burrow and the Offense need to play much better in this game.
Reply/Quote
I don't know how good is the Raven's D line.. but run doses of Perine early and Mixon A LOT. then air out the TDs with our reliable WRs. We can score quickly, the key will be to run the clock and tire them out.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 10:40 PM)shuffle Wrote: Ravens' Lamar Jackson says knee unstable; Tyler Huntley throws

I think Huntley has beat us before at the helm rigjt? Anyone know? That means he is capable of and it's not a good sign.  Mellow Huntley is almost a replica of Ja'marr but not as nifty with his legs, same style.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 02:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I think Huntley has beat us before at the helm rigjt? Anyone know? That means he is capable of and it's not a good sign.  Mellow Huntley is almost a replica of Ja'marr but not as nifty with his legs, same style.

He has a weaker arm and worse legs then Lamar. He's similar in style but pretty significantly different in ability. 

Huntley has never beat us.
Reply/Quote
Is this the same backup QB we played against last year?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 02:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I think Huntley has beat us before at the helm rigjt? Anyone know? That means he is capable of and it's not a good sign.  Mellow Huntley is almost a replica of Ja'marr but not as nifty with his legs, same style.

We’ve not played Huntley. Since Lamar has come in, we’ve played him, Josh Johnson and Anthony Brown. He doesn’t have quite the arm either. According to Ravens fans, he likes to check down.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 02:32 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Is this the same backup QB we played against last year?

No. We played against Josh Johnson last year. Huntley was hurt against us.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2023, 02:12 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I don't know how good is the Raven's D line.. but run doses of Perine early and Mixon A LOT. then air out the TDs with our reliable WRs. We can score quickly, the key will be to run the clock and tire them out.

Ravens are 3rd in league against run and I believe over last 8 they are #1 against the run... i don;t think we will be able to run much against them... but we do have to try to get positive yards and not abandon it totally
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote