Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury update-week 16
(12-16-2023, 06:40 PM)pally Wrote: DJ Reader- "doesn't look good"  media was reporting a serious quad injury

Ja'Marr Chase-no information...the injury happened so late in the game that no imaging has been done yet

DJ Ivey-no update

Feel bad for Reader.  The Brown family needs to seriously raise hell to the league office about being scheduled for back to back short weeks, especially this late in the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No update for DJ but Zac didn’t sound optimistic with Lap after the game regarding his injury. Good to see Kappa and Carras returned.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 11:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Feel bad for Reader.  The Brown family needs to seriously raise hell to the league office about being scheduled for back to back short weeks, especially this late in the season.

Even Burrow was injured during a short week: a Thursday Night game. Always seems to be injuries in short weeks.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 07:46 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They need to make that a penalty (throwing a blocker into a Fair Catcher).

Someone's going to get seriously hurt if teams start purposely doing that.

I thought the same exact thing, that guy did that intentionally. Smart, but in my mind dirty play. It will be an unsportmanslike penalty soon.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2023, 11:46 PM)Whatever Wrote: Feel bad for Reader.  The Brown family needs to seriously raise hell to the league office about being scheduled for back to back short weeks, especially this late in the season.

Huh?

EDIT: Nevermind, I didn't realize it was 6 days each week.  Since TNF has come around I only thing of short week as a 4 day week.
Reply/Quote
Reader done for season with torn Quad tendon.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/12/16/24004274/jamarr-chase-injury-bengals-wr-shoulder-vikings?fbclid=IwAR2VlZyzLVmVO03EHAA0uIszEAoQUU7wHEzvzVMug3bZO0GGnJVN2ZaEl7o
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 01:39 AM)cinci4life Wrote: Reader done for season with torn Quad tendon.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2023/12/16/24004274/jamarr-chase-injury-bengals-wr-shoulder-vikings?fbclid=IwAR2VlZyzLVmVO03EHAA0uIszEAoQUU7wHEzvzVMug3bZO0GGnJVN2ZaEl7o

He's been good alot

He's been hurt alot
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Long term prognosis

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
Any updates on

Ivey

Ja’Marr

Charlie
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 10:30 AM)Whacked Wrote: Any updates on

Ivey

Ja’Marr

Charlie
nope....I wouldn't expect any real news on Ivey or Jones until Zac's press conference if anything.  I think Jones's injury was mild enough it won't even be talked about.  We will have to see if he is on the presumed injury report on Tuesday.  Ivey is going on IR.  The question for him, is it the ACL?
more specific news about Ja'Marr may trickle out later today after his complete imaging.  They are calling it a separation which generally means at least a grade 2 AC injury. Recovery and ability to play again this season is going to come down to what is the extent of soft tissue injury

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I like Reader, but think we may never see him in a Bengals uniform again.
Reply/Quote

Would obviously be huge if Ja’Marr doesn’t miss any time at all.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 10:39 AM)pally Wrote: nope....I wouldn't expect any real news on Ivey or Jones until Zac's press conference if anything.  I think Jones's injury was mild enough it won't even be talked about.  We will have to see if he is on the presumed injury report on Tuesday.  Ivey is going on IR.  The question for him, is it the ACL?
more specific news about Ja'Marr may trickle out later today after his complete imaging.  They are calling it a separation which generally means at least a grade 2 AC injury. Recovery and ability to play again this season is going to come down to what is the extent of soft tissue injury

Thanks Pally
Reply/Quote
Confirmed ACL tear for DJ Ivey
Confirmed Quad tear for DJ Reader
Ja'Marr has a sprained AC but nothing more specific other than they will monitor throughout the week. Zac said day to day several times

Yoshi will start in his place if needed

I wonder if they will bring up a couple of players from the PS to the 53 or with only 3 regular season games left just call up as needed

Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 05:29 PM)pally Wrote: Confirmed ACL tear for DJ Ivey
Confirmed Quad tear for DJ Reader
Ja'Marr has a sprained AC but nothing more specific other than they will monitor throughout the week.  Zac said day to day several times

Yoshi will start in his place if needed

I wonder if they will bring up a couple of players from the PS to the 53 or with only 3 regular season games left just call up as needed

Just last week Ivey was getting major props for his play. That was one rough game injury wise.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 12:05 AM)pally Wrote:

Let’s hope he can make it back for KC 
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 12:05 AM)pally Wrote:

Sit Jamar this week. If we win, sit him for week 18.

If we lose, sorry buddy, suit up, we need to win the next two.
Reply/Quote