Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury update-week 16
(12-19-2023, 12:53 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Sit Jamar this week. If we win, sit him for week 18.

If we lose, sorry buddy, suit up, we need to win the next two.

If we lose the odds of making the playoffs become pretty bad anyway. The last thing they should do is risk further injuring their superstar WR. If they can’t beat a terrible Steelers team led by Mason Rudolph then they don’t belong in the playoffs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 01:14 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If we lose the odds of making the playoffs become pretty bad anyway. The last thing they should do is risk further injuring their superstar WR. If they can’t beat a terrible Steelers team led by Mason Rudolph then they don’t belong in the playoffs.

I stand by if they go 10-7, they will get in. The rest will shake itself out. People act like all these (basically) .500 ball clubs with backup QBs are gonna run the table.

Go 2-1 and you’re highly highly likely to get in
Reply/Quote
People writing Steelers off forgot Bengals were being wrote off after when they were 5-5 with Burrow and struggling defense before Browning even started, now to think we we just run over a struggling group offense with a excellent def. Line at their house in a must win game is crazy. Now with Chase most likely out makes it even tougher.
Reply/Quote
MRI report reveals Chase is worse off than originally thought. Looks like he will miss at least Saturday's game.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 01:35 PM)M.W. Wrote: MRI report reveals Chase is worse off than originally thought. Looks like he will miss at least Saturday's game.

I'm reading may be longer
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 01:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I'm reading may be longer

that is what Rapoport reported last night.  We will have to see if Zac adds anything in this week's presser

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ahhhhhhh so not good

Time for Tee to go nuts! Great opportunity for him to showcase his ceiling - I'm sure his Agent told him the same.

"Time to shine young man and secure some loot"!
Reply/Quote
Zac is still saying day to day

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 03:02 PM)pally Wrote: Zac is still saying day to day

Mehh. Gamesmanship

He isn’t playing. He is too valuable and it’s too risky.
Reply/Quote
Projected report based on today's walk thru

DNP
Ja'Marr Chase-shoulder

LP
Chase Brown-sternum
Alex Cappa-knee/ankle
Cam Sample-knee

FP
Jackson Carman-illness
Joe Batchie-back
Jake Browning-right forearm (I suspect we will see this every week just to troll people like Florio)

no report for Charlie Jones who got dinged up on that punt return

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 03:02 PM)pally Wrote: Zac is still saying day to day

What about Saturday's game? LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 06:30 PM)pally Wrote: Projected report based on today's walk thru

DNP
Ja'Marr Chase-shoulder

LP
Chase Brown-sternum
Alex Cappa-knee/ankle
Cam Sample-knee

FP
Jackson Carman-illness
Joe Batchie-back
Jake Browning-right forearm (I suspect we will see this every week just to troll people like Florio)

no report for Charlie Jones who got dinged up on that punt return

Could be worse. This isn't terrible. Hope Chase can play in a couple weeks against the Chiefs so he can light them up again.
Reply/Quote
Cam looks like he is ready to come off IR next week. No sign of a limp

Reply/Quote
Ja'Marr Chase remains out of practice.

Everyone else was a full go

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 06:38 PM)michaelsean Wrote: What about Saturday's game? LOL

Good catch. I think I will trust you more than the Cincinnati Fox "Sports Guy" who thinks the game is Sunday.
Reply/Quote
What about Steelers' injuries? They are down at least one safety, with Kazee being suspended (his appeal was rejected today, so he is definitely out the next three games). I think the other safety, Minkah Fitzpatrick is likely out, or at least has not been practicing. Kenny Pickett was listed as limited practice and I think the Steelers are still hoping he can be cleared to play. Cameron Heyward, who had a concussion, was listed as a full participant today; I don't know what that means regarding this being cleared to play. Najee Harris was also listed as full participation.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 12:11 AM)Nepa Wrote: What about Steelers' injuries? They are down at least one safety, with Kazee being suspended (his appeal was rejected today, so he is definitely out the next three games). I think the other safety, Minkah Fitzpatrick is likely out, or at least has not been practicing. Kenny Pickett was listed as limited practice and I think the Steelers are still hoping he can be cleared to play. Cameron Heyward, who had a concussion, was listed as a full participant today; I don't know what that means regarding this being cleared to play. Najee Harris was also listed as full participation.

Fitz has been declared out since earlier in the week
Reply/Quote
And, of course, Cameron Heyward clears concussion protocol. Checked last game for concussion, deemed did not have concussion, finishes game, then they decide after game has concussion, but clears in time for Bengals game.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2023, 01:12 PM)Nepa Wrote: And, of course, Cameron Heyward clears concussion protocol. Checked last game for concussion, deemed did not have concussion, finishes game, then they decide after game has concussion, but clears in time for Bengals game.

isn't amazing how that always happens for Steeler players?  Same story last week for TJ Watt and Alex Highsmith

Ja'Marr Chase sighting at practice...he isn't but he is there with no sling

Reply/Quote