WR Stefon Diggs-illness
FS Jordan Pryor-knee
RB-Talwan Jones-hamstring

Limited
DE  Boogie Basham-calf
TE  Dawson Knox-hip
LB  Matt Milano-knee
NT Jordan Phillips-shoulder

Also, Morse cleared concussion protocol, per Sean McDermott.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 06:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:  

Let’s hope he actually plays. He talks a big game
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 09:56 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Let’s hope he actually plays. He talks a big game

Zac said he held him out of New England because of the temperatures.  He didn't want to risk a just healed muscle in that cold.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Would be really nice to have Hubbard available against the Bills but can see Zac holding him out an extra week just to make sure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 11:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would be really nice to have Hubbard available against the Bills but can see Zac holding him out an extra week just to make sure.

He already held him out a week! Let em play!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 04:14 PM)Garrus Wrote: I feel like OT has to be priority #1 this offseason right? Unfortunately, this draft class appears to be weaker in terms of OTs. At least that is what I have heard. 

Who knows? Maybe Adeniji plays RT lights out all the rest of the season and playoffs and superbowl..Last year was last year. Irwin was buried on the PS last year.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hubbard went limited!!! He may play
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
Hubbard practicing for a 2nd straight day. That at least means there was no escalation of the injury from yesterday's practice....fingers remain crossed

DJ not at practice...

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 03:43 PM)pally Wrote: Hubbard practicing for a 2nd straight day.  That at least means there was no escalation of the injury from yesterday's practice....fingers remain crossed

DJ not at practice...

I wouod be cautious with Sam. Sample played pretty well last week. And Ossai had made a big play seemingly every week (sack, fumble recovery, etc). 

I'd live to have him for Buffalo, but I want him for the POs more. 
Reply/Quote
Yeah, be cautious with Sam. Still, that is very encouraging. Didn't think he would play in this game at all a week ago.

Trey, Sample and Ossai did play pretty great against the Patriots.

But Hubbard might be the best End in the league playing running QB's right now. Would love to have him in there.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 03:43 PM)pally Wrote: DJ not at practice...

Uh oh. Why not?

(12-30-2022, 06:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: But Hubbard might be the best End in the league playing running QB's right now. Would love to have him in there.

Nailed it. Need him to contain Allen’s ability to scramble and run.
Reply/Quote
Injury Report 12/30

Out
La'el Collins-placed on IR
DJ Reader-not injury related/personal

Limited
Sam Hubbard-calf

For the Bills, Stefon Diggs returned to practice after an illness. Other than that no change from yesterday

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 06:11 PM)Whacked Wrote: Nailed it. Need him to contain Allen’s ability to scramble and run.

And when Allen does run put helmets on the ball, punch at it etc.

He can fumble a lot and our Defense is good at causing fumbles, namely Pratt and Bell.
Reply/Quote
I don’t see Hubbard playing this week.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 07:26 PM)jeremydc Wrote: I don’t see Hubbard playing this week.

He just practiced 2 days in a row so it is possible at least in a limited fashion that he does play.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 07:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And when Allen does run put helmets on the ball, punch at it etc.

He can fumble a lot and our Defense is good at causing fumbles, namely Pratt and Bell.

Agreed. Love me some Bell, Pratt AND Hendrickson & Wilson too in this one.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 07:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: ThumbsUp
And when Allen does run put helmets on the ball, punch at it etc.

He has 5 lost fumbles and runs a lot more than burrow who has 2. here is what worries me, some players start thinking turnovers and go in for tackle with bad technique  going for a fumble, I want to see great tackling first, contain him that is what is most important.. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 09:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He has 5 lost fumbles and runs a lot more than burrow who has 2. here is what worries me, some players start thinking turnovers and go in for tackle with bad technique  going for a fumble, I want to see great tackling first, contain him that is what is most important.. 

So i'm sure you've been happy to see how the Bengals usually have the first guy hold runners up while the 2nd guy comes in after the ball?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 09:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He has 5 lost fumbles and runs a lot more than burrow who has 2. here is what worries me, some players start thinking turnovers and go in for tackle with bad technique  going for a fumble, I want to see great tackling first, contain him that is what is most important.. 

PFF rankings for D
Tackling - Bengals 8, Bills 32

Tackling is one area that feels consistent with this team
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 09:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So i'm sure you've been happy to see how the Bengals usually have the first guy hold runners up while the 2nd guy comes in after the ball?

Bell said they practice it every week
Reply/Quote