Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Injury updates week 17
(12-30-2022, 09:54 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He has 5 lost fumbles and runs a lot more than burrow who has 2. here is what worries me, some players start thinking turnovers and go in for tackle with bad technique going for a fumble, I want to see great tackling first, contain him that is what is most important.. 

Well yeah, don't lose your technique in your tackling just going for the ball. But I could definitely see like in the KC game a big 
time game changing turnover in this one going our way if Josh Allen isn't very careful with the ball. And even then, what Rfaulk 
here says....

(12-30-2022, 09:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So i'm sure you've been happy to see how the Bengals usually have the first guy hold runners up while the 2nd guy comes in after the ball?

You can tell Pratt and the boys practice this all the time. YOU BETTER GET DOWN! Mad

(12-30-2022, 10:19 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: PFF rankings for D
Tackling - Bengals 8, Bills 32

Tackling is one area that feels consistent with this team

Figured as much when watching both Defenses. Smirk

(12-30-2022, 10:20 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: Bell said they practice it every week

Damn rights.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2022, 07:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He just practiced 2 days in a row so it is possible at least in a limited fashion that he does play.

How'd FP work out for Hurst last week?

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 11:23 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Would be really nice to have Hubbard available against the Bills but can see Zac holding him out an extra week just to make sure.

Need Hubbard for playoff games we are already in playoffs. So, he should be fully healthy before he comes back.
Reply/Quote
We do need DJ Reader for this game against the run. He has been getting some great push up the middle on passing downs as well, when we get Hendrickson and Hubbard closing in on back side forcing QB to step up it could be right into Readers arms if he plays 2 gap on both sides of his guy QB cannot leak out and led to few sacks for Reader.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 02:25 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: We do need DJ Reader for this game against the run. He has been getting some great push up the middle on passing downs as well, when we get Hendrickson and Hubbard closing in on back side forcing QB to step up it could be right into Readers arms if he plays 2 gap on both sides of his guy QB cannot leak out and led to few sacks for Reader.

There is no indication that DJ Reader won’t be available for the game.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
DJ back at practice today

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 02:25 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: We do need DJ Reader for this game against the run. He has been getting some great push up the middle on passing downs as well, when we get Hendrickson and Hubbard closing in on back side forcing QB to step up it could be right into Readers arms if he plays 2 gap on both sides of his guy QB cannot leak out and led to few sacks for Reader.

The bengals have never won a game when DJ Reader gets a sack. Last 2 sacks? Last year on Andy Dalton and then Matthew Stafford in the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 02:36 PM)Helldog Wrote: The bengals have never won a game when DJ Reader gets a sack. Last 2 sacks? Last year on Andy Dalton and then Matthew Stafford in the Super Bowl.

He has been in on more 3rd downs since Hendrickson and Hubbard has been hurt to play musical chairs with other guys trying to get more pass rush. Some of the depth guys have stepped up to help with the pass rush loss from injuries as well. Readers pass rush push up the middle seems to have improved recently.

As far as Reader getting a sack is a bad thing not really sure how you see any sack being bad weather, we win or lose the game. And last year is last year and this year is this year not sure how you think one affects the other.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 02:47 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: He has been in on more 3rd downs since Hendrickson and Hubbard has been hurt to play musical chairs with other guys trying to get more pass rush. Some of the depth guys have stepped up to help with the pass rush loss from injuries as well. Readers pass rush push up the middle seems to have improved recently.

As far as Reader getting a sack is a bad thing not really sure how you see any sack being bad weather, we win or lose the game. And last year is last year and this year is this year not sure how you think one affects the other.

Lmao. Don’t shoot!!! Was just an oddball stat! Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 01:23 AM)jeremydc Wrote: How'd FP work out for Hurst last week?

Cold game, Zac wanted to give him another week so Hurst could play in this one 100% pretty much...

I could see Sam being limited in this game because of Allen's running ability where Sam is the best in the league at Defending 
this type of QB. Doesn't mean he has to play a lot of snaps and risk reinjuring it. BTW, you sound a bit sour for a guy is supposed
to be a fan of a team on a 7 game winning streak heading into the back end of the season with the Playoffs clinched lol
Reply/Quote
Injury Report 12/31 game states

Questionable

Sam Hubbard-game day decision

everyone else is good to go

Buffalo

Questionable

FS Jordan Pryor-he was on the week 16 report and played but he had a at least one full practice last week and today he was still listed as limited

Everyone else is good to go

Reply/Quote
Hurst is off the injury report, and that should excite Burrow!

Quote:Joe Burrow and the Cincinnati Bengals’ offense are set to receive a key addition for Week 17, as TE Hayden Hurst was not listed on the injury report, per Adam Schefter. Hurst had previously missed time due to a calf injury. His status will give him time to prepare for the playoffs as the season winds down.

Hurst has recorded 400 receiving yards on 48 receptions to go along with 2 touchdowns through 12 games in his first season with Cincinnati. The Bengals’ tight end situation was questionable entering the season following the departure of CJ Uzomah. But Hayden Hurst has helped fill the void.

Hayden Hurst’s return comes at a perfect time for the Bengals. Cincinnati is gearing up for a pivotal matchup against the talented Buffalo Bills. The Bengals own the 3rd best record in the AFC entering play with a mark of 11-4. Meanwhile, Buffalo and the Kansas City Chiefs lead the conference with a 12-3 record apiece. A Bengals’ win would increase their chances of earning home field advantage in the postseason.

We're getting healthy at the right time!

Burrow will have a bunch of weapons to carve up the Bills' D!
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 10:15 PM)pally Wrote:

So you're saying there's a chance?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 10:38 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: So you're saying there's a chance?

I think he's saying there is over a 75% chance (25/32). 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2022, 01:23 AM)jeremydc Wrote: How'd FP work out for Hurst last week?

If there’s one thing we’ve learned about ZT, he won’t play someone unless they’re 100%. Ask Mixon and Chase. They were ready to play. ZT said “no”.

Hurst would fall into that same category. He may have been ready to go last week. But, given another week + and my guess he’s 100%.
Reply/Quote
I think Hurst will have a great game! The back up TEs have performed well but they are not Hurst.
Reply/Quote
If I was a betting man, which I am not, Big Sam will play tomorrow. This game just feels like it is a Sam Hubbard kind of game!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2023, 01:33 PM)sandwedge Wrote: If I was a betting man, which I am not, Big Sam will play tomorrow. This game just feels like it is a Sam Hubbard kind of game!

I think he sits. 

There are two possibilities: the decision to play him is either impacted by what happens with Baltimore/KC, or it isn't. 

If if isn't, then I think prudence & playoff precedence carry the day & he sits.

If the drcision is impacted by other goings on:

If Baltimore wins, then we have to beat them to win the division, period. No matter what hapoens vs Buffalo. Therefore that game is paramount. And he sits. 

If Baltimore loses then it gets more complicated. Prudence then says we can afford to lose a game & still win the division. I think we take our chances with Sample/Ossai & hope to win without him & give him extra rest. House money. 

Now, if KC loses as well, THEN I think the gamble might be worth taking, as the #1 seed AND another week of rest are on the table with a win. Some may say the #2 seed is also worth the risk. And I do think it is significant, but I also think we can do it without him. 

Therefore, I'd rest him. 
Reply/Quote
Unless he is really just isn't ready, I think he will be active but used sparingly based on how the game is going. He is available if he is needed.

Reply/Quote