Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insider Info On Marvin And Hue
A friend of mine is big in the media in Cincinnati on TV and does a lot of Bengals and sports reporting.

As I said was probably the case, Marvin just didn't want it leaked before the season was over but it is his last year (AMEN). He for sure told Schefter, which he knows everything before the rest of the press, and he probably just didn't think Schefter would release it before the game. The post-game presser was complete bs.

Bengals want Hue (which pissed me off because I want a clear, proven winner that will bring confidence here, and how can Hue do that after finishing 8-8 in Oakland after starting 7-4 and then only winning one game in two years in Cleveland? He's been Bungalized) but the Browns have no interest in letting him go (thank God), which baffles me because, do they enjoy misery?

We're not interested in McDaniel's (why would we want someone with an offensive mind from a good franchise? We're stupid), and could go after Gruden or could hire within, which would be a joke because (a) no one is qualified and (b) we need to change the culture here.

There it is.
Reply/Quote
So basically we already new all of this.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
F*** it. McDaniels may have failed the Broncos, but he's a better option than everyone else on that list. If only we were looking into giving him a shot...
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:26 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So basically we already new all of this.

There's a thread all about Marvin saying the reports weren't true.

There has been guesses on who we want as coaches but nothing certain.

I don't think anyone thought we'd go after McDaniels or that it was for sure that we'd go after Gruden, or hire within because everyone wanted us to clean house.

So, no, I don't think we knew much, if any, of this.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A friend of mine is big in the media in Cincinnati on TV and does a lot of Bengals and sports reporting.

As I said was probably the case, Marvin just didn't want it leaked before the season was over but it is his last year (AMEN).  He for sure told Schefter, which he knows everything before the rest of the press, and he probably just didn't think Schefter would release it before the game.  The post-game presser was complete bs.

Bengals want Hue (which pissed me off because I want a clear, proven winner that will bring confidence here, and how can Hue do that after finishing 8-8 in Oakland after starting 7-4 and then only winning one game in two years in Cleveland?  He's been Bungalized) but the Browns have no interest in letting him go (thank God), which baffles me because, do they enjoy misery?

We're not interested in McDaniel's (why would we want someone with an offensive mind from a good franchise?  We're stupid), and could go after Gruden or could hire within, which would be a joke because (a) no one is qualified and (b) we need to change the culture here.

There it is.

If the Bengals actually trade draft picks to get Hue Jackson as the next head coach, I'll likely be done with this franchise.
I say likely because if it's a 5th round comp or later pick, it isn't too extreme.
And yes, I realize you did not say there would be a consideration for trade of draft picks to get Hue, but it has been mentioned elsewhere.

Personally, I just want someone as HC who will recognize the sieve the Bengals have on OL and make that a priority.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hire from within.....do it.....put me out of my misery with this shit show.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:38 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals actually trade draft picks to get Hue Jackson as the next head coach, I'll likely be done with this franchise.
I say likely because if it's a 5th round comp or later pick, it isn't too extreme.
And yes, I realize you did not say there would be a consideration for trade of draft picks to get Hue, but it has been mentioned elsewhere.

Personally, I just want someone as HC who will recognize the sieve the Bengals have on OL and make that a priority.

I might be done regardless if they hire Hue as HC or hire from within.  

Time to move on and move forward.  

I'd almost like a college coach or even someone with no head coaching experience more than Hue just because we need a fresh new start and we need energy.  Hue would be a lame duck imco.  
Reply/Quote
It was more than obvious that Marvin lied at the presser to save face.

You're naive if you really think he has any inclination of coming back.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:41 PM)Wyche Wrote: Hire from within.....do it.....put me out of my misery with this shit show.

Dude...we are getting Jon Gruden. Havent you heard?  Hilarious
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude...we are getting Jon Gruden. Havent you heard?  Hilarious

My apologies....how could I have been so blind? Mellow Smirk

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I might be done regardless if they hire Hue as HC or hire from within.  

Time to move on and move forward.  

I'd almost like a college coach or even someone with no head coaching experience more than Hue just because we need a fresh new start and we need energy.  Hue would be a lame duck imco.  

TBH, we might need to stop following the Bengals while Mike Brown is the owner then. We know he's risk-averse and prefers familiarity.
All signs point to someone he already knows as being the next HC.
And more signs pointing to at least some of the assistant coaches being re-hired, even if a lot of the fans disagree.

As I've said in some other threads over the past couple months, this offseason will be very big when it comes to how much I care to follow the Bengals in 2018.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It's time for Marvin to go, but the Franchise is looking done for the next generation or two. This feels more like 1999 then 2002.

I'm feeling almost certain the Family will blow this moment.

That's Ok. Go Vikes!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I don't really care who is the next hc or even if there is one. The only thing I care about with this team is winning v losing and even losing is almost the same as winning with them. Because of revenue sharing they make money regardless. 
Here's a novel approach..let's all get our wives and girlfriends to swear that the entire Bengals organization molested them as little girls!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
So our options are a guy who owns a 9 - 37 record as a HC or the laziest hires imaginable. No wonder why they stuck with Marv for so long, their HC hunting process is a joke and they know it. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A friend of mine is big in the media in Cincinnati on TV and does a lot of Bengals and sports reporting.

As I said was probably the case, Marvin just didn't want it leaked before the season was over but it is his last year (AMEN).  He for sure told Schefter, which he knows everything before the rest of the press, and he probably just didn't think Schefter would release it before the game.  The post-game presser was complete bs.

Bengals want Hue (which pissed me off because I want a clear, proven winner that will bring confidence here, and how can Hue do that after finishing 8-8 in Oakland after starting 7-4 and then only winning one game in two years in Cleveland?  He's been Bungalized) but the Browns have no interest in letting him go (thank God), which baffles me because, do they enjoy misery?

We're not interested in McDaniel's (why would we want someone with an offensive mind from a good franchise?  We're stupid), and could go after Gruden or could hire within, which would be a joke because (a) no one is qualified and (b) we need to change the culture here.

There it is.

If the Bengals brass thought they could hire from within, these last two weeks took a big dump on that. The times we've needed them to really work their magic, they've choked. I say a fairly good shot we get an outside guy... at least I keep telling myself that for sanity and health reasons
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
There is a slim possibility that the team actually plans to do an extensive search for a great coach to replace Merv.. I have a feeling that if he is leaving he's going to wait until the last dog dies so they're left to scramble at the last possible moment to find a replacement..

Nah..I'm in favor of every single female in the greater Cincinnati area of swearing on a stack of Bibles that the entire Brown family molested them.. Even Katie! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:10 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: So our options are a guy who owns a 9 - 37 record as a HC or the laziest hires imaginable. No wonder why they stuck with Marv for so long, their HC hunting process is a joke and they know it. 

Well in all fairness with the technology of today such a caller ID, nobody worth anything will pick up the phone once they see the Bengals FO is calling. Doubtful MB even realized caller ID is a thing though..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:03 PM)jj22 Wrote: It's time for Marvin to go, but the Franchise is looking done for the next generation or two. This feels more like 1999 then 2002.

I'm feeling almost certain the Family will blow this moment.

That's Ok. Go Vikes!

Goo ol' Marvin.  He led us out of the dark ages and then right back again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Let's face it. An "extensive" search sounds expensive. That's a lot of flights, and dinners.

They'll send for candidates using Frontier. Whichever one actually shows will prove he's the one.

They feel confident Hue can drive from Cleveland. Which is why he tops their list, and you don't have to wine and dine the inside candidates.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:20 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Well in all fairness with the technology of today such a caller ID, nobody worth anything will pick up the phone once they see the Bengals FO is calling. Doubtful MB even realized caller ID is a thing though..... Ninja

Using the phones? Mike is going to send out interview requests via snail mail.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote