Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Insider Info On Marvin And Hue
(12-19-2017, 04:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Pretty much.

I still don't get how people on the one hand can be critical of Mike for considering re-upping Merv or hiring from within, but then turn around and say they want Hue as the head coach. We need to move on from Merv COMPLETELY. I don't want ANY of the coaching staff to come back. I don't care if some of them are good coaches. The best thing, IMO, is to completely re-do the entire coaching staff. From top to bottom. We don't want any "this is how we always do things". We need coaches to go, "Why the F** are we doing it THIS way?" Maybe then, Mike might actually change. 

I said, "maybe".

Yeah, even putting Hue's record aside, bringing him back would just be more of the same old, same old. He was part of this organization for years as a WR coach, defensive assistant and OC. Hiring Hue, Paulie or Simmons would just be recycling the same shit in hopes of finding a polished turd. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A friend of mine is big in the media in Cincinnati on TV and does a lot of Bengals and sports reporting.

As I said was probably the case, Marvin just didn't want it leaked before the season was over but it is his last year (AMEN).  He for sure told Schefter, which he knows everything before the rest of the press, and he probably just didn't think Schefter would release it before the game.  The post-game presser was complete bs.

Bengals want Hue (which pissed me off because I want a clear, proven winner that will bring confidence here, and how can Hue do that after finishing 8-8 in Oakland after starting 7-4 and then only winning one game in two years in Cleveland?  He's been Bungalized) but the Browns have no interest in letting him go (thank God), which baffles me because, do they enjoy misery?

We're not interested in McDaniel's (why would we want someone with an offensive mind from a good franchise?  We're stupid), and could go after Gruden or could hire within, which would be a joke because (a) no one is qualified and (b) we need to change the culture here.

There it is.

Yeah, this is kind of what i thought. Good start moving on from Marvin but as you say we need to change the culture
here and the only way to do that is clean house completely. Out of Hue and Jay i would definately take Jay but the guys
i want the most right now are Bill O'Brien or Russ Grimm, then let them pick their own coaches.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 04:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Yeah, even putting Hue's record aside, bringing him back would just be more of the same old, same old. He was part of this organization for years as a WR coach, defensive assistant and OC. Hiring Hue, Paulie or Simmons would just be recycling the same shit in hopes of finding a polished turd. 

....about like voting isn't it?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:18 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A friend of mine is big in the media in Cincinnati on TV and does a lot of Bengals and sports reporting.

As I said was probably the case, Marvin just didn't want it leaked before the season was over but it is his last year (AMEN).  He for sure told Schefter, which he knows everything before the rest of the press, and he probably just didn't think Schefter would release it before the game.  The post-game presser was complete bs.

Bengals want Hue (which pissed me off because I want a clear, proven winner that will bring confidence here, and how can Hue do that after finishing 8-8 in Oakland after starting 7-4 and then only winning one game in two years in Cleveland?  He's been Bungalized) but the Browns have no interest in letting him go (thank God), which baffles me because, do they enjoy misery?

We're not interested in McDaniel's (why would we want someone with an offensive mind from a good franchise?  We're stupid), and could go after Gruden or could hire within, which would be a joke because (a) no one is qualified and (b) we need to change the culture here.

There it is.

Your friend is a reporter?  He's hardly an insider.  
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 04:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: ....about like voting isn't it?

Pretty much.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
Would you guys take Jon Gruden as your new coach. I think it was a good move to get rid of Marvin. The Bengals are a great team but coaching is what is holding them back as far as what I can see.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 04:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And for the Raiders, they started off really good and then tanked to finish 8-8. It's not like he led them to a 12-4 record.

Let me begin by saying I don't think Hue, nor the 2011 Raiders are awesome.  With that being said, they were off to a 4-2 start when Jason Campbell got hurt, not bad but 4-2 isn't exactly an infallible start.  They lost Darren McFadden who was their best offensive weapon right after that, too.  I'm just saying he got a top 10 offense out of Jason Campbell, rusty Carson Palmer, and Michael Bush.  That and 4 or so WRs who were nameless bums.

I'm just saying Hue has done some OK things when he's given anything but bottom of the barrel talent so I'm not going to puke with anger if he ends up here.  Just think pleasant thoughts for 2015!

(12-19-2017, 04:29 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Would you guys take Jon Gruden as your new coach. I think it was a good move to get rid of Marvin. The Bengals are a great team but coaching is what is holding them back as far as what I can see.

Jon Gruden isn't coming here, so you may as well ask how we'd feel about having a unicorn as our HC.  I will say the Bengals have talent, but man...a "great" team wouldn't be as bad as the Bengals have been in the first 2 weeks and the past 2.5 weeks regardless of their HC. If this team just gets rid of Marvin and expects everything to be solved, they're in for a tough road.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I also wouldn't mind a Jim Schwartz.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 04:46 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Dude...we are getting Jon Gruden. Havent you heard?  Hilarious

Jay   Jay gruden
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 04:26 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Your friend is a reporter?  He's hardly an insider.  

He has insider access to people inside the organization and facts that aren't publicly known, so how is that not an insider?
Reply/Quote
I just read some info that Marvin was inside Hue Ninja

There it is
Reply/Quote