Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Early Season Comparison
Burrow - Yards 640, Completion # 70.7, TDs 7, Picks 4

Herbert - Yards 956, Completion # 69.8, TDs 6, Picks 3

I don't think the Bengals could have gone wrong with EITHER pick.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 07:39 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Burrow - Yards 640, Completion # 70.7, TDs 7, Picks 4

In terms of talent absolutely not.

In terms of attitude? Definitely
Reply/Quote
We gotta give Joey Franchise all due credit. After Thursday he now has nine TDs to four picks.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 07:41 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: In terms of talent absolutely not.

I think that's what the Bengals were banking on, but I could never make a statement like that because I've seen 0 tape of Herbert.

I know the Chargers 2-1 so far and one of their wins was against the Chiefs, and the stats posted above.

That's where my observation begins and ends.
Reply/Quote
I like Justin Herbert and think he will continue to do really good things. But, I also don't think he was the QB the Bengals needed to change the course of a franchise. Herbert didn't have to be the face of the franchise. His team didn't need to be weeded of bad influences. Joey B has the bravado and the extra bonus of the local connection that made the entire city get behind him before he even showed up in Cincinnati.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 07:54 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I think that's what the Bengals were banking on, but I could never make a statement like that because I've seen 0 tape of Herbert.

I know the Chargers are undefeated so far and one of their wins was against the Chiefs, and the stats posted above.

That's where my observation begins and ends.

I had Herbert in fantasy football last year so I watched him some and he's legit. I'll admit I've questioned if we made the right pick. Burrow is proving that we absolutely made the right pick. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 07:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We gotta give Joey Franchise all due credit.  After Thursday he now has nine TDs to four picks.

Obviously the comparison must be after 3 games since they don't have the 9 TDs.

We'll see how things add up after the Monday Night blood bath! Wink
Reply/Quote
Bottom line is they were looking at these 2 and Tua Tagovailoa, and he definitely would not have been a good choice.
Reply/Quote
Let me make the pick again right now and it’s still Burrow.
Reply/Quote
Justin Herbert is throwing it ALOT more than Joe Burrow but Burrow has been more efficient.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 08:03 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Obviously the comparison must be after 3 games since they don't have the 9 TDs.

We'll see how things add up after the Monday Night blood bath! Wink

Obviously.  

Don't care.  NINE, baby!!!!!  

Tiger Who Dey Tiger Who Dey

edit: Sorry, man, just being a dick LOL
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 08:15 PM)Synric Wrote: Justin Herbert is throwing it ALOT more than Joe Burrow but Burrow has been more efficient.

Yeah, Burrows efficiency is off the charts right now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 07:41 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: In terms of talent absolutely not.

This 
Reply/Quote
The only thing Herbert had over Burrow last year was the big explosive plays and the deep ball. And Burrow (with a lot of help from Chase) has become an excellent deep ball thrower. He’s actually been even better throwing the long ball this season than he has been with the intermediate stuff, which ofc was his bread and butter last year.

I think both guys are going to be total studs in this league for a long time.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only thing Herbert had over Burrow last year was the big explosive plays and the deep ball. And Burrow (with a lot of help from Chase) has become an excellent deep ball thrower. He’s actually been even better throwing the long ball this season than he has been with the intermediate stuff, which ofc was his bread and butter last year.

Agreed.  Using hindsight and assuming Joe's durability holds up, it appears the Bengals made the 'better' choice.
Reply/Quote
Also, those Burrow stats in the OP are not up to date. After the JAX game he’s at;

988 yards
9 TD’s 4 INT’s
72.9 cmp%
113.8 passer rating

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 07:39 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Burrow - Yards 640, Completion # 70.7, TDs 7, Picks 4

Ngl, I really loved Herbert leading up to the draft. I felt he had a bigger bust likelihood than Burrow, due to the lack or competition he faced and the type of offense he ran. I think I read that he locked into one guy a lot, or something like that.

All that said though, in an alternate reality where Burrow didn't exist, I would've been just fine had we taken Herbert. Great size, arm, work ethic and he was universally loved at Oregon.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Oh boy these kinds of threads are always such fun. Dalton/Kaep 2.0!

Ugh.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Ngl, I really loved Herbert leading up to the draft. I felt he had a bigger bust likelihood than Burrow, due to the lack or competition he faced and the type of offense he ran. I think I read that he locked into one guy a lot, or something like that.

All that said though, in an alternate reality where Burrow didn't exist, I would've been just fine had we taken Herbert. Great size, arm, work ethic and he was universally loved at Oregon.

I remember Zac Taylor talking Herbert up leading up to the draft too. I also remember the collective groan around here because of that. Justin Herbert's been nothing but impressive as a pro.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 09:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The only thing Herbert had over Burrow last year was the big explosive plays and the deep ball. And Burrow (with a lot of help from Chase) has become an excellent deep ball thrower. He’s actually been even better throwing the long ball this season than he has been with the intermediate stuff, which ofc was his bread and butter last year.

I think it'll be like comparing Elway and Marino from the 1983 draft.

These two are going to go down as legends, and I doubt either team will regret who they got.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote