Poll: Which 1
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Interior Oline Option
Spain's not with the team yet, but he's giving clues. With what we signed and have which Oline Option do you prefer:

Option 1: RG-CAPPA,/C-HOPKINS /LG-KARRAS

Option 2: RG- CAPPA/C-KARRAS/LG-SPAIN

Option 3: RG-CAPPA/C-KARRAS/LG_CARMAN
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Option 2 ser. Carmen should not be in the starting line up

Reply/Quote
I chose option 2 because I'd rather we sign Spain and let Carman beat him than giving Carman the job outright. With the money Trey is making, we could re-sign Spain and probably have 1 or 2 million left over.

Then all we'd need is our future RT.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:33 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Option 2 ser. Carmen should not be in the starting line up

I agree with option 2 as long as that means Carman is on the bench trying to develop and not being used as the RT.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Option 2, but not by much over the others. I think Spain did a nice job but faltered in the playoffs against some very tough competition.
Reply/Quote
I see the season starting option 2 and potential for #3 depending on how well Spain plays and how mich Carman progresses.
Reply/Quote
Option 2, all day. Burrow should be able to sneak for 2-3 yards when needed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Option 3 all the way. Carman is better at LG, Karras is an upgrade over Hop at Center especially in the run game and Cappa
is a RG all the way and a major upgrade. Expect to see big strides from Carman at LG in his second season where he is much
more comfortable with hand placement. If not, sounds like Spain will be back and when he was healthy was good.

D'Ante Smith also flashed good things at LG in the Preseason last year before he got hurt.
Reply/Quote
Wait, is Spain re-signed?
I didn't think he was.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Option 2 gives you a mix of 3 veterans and 3 developing younger guys in Carman, Smith, and Hill. Always go with the mix.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:33 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Option 2 ser. Carmen should not be in the starting line up

I have a suspicion that the team is preparing for those back problems to linger and put Carman into early retirement from football.  The draft will be very telling, if that indeed is the case.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Option 3 all the way. Carman is better at LG, Karras is an upgrade over Hop at Center especially in the run game and Cappa
is a RG all the way and a major upgrade. Expect to see big strides from Carman at LG in his second season where he is much
more comfortable with hand placement. If not, sounds like Spain will be back and when he was healthy was good...

I agree.  Option 3 Although if the Bengals are thinking about bringing Spain back, I would rather sign Connor Williams for 7 million a year vs Spain at 5 million a year.  That would be a nice improvement to the line without spending much more money
Reply/Quote
2 no doubt.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
2 because I don't want Hopkins, and I don't want to hand Carman the job if he couldn't win it from Prince and Adeniji last year.

Would like it very much if they signed another quality C or G to replace Spain in that trio, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Option 3 all the way. Carman is better at LG, Karras is an upgrade over Hop at Center especially in the run game and Cappa
more comfortable with hand placement. If not, sounds like Spain will be back and when he was healthy was good.

D'Ante Smith also flashed good things at LG in the Preseason last year before he got hurt.

Second the motion.
I don’t want any stench from the Super Bowl oline wafting around the team. Carmen gets no love either, let him earn it at training camp. I think he has all the tools to start plus a nasty presence on the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:38 PM)Synric Wrote: Option 2 gives you a mix of 3 veterans and 3 developing younger guys in Carman, Smith, and Hill. Always go with the mix.

I like this probably better after thinking about it. The way Bfine had the RG on the left and the LG on the right through me off.

Spain coming back insures we have a vet in case Carman doesn't play well enough to win the LG job.

(03-14-2022, 04:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I have a suspicion that the team is preparing for those back problems to linger and put Carman into early retirement from football.  The draft will be very telling, if that indeed is the case.

If this is the case you have to go with option 2. Just haven't heard this from anyone in the Bengal org about Carman still 
having back problems but as you know these things can linger forever.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 2 because I don't want Hopkins, and I don't want to hand Carman the job if he couldn't win it from Prince and Adeniji last year.

Would like it very much if they signed another quality C or G to replace Spain in that trio, though.

Or if Zion Johnson just happened to be sitting there at pick #31?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like this probably better after thinking about it. The way Bfine had the RG on the left and the LG on the right through me off.

Spain coming back insures we have a vet in case Carman doesn't play well enough to win the LG job.

If this is the case you have to go with option 2. Just haven't heard this from anyone in the Bengal org about Carman still 
having back problems but as you know these things can linger forever.

Absolutely.  Even though my football playing days would have been over within a few years of my injury anyway, it's still been 21 years since I've been able to do other activities I really used to enjoy, like waterskiing and basketball.  The turbulence on the water, and the shock from landing from jumps just sends shock waves through my spine.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2022, 04:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Or if Zion Johnson just happened to be sitting there at pick #31?

I'm hearing the Steelers really really like Zion Johnson.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote