Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intersting Scenario...It's not over yet
Could you imagine if this is the year we win a playoff game after an abysmal season ?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
If you think Philly is going to beat Pitt just watch Pedersons presser.. Yeah,  Marvin takes a lot of crap for his pressers and deservedly so, but Pederson sounds like a guy already looking for a job next year.
So much passion you say? 
 Man, watching that the guy looks like he's just a buck away from a DUI conviction ..
http://m.philadelphiaeagles.com/s/31567/Home?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sure it's possible.

But we need to count on BOTH the Ravens and the Steelers going 1-4 down the stretch, and the Bengals going 4-0.

Possible sure, but I won't be placing money on it.
Reply/Quote
This team has no business being in the playoffs this year.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 01:24 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Has anyone run the numbers on which scenario is cheaper for the Brown family? You'll find your answer is there.

Sad, but true....
Reply/Quote
It's our first win in over a month. I need more evidence before I throw my soul back out there to be crushed. I have already mourned this season. To make me hope again is just sick! ITS SICk I TELL YOU!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 08:42 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: So many pieces have to fall into precise places that it's just not realistic.  I want it to be, but that mountain's too tall to climb.   We may have two wins left in us and finish 6-9-1.  Sorry, but we're in definite Wait 'til Next Year mode at this point.

I think after next week, the scenario could get VERY realistic.  

Bengals should beat browns.  Pats should beat rats.  Bills can beat steelers...

Then, if Bengals are 5-7-1 facing 7-6 pitt, beating them makes is 6-7-1 and 7-7....half a game out.

The Ratbirds could absolutely lose to Philly coming off a short week when the Bengals take on pitt.  That would make them 7-7 as well.

Then, both teams desperate, I could see the Rats going in to pitt and ending the steelers.  Bengals have to beat the Texans, and then if they would beat the rats at home, it is their division.

I see the biggest IFs being this week:  Buffalo has to beat pitt.  Following week, Eagles have to beat rats.  I think the Bengals are feeling it and without a turnstile at RT, the way the defense is playing, and Zampeze finally moving Dalton around a bit...I think the Bengals could avoid a losing season and with the help of the Bills and Eagles, come out of nowhere to steal the division.  

We will know Sunday.  If steelers beat the Bills, they are all but in since they won't lose to Browns.  
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 11:13 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Don't do this to yourself.

One more week?  What's the harm?  I've been doing it for 40-plus years!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 07:36 AM)grampahol Wrote: If you think Philly is going to beat Pitt just watch Pedersons presser.. Yeah,  Marvin takes a lot of crap for his pressers and deservedly so, but Pederson sounds like a guy already looking for a job next year.
So much passion you say? 
 Man, watching that the guy looks like he's just a buck away from a DUI conviction ..
http://m.philadelphiaeagles.com/s/31567/Home?

Uh, Philly already destroyed pitt...something like 34-3.  They just need to beat the Ravens, coming off a short week.  Believe me, the short week late in the season isn't an easy thing.  
Reply/Quote
Their is 1 other scenario Broncos losing out bills losing 2 of 4 dolphins losing 2 of 4 and chargers losing 1.
Reply/Quote
I'm ready to move on to the draft.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 12:30 AM)magikod Wrote: no way the eagles beat them lol

eagles team that played PIT was on a roll then.

I believe the stats of the team that plays a team on a regular rest week when they are on a short week is less than 40% successful, straight up.  It is even less when they go on the road, but this one is at home for them.  

First step:  Bills and Pats must beat steelers and rats.  
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 03:45 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Their is 1 other scenario Broncos losing out bills losing 2 of 4 dolphins losing 2 of 4 and chargers losing 1.

Actually looking at all remaining schedules. This scenario has about a 20 percent chance of happening. Provided Bengals could win out, Broncos last 4 are brutal. Which have us going to Steelers as the 6 seed. 
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 12:00 AM)mcapuano Wrote: I am a very long time Bengals fan.  I want to preface what I'm about to say with that because it is not positive and I  think our fans will agree with me.

This team does not deserve to go to the playoffs.  

Period.

They deserve a big middle finger to Mike Brown and a boot to Marvin Lewis' and Mike Nuggent's ass.   Nothing against a ton of Bengal players.  But it's time to clean house. I'm more in favor of them cleaning house than them reaching the playoffs with this miserable season they've given us.  Sorry, not sorry. The fans deserve better and so does the city of Cincinnati.

Only because my wife and son are Eagles fans that I pay attention to that division.

The Bengals are no less deserving of a playoff appearance than the 2008 Giants were.  They finished 9-7 and had to have almost the miracle that is being described here for the Bengals to even 'make' the playoffs.

They did get there, got hot and very, very, lucky, which both are usually required to win the Lombardi.

They were NOT the best team in the league that year, by far!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 05:48 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Actually looking at all remaining schedules. This scenario has about a 20 percent chance of happening. Provided Bengals could win out, Broncos last 4 are brutal. Which have us going to Steelers as the 6 seed. 

Not how I want it to play out (I want the home playoff game of a division winner) but wouldn't it be amazing to beat them there in the playoffs?  Refs would be in full steeler mode, though...tough to overcome those assbags
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 03:45 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Their is 1 other scenario Broncos losing out bills losing 2 of 4 dolphins losing 2 of 4 and chargers losing 1.

I can't believe, after reading this, I just checked the schedules of these teams. Stop the madness!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2016, 09:49 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: We will know Sunday.  If steelers beat the Bills, they are all but in since they won't lose to Browns.  

So, Steelers' win = closure and piece of mind.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2016, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Uhh, the homer in me says "Sure, it can happen!".

The realist in me says "yeah, sure it will..".

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Steelers are most likely going to be winning the division this year. I doubt that they drop 3 out of their last 4. Even if we do beat them they almost have a guaranteed win against the Browns and they could easily beat the Ravens or @ the Bills. The Ravens will probably lose to the Patriots, but beat the Eagles. If the Ravens beat the Eagles that pretty much mathematically eliminates us from the playoffs, since the only way we could win at that point would be for the Steelers to beat the Ravens then the Steelers lose to the Bills and the Browns. That's all assuming we win out too. I would say we have about a 1% chance of winning the division. Too many things would have to happen, which I don't see happening.
Reply/Quote
I agree with everything you say, SHRacer, but the margin for error is so razor thin that I'd say there's a 1% chance of all this playing out. Me thinks the Bengals will rebound some, and finish like 6-9-1. The entire staff will be retained. Ogbuehi will obviously stick around as well. The most we can hope for is that Nugent gets replaced and maybe they give Ogbuehi some competition at Tackle. Maybe our top 12ish pick won't be a CB.

That's the realist scenario I can think of.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote