Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iowa Congressman Proposes Legislation to Block Harriet Tubman From Being on $20 Bill
http://ktla.com/2016/06/21/iowa-congressman-proposes-legislation-block-harriet-tubman-from-being-on-20-bill/

Quote:An Iowa congressman has proposed legislation that would block Harriet Tubman from replacing President Andrew Jackson on the $20 bill.

Republican Rep. Steve King introduced an amendment to bar the Treasury Department from spending any funds to redesign paper money or coin currency.

If the amendment is enacted, it would nullify the Treasury Department’s plans to replace the current image of Jackson on the $20 bill with a portrait of Tubman, one of the most prominent abolitionists for her work in the Underground Railroad during the Civil War. She would become the first black woman ever to appear on a U.S. banknote.

King’s reason for introducing the amendment was not immediately clear, and his office did not immediately respond to a CNN request for comment.

According to The Huffington Post
, which first reported the story, the Iowa Republican is hoping to attach his legislation to another bill that will authorize the Treasury Department’s funding.

The Treasury Department announced in April that it would switch out Jackson for Tubman on the $20 bill.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The choice really should have been Rosa Parks....because I order my money such that the 20's are at the back of my wallet
--------------------------------------------------------

First off, King is probably the biggest douchenozzle in Congress, definitely top three. Second, if you want to replace a US President with a black person it should really have been MLK. Being on US currency means your life contributed in a very significant way to the United States. There is no doubt that Tubman was a great person, her actions certainly heroic, but she no more belongs on US currency than Audie Murphy. MLK changed the fabric of the entire nation forever Quite sincerely, there has been no woman that has contributed enough to this nation's history to warrant displacing someone already on it. The reasons for that are numerous but the point stands.
(06-21-2016, 10:36 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The choice really should have been Rosa Parks....because I order my money such that the 20's are at the back of my wallet

Well done 
which beard took all the 50's and 100's? The 1st or the 2nd?

Didn't know professional Jr. kickball babysitters rolled with a stack like that. Must be really producing some real talent to keep that kind of gig long term.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-22-2016, 03:00 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: which beard took all the 50's and 100's?  The 1st or the 2nd?  

Didn't know professional Jr. kickball babysitters rolled with a stack like that.  Must be really producing some real talent to keep that kind of gig long term.

Do ever just ask yourself: Why?

As to the OP: Who cares which American is on the 20 dollar bill? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

i think we know who wont be using he 20 dollar bill anymore...
People suck
(06-22-2016, 07:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Do ever just ask yourself: Why?

Apparently King does.
Dear America-
We're sorry for Steve King.
Sincerely,
Iowa

There's a tee-shirt company here in Iowa called Raygun that sells these teeshirts.  I might pick one up. They also have a tee shirt that says,

IOWA
75% vowels
100% awesome

https://www.raygunsite.com/products/steve-king

Yes, Steve King is the swarmiest, greasiest, unclean, unfit, biggest horse's ass in Congress.  He's the type of ilk who gives Congress a bad name.

However, I don't think Harriet Tubman should be the person on the $20 bill either. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Why the hell does it matter who is on any currency? I wouldn't notice the difference between George Washington and Bill Murray if I carried cash (I don't - it's archaic and hard to replace if your wallet goes missing).

If this clown shoe doesn't want one person, then just move to remove all the faces from all forms of currency.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
I'd prefer Bill Murray
People suck
(06-22-2016, 07:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Do ever just ask yourself: Why?

As in what could possibly produce such volumetricly massive pieces of excriment?   No point in it. 
(06-22-2016, 07:12 AM)bfine32 Wrote:  

(06-22-2016, 10:16 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Why the hell does it matter who is on any currency? 

It's acknowledgment of someone who had a significant impact in this country. I don't really care if it's Tubman or not. As long as it's not Flava Flave, I can live with it.
I'm in the camp of people who don't care who is on the currency.

I just don't get why he's got a bug up his ass about it.
(06-22-2016, 11:15 AM)Benton Wrote: It's acknowledgment of someone who had a significant impact in this country. I don't really care if it's Tubman or not. As long as it's not Flava Flave, I can live with it.

what you got against giant clocks?
People suck
If you're going to replace someone on our money, why not replace someone who is on multiple things like George Washington or Abraham Lincoln?
(06-22-2016, 10:16 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: If this clown shoe doesn't want one person, then just move to remove all the faces from all forms of currency.

I am 100% behind this.
Some the most beautiful designs on currency have been of landmarks, landscapes, and animals.

Oh... cannot forget mythology and boobies.

[Image: 1896_5_bill_lrg.jpg]
(06-22-2016, 11:32 AM)Griever Wrote: what you got against giant clocks?

He's racist?  Ninja
(06-22-2016, 11:36 AM)PhilHos Wrote: If you're going to replace someone on our money, why not replace someone who is on multiple things like George Washington or Abraham Lincoln?

I agree.
I personally couldn't give a rats ass if they changed the faces on the currency. At best, all I care is that they are considered to be forces of change in America (for the better).

I am more upset over how they changed the money from what it used to be in the 90s to this big-headed nonsense the last decade or so.