Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Iran Situation
(01-07-2020, 08:15 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I get what you are saying, but innocent Americans will get killed either way. I'd rather be offensive than passive every time a USC is killed.  When your passive with a Terrorist group, it gives them legitimacy, and then they do bigger hits with out worrying about retaliation. You hit them every time they hit you, then it makes it harder for them to recruit and stay organized.

You guys hold Trump to his words and behavior and want him to face the consequences, so why the sudden double standards again? When you have the chance to take out a top leader of a Terrorist group, you take it. Just think if Bill had taken out Bin Laden when he had the chance, would 9/11 have still happened? 

All I can say is should have been done already.

Did you just “you guys” me with these freaks? LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Iran has now announced that they will attack the cities of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and Haifa, Israel if the US retaliates on Iranian land. Umm.......... what???
All this for impeachment distraction.

Costly price to be paid on both sides.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(01-03-2020, 01:52 PM)hollodero Wrote: I find it hard to compare this with the strike against Bin Laden. This was a totally different set of circumstances.

Bin Laden was not another country's high ranking official, but a terror network leader without any official backing. Who directly attacked the US in the most prolific terror strike ever. And who was a declared US target for years. No other country saw that strike as an act of war.

As for Putin, I am not willing to give Trump any credit for being BFF with him. Regarding real and not just highly speculative possible effects, only one of those two gentlemen's countries has benefitted.

That is because you are a logically thinking person.
I can't believe it took us this long to get to this point. Republicans have been teasing about bombing the hell our of Iran for a long time. McCain would sing about bombing Iran to the tune of an old Beach Boys song and he became the left-wing messiah as soon as Trump attacked him so I guess we are all-in now.

Finally, a war where I'm old enough to say "LET'S GET EM!!! I'm old and will sit here on my ass, but I support the hell out of your brave kids!"
(01-07-2020, 09:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I disagree.  We don't end terrorism by killing terrorists.  All we do is create more martyrs and enemies. 

The main point of conflict in the middle east is between two different factions of Islam.  The only time they are interested in killing Americans is when we choose one side over the other.

Bin Laden told us his exact motives for the 9-11 attacks.  EVERY SINGLE ONE of them involved actions we took in the Middle East.

So how do we end it?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(01-07-2020, 09:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Welp they launched rockets at our base in Iraq. Let’s see what kind of irrational response we muster up now.

So we have Iran bombing Iraq. 

(01-07-2020, 11:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't believe it took us this long to get to this point.  Republicans have been teasing about bombing the hell our of Iran for a long time.  McCain would sing about bombing Iran to the tune of an old Beach Boys song and he became the left-wing messiah as soon as Trump attacked him so I guess we are all-in now.

Finally, a war where I'm old enough to say "LET'S GET EM!!!  I'm old and will sit here on my ass, but I support the hell out of your brave kids!"

Would it matter at all to you if you were shown that the Trump admin got us out of more conflicts than they got us in?

(01-07-2020, 10:46 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: Iran has now announced that they will attack the cities of Dubai, United Arab Emirates, and Haifa, Israel if the US retaliates on Iranian land. Umm.......... what???

No surprise here. Now the ball is in the US court.

The US could let it rest now, call the two waves of ballistic missiles "peanuts." 

I don't think Iran will attack Haifa as a next step, if the US retaliates with a small attack.

But it Trump wants to make a "statement"--then remember that we are "safer" now and expect the war to spiral upwards, engulfing other nations, including Israel.
(01-07-2020, 11:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So we have Iran bombing Iraq. 

Our ally where our people are.

Jebus you can't even stand up for our military over Trump's foolishness?  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/01/07/iran-state-tv-tehran-fires-iraqi-base-housing-us-troops-ain-assad/2837693001/

Quote: Iran fired more than a dozen missiles at U.S. troops and coalition forces at two bases in Iraq on Tuesday, an apparent retaliation for a U.S. drone strike days earlier that killed one of Tehran's most powerful officials, Qasem Soleimani.

Though the extent of the damage was not immediately clear, the attack represented a major escalation of tension between Tehran and Washington that had already been boiling over for months. Both President Donald Trump and Iranian officials have threatened further reprisals if either side attacks.

Trump announced on Twitter he would make a statement on the attack Wednesday.

"All is well! Missiles launched from Iran at two military bases located in Iraq," Trump posted to Twitter late Tuesday night. "Assessment of casualties & damages taking place now. So far, so good! We have the most powerful and well equipped military anywhere in the world, by far! I will be making a statement tomorrow morning."

Donald J. Trump

There was no initial indication of casualties, according to a U.S. official speaking to USA TODAY on the condition of anonymity. Still, the official described the attack as "massive" and cautioned that the assessment was made in the predawn hours in Iraq on Wednesday.

It appears a hangar might have been damaged at the Ain Assad airbase, the official said. Troops stationed at that base did have advance warning of incoming missiles so they were able to scramble for cover, the official said. They’ve been practicing drills for some time.

"All is well" my ass.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-08-2020, 12:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: Our ally where our people are.

Jebus you can't even stand up for our military over Trump's foolishness?  

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/01/07/iran-state-tv-tehran-fires-iraqi-base-housing-us-troops-ain-assad/2837693001/

"All is well" my ass.

You have 0 idea what standing up for our military entails.

We love for the snake to bite its tail. 

(01-08-2020, 12:16 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You have 0 idea what standing up for our military entails.

We love for the snake to bite its tail. 

I have a pretty good idea it's not "Oh well Iran fired on Iraq" when our troops were fired on.

And I have a pretty damn good idea how some around here would respond to other fluffing off the military being attacked 'cause they take it very, very seriously when a even a joke is made about it.

Something, indeed, needs bit.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-08-2020, 12:21 AM)GMDino Wrote: I have a pretty good idea it's not "Oh well Iran fired on Iraq" when our troops were fired on.

And I have a pretty damn good idea how some around here would respond to other fluffing off the military being attacked 'cause they take it very, very seriously when a even a joke is made about it.

Something, indeed, needs bit.

I didn't say "Oh well Iran fired on Iraq". That's just you trying to infer something never said. I simply said we have Iran bombing Iraq.

Of course we take this attack seriously. You just might not know how seriously. 

All one needs to know about Trump's foreign policy goals is contained in the last 1/2 hour of a B-rated TV show from the 80's:

https://archive.org/details/The_Man_Who_Saw_Tomorrow_1981_VHSRip
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Apparently, a Ukrainian airliner justed crashed in Iran shortly after takeoff.

Wonder what happened there?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/07/middleeast/plane-crash-iran-intl-hnk/index.html?fbclid=IwAR0eMWv4vmr7SQ0SFhkNKUjzzsZFAh8RRg5gaQSJAXx-8fgsq5y5esykETU
(01-08-2020, 01:20 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Apparently, a Ukrainian airliner justed crashed in Iran shortly after takeoff.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/07/middleeast/plane-crash-iran-intl-hnk/index.html?fbclid=IwAR0eMWv4vmr7SQ0SFhkNKUjzzsZFAh8RRg5gaQSJAXx-8fgsq5y5esykETU

The terrorist leader that was killed was responsible for 1,000s of US deaths and it appears the state that supported him is willing to continue the trend.  But we want to clutch our pearls over how we eliminated this threat to American lives. 

(01-07-2020, 11:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So how do we end it?

Leave.

Stop fighting proxy wars. Stop fighting actual wars. Leave them to settle their own fights that have been going on five times longer (or more) than we've been a country. 

We've spent a lot of money and blood trying to claim something. 
(01-08-2020, 01:29 AM)bfine32 Wrote: The terrorist leader that was killed was responsible for 1,000s of US deaths and it appears the state that supported him is willing to continue the trend.  But we want to clutch our pearls over how we eliminated this threat to American lives. 

Not sure what that has to do with the Ukrainian airliner crashing, but I'm not shedding any tears over the dude.
(01-08-2020, 01:20 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Apparently, a Ukrainian airliner justed crashed in Iran shortly after takeoff.

I have zero confidence that this is a coincidence.
(01-08-2020, 03:16 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: I have zero confidence that this is a coincidence.

It is really eerie, however last time a jet liner went down in Iran it was because we shot it down. It is worth noting it was a Boeing 737, the same plane that has crashed a couple times over the last year almost immediately after take off.

Edit: Apparently different version of the 737.