Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Burrow Injured Badly?
(10-01-2023, 06:36 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Joe passed at 66 percent, but really no big play passes.  Longest completion was 17 yards.

He's the first QB ever to throw 150 passes in the first 4 games, and be going at under 5 yards per attempt. 
Reply/Quote
Yes, Joe Burrow is injured badly. It’s obvious. He can’t move. Besides the obvious calf issue, Joe is getting body slammed multiple times every game. He’s hitting the turf hard, early and often. This kazillion dollar offensive line and their inept coach isn’t doing Joe any favors either.

Letting Joe continue to start is bordering on abuse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Nope, he's handcuffed by Zac's playcalling.

OK, I'm not sure he's hurt as much as he's damaged.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:37 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Stats show he got hit 9 times, sacked three times, and fumbled once.  He certainly wasn't kept clean today

These other NFL coaches are not stupid.  They can clearly see Burrow is a sitting statue back there with no ability to move.  They are going to pin their ears back and come after him every down.  What is Burrow going to do?  He isnt going to run so he is an easy target and he isnt going to beat a defense throwing deep so he scares no one.  Defenses see Burrow as easy pickings right now and that is what he is.  Having Burrow out there hurts the team because the offense cant do anything with him at QB.  I dont care how much he is being paid, he needs to sit the bench.
Reply/Quote
Joes not injured badly. He’s ruined. Rodgers didn’t play this bad with the calf. It’s a dark reality that hit this season, and if we were honest there was no way he was going to make it 5 years anyway. We said his rookie year he couldn’t take this beating long or his career would be shortened. You hear that clucking outside of paycor. The chickens are home.

His fall is steep but foreseen. I can’t see the Burrow of old ever returning. The window is closed.

We’ll be chasing the 21-22 seasons for the next 5 years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:37 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It is fraud how much Burrow is getting paid and his performance.  It is ridiculous to think he is a top QB right now.  He SUCKS and this team got taken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This^^
Reply/Quote
He should have been an incentive based contract, like 20 million for winning the Super Bowl, but that's not how the league works. Letting Tee feel like he could actually be here long term, keeping Bates or Von Bell.

If you're that good you would have earned the 50 million anyway. Guaranteed contract makes sense because of the insane amount of money the NFL pulls in, but it has an effect on other players and the player themself. Imagine Zac sitting a 55 million QB to a backup who makes 800K that may play well. How do you compare a 800K QB to a 55 million dollar one lol. That money has created issues, but how much, nobody knows. His physical injury is the major problem, creating mental issues it seems too.
Reply/Quote
Stats for the year and he ranks near the bottom in almost every matrix. Really bad.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:30 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I’m out watching the game with people so we couldn’t really hear the announcers and I haven’t seen anyone mention it on Facebook, but is Burrow hurt?

The first play of the second quarter, Burrow’s arm got hit and they originally ruled it a fumble and then it got reversed, but did Joe hurt his shoulder or elbow on that play?

It looked bad and then every pass I remember seeing was floated to the receiver and had no zip.

Is he ok? Did they say during or after that he’s hurt?

Is Burrow going to get Bungalized?

He looked fine after that play. But he is going to do some upper body damage if he keeps trying to throw using only his upper body.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 07:05 PM)jj22 Wrote: Joes not injured badly. He’s ruined. Rodgers didn’t play this bad with the calf. It’s a dark reality that hit this season, and if we were honest there was no way he was going to make it 5 years anyway. We said his rookie year he couldn’t take this beating long or his career would be shortened. You hear that clucking outside of paycor. The chickens are home.

His fall is steep but foreseen.  I can’t see the Burrow of old ever returning. The window is closed.

We’ll be chasing the  21-22 seasons for the next 5 years.

I didn’t realize they had the exact same injury. Are you their doctor? Let’s hear more about it. Appreciate people with inside info posting. Thanks! 
Reply/Quote
Are we going to tank again for the top spot in the draft?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 03:20 PM)125250 Wrote: I didn’t realize they had the exact same injury. Are you their doctor? Let’s hear more about it. Appreciate people with inside info posting. Thanks! 

There’s a reason they’ve been in contact with each other. You don’t need me to tell you that. This old news.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Just wondering, if Burrow missing all preseason was supposed to heal his calf, and that didn't work, you really think him not playing a couple weeks now will? I think it's possible something in his leg is worse and they will wait for end of season to announce it, which could be in a couple weeks
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 03:57 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Just wondering, if Burrow missing all preseason was supposed to heal his calf, and that didn't work, you really think him not playing a couple weeks now will?  I think it's possible something in his leg is worse and they will wait for end of season to announce it, which could be in a couple weeks

I don't think we'll hear an honest report about the extent of Burrow's injury until it is announced as a response to the question "Why would you make zero changes following a disastrously disappointing season?"
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:32 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: He’s going to need to have his right arm amputated.

People doubt the existence of The Curse. If you don’t believe now, you never will.

Curse my ass Burrow was cloned and he was sent to the dimension where the Bengals has won 16 Superbowl rings since 1968. While we got the clone that plays like crap and makes silly decisions.

There is no CURSE it is bad choices made by the head coach and front office to play an injured player just to put people in the seats to recoup some of that 275 million. I know I have been screaming sit him out since he was injured and to not let him play till fully healthy it would have been the smart move, he would most likely be back by now fully healthy. We most likely would have a better record than now as well. But these simpletons are going to play him every game the rest of the season weather he heals or not.
Reply/Quote
per Zac, Joe is starting on Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:13 PM)pally Wrote: per Zac, Joe is starting on Sunday

So we're 6 days away from another disaster. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 04:25 PM)Bengalion Wrote: So we're 6 days away from another disaster. 

In all fairness, only 50% of the games this year have looked like near instant disasters with a QB playing at 25% capacity and leading to a completely uncompetitive game.  Perhaps sunday's game in AZ will the be proverbial rubber match.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 03:57 PM)sloSTI Wrote: Just wondering, if Burrow missing all preseason was supposed to heal his calf, and that didn't work, you really think him not playing a couple weeks now will?  I think it's possible something in his leg is worse and they will wait for end of season to announce it, which could be in a couple weeks

No, I dont think anyone realistically thinks that sitting him until the Niners game will magically heal his calf, but that ploughing along this same road where we're just sending a limited QB out there to start and risk further damage, is a bad idea.

Maybe there's more to it than they're letting on, who knows. But what we do know is the calf is clearly still an issue, and Burrow can't play properly. It's not like we're getting great production out of him. What is the purpose of sending him out there week after week? 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He stares receivers down too.

He does not pump fake to get WR open. He does not jump and throw over D-linemen outstretched hands which leads to tipped passes. {Even Tenn. RB knew to do this} But Burrow will stand flat footed and throw directly at a lineman he could sidestep as well to open lanes, but he doesn't. I do not think the guy gets corrected on anything they said when they drafted him Joe is the smartest one in the room that is when the head coach OC and QB coach was in the room. They treat him like that nobody try's to get the guy to change stuff to improve. What they always say is Joe is the hardest worker on this team and he is harder on himself then any coach can be. I truly think Burrow is smarter than Zac the OC and QB coach that is why he will never excel under this coaching staff.
Reply/Quote