Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Burrow Injured Badly?
(10-01-2023, 05:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I mean he's looked terrible all season. Hard to tell if he got worse or not.

He looks like a shell of his former self. Not just physically, but how he processes plays.

The whole team looks broken. Stale. Uninspired. Minus the defensive line. They are playing hard.

I'd add Mixon to the playing hard group too. Otherwise, garbage.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 11:33 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think those must just be their pass blocking grades. I saw another set of numbers with Volson as the highest graded Bengal from that game. Apparently his run blocking grade was in the 90’s or something.

It was a 92 iirc.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 02:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd add Mixon to the playing hard group too. Otherwise, garbage.

I realize his play isn't helped by Burrow's inept passing, which is odd since Burrow's passing should have helped Mixon the last 2 years, but he's still under league average on YPC. Good for Mixon is still below average, and being the best performer on our team is sad lol.

It's not a good look for the league for Burrow to be paid so much and perform so poorly. For a league driven by stories I can't believe we will win so few games this year...we keep referencing last year and it's hard to remember being 2-3 after we won 11 straight. We weren't dominant in all those wins but we knew how to close. I think we've become the team that can't come from behind now, which is how we won most of our games before.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 09:43 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I realize his play isn't helped by Burrow's inept passing, which is odd since Burrow's passing should have helped Mixon the last 2 years, but he's still under league average on YPC. Good for Mixon is still below average, and being the best performer on our team is sad lol.

It's not a good look for the league for Burrow to be paid so much and perform so poorly. For a league driven by stories I can't believe we will win so few games this year...we keep referencing last year and it's hard to remember being 2-3 after we won 11 straight. We weren't dominant in all those wins but we knew how to close. I think we've become the team that can't come from behind now, which is how we won most of our games before.

watching this nightmare unfold with JB makes me wonder what is the Plan B with him....is there any escape clause on that 219M he just bagged?
Any performance requirements tied to that contract? This would explain why he keeps wanting to play injured.   
Reply/Quote
Stunned there are so many people here who legit want to get rid of burrow. He’s still a top 4 QB in the NFL behind mahomes Allen and tua.
Reply/Quote
Have people considered that the reason the Bengals have not pursued a viable QB while Joe heals is money?
It wouldn't surprise me if JB is getting some pressure from upper management to play through the injury.

I can hear Mike Brown now, "Now Joe, we're paying you a lot of money to be quarterback of the Bengals and we have certain expectations."

Bengals management does not like to pay for fired coaches.  I would also think that they do not like to pay players not to play while also having to spend unused cap dollars on replacements.  

I just don't see JB as the kind of guy that pushes himself into a role he can't fulfill.  Also, I've never trusted Mike Brown due to his track record.  In 2021, JB coming off major knee surgery, the atrocious OL that they used to block for him.  If MB was really concerned about his $275 million dollar investment, why the hell would he be playing when he can't run or throw down the field?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 11:40 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Have people considered that the reason the Bengals have not pursued a viable QB while Joe heals is money?
It wouldn't surprise me if JB is getting some pressure from upper management to play through the injury.

I can hear Mike Brown now, "Now Joe, we're paying you a lot of money to be quarterback of the Bengals and we have certain expectations."

Bengals management does not like to pay for fired coaches.  I would also think that they do not like to pay players not to play while also having to spend unused cap dollars on replacements.  

I just don't see JB as the kind of guy that pushes himself into a role he can't fulfill.  Also, I've never trusted Mike Brown due to his track record.  In 2021, JB coming off major knee surgery, the atrocious OL that they used to block for him.  If MB was really concerned about his $275 million dollar investment, why the hell would he be playing when he can't run or throw down the field?

All of this makes sense, except it assumes Mike Brown is dumb, which is one thing you CANNOT say about him.

Frankly, I think it's Joe the competitor wanting to be out there no matter what.  Regardless of that opinion however, whoever is making the decision needs to look at Joe's past and current mechanics then realize his mechanics are complete shyt right now because he can't push off his leg or plant and create a solid base and throw with touch, accuracy and feel.
Reply/Quote
I think many people have called Mike Brown dumb, or lazy. Guess we have recency bias. Rich does not make someone smart.

What is Burrow hoping to do out there having to change his mechanics temporarily? Does he think the Bengals are built to win with him trying to use broken mechanics? He won't need those mechanics next year.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 02:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: It was a 92 iirc.

92.0 Run Block, 37.6 Pass Block
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 05:05 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I think many people have called Mike Brown dumb, or lazy. Guess we have recency bias. Rich does not make someone smart.

What is Burrow hoping to do out there having to change his mechanics temporarily? Does he think the Bengals are built to win with him trying to use broken mechanics? He won't need those mechanics next year.

Unless that calf comes back to haunt next preseason  Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Who is Rauch trying to kid? That clip doesn't show much at all. Practice throws with nobody around and game speed conditions are quite different.
Reply/Quote
Looks like a nice 2024 draft to replace "Joe "Homer Bailey' Burrow." I like the Quinn Ewers kid who bailed on Ohio State. Or, Jaxson Dart is an option.
Reply/Quote
Good news it looks like he was way more mobile in practice today. A couple Twitter guys who watch the practices said he was moving my better and they even went through more plays where he’s designed to move a bit and he was ok.

Was also jogging pretty roughly today too
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 08:49 PM)Chezaugie Wrote: Looks like a nice 2024 draft to replace "Joe "Homer Bailey' Burrow." I like the Quinn Ewers kid who bailed on Ohio State. Or, Jaxson Dart is an option.

Hoping a guy like Nix falls to a lower round simply because he’s old as hell and no one wants to draft an old guy super high. I was actually all in on Stetson Bennett. Felt he could’ve backed up Burrow for 10 years.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 09:43 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I realize his play isn't helped by Burrow's inept passing, which is odd since Burrow's passing should have helped Mixon the last 2 years, but he's still under league average on YPC. Good for Mixon is still below average, and being the best performer on our team is sad lol.

one thing this year is settling is Burrow is not in Mahomes league .
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2023, 09:06 PM)Housh Wrote: Good news it looks like he was way more mobile in practice today. A couple Twitter guys who watch the practices said he was moving my better and they even went through more plays where he’s designed to move a bit and he was ok.

Was also jogging pretty roughly today too

i think we have heard this record before
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:52 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've noticed Volson getting blown 5 yards deep into the backfield nearly as quick as the ball getting there, on many occasions. I haven't seen Cappa getting beat that bad. Perhaps I've just been so stunned by how regularly Volson gets abused? 

If the guy gets blown up again this week (which he's sure to do) and the coaches don't move Karras to LG and give Trey Hill a shot at C, they're totally incompetent and just sitting back "hoping", which is a massive hill of bullshit.

That and they should have already been making more of an effort to run the ball. Mixon is playing better this year. Not that they should run him 30 times a game but he should be getting about 5 more a game than he has. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 02:24 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd add Mixon to the playing hard group too. Otherwise, garbage.

Mixon has shut me up from the opening gun.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we don’t waste a good year from Mixon given they may be far and few in the coming years.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote