Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Burrow Injured Badly?
Here's hoping ya'll got all this out of your system.

I've read:

Burrow stares down receivers.
He has no pocket awareness.
He's damaged/broken/ruined
he sucks and this team got taken.

I have to imagine most, if not all of these posts aren't actually serious. Where's the mention on drops stalling drives? As bad as Burrow has been, we could very well be sitting with a better record if our other offensive pieces did their jobs to half of the standard we expect Burrow to.

All I'm saying is this: We've all been gifted the ability to see a super bowl run and Back to Back AFCCG's.... yes, going 1-3 is awful but we know why it's happening. Let's not get to the point where we start dumping trash on his lawn too.

Zac's a now-proven great coach, Burrow's hurt and the playbook is very diluted. There's nothing else to it.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 05:03 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Here's hoping ya'll got all this out of your system.

I've read:

Burrow stares down receivers.
He has no pocket awareness.
He's damaged/broken/ruined
he sucks and this team got taken.

Trust me they haven’t. Some of these guys fall completely to pieces at the first sign of adversity (just look at the GDT’s). We have a few world class chicken littles here.

Burrow has overcome adversity every step of the way in both college and pros. I have no doubt he’ll do it again. Just seems like it’s going to take longer than we’d like this time. These “he’s ruined” posts will end up looking as ridiculous as so many of their other takes over the years though.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Trust me they haven’t. Some of these guys fall completely to pieces at the first sign of adversity (just look at the GDT’s). We have a few world class chicken littles here.

Burrow has overcome adversity every step of the way in both college and pros. I have no doubt he’ll do it again. Just seems like it’s going to take longer than we’d like this time. These “he’s ruined” posts will end up looking as ridiculous as so many of their other takes over the years though.

I have no doubt Joe Burrow will be back. It's just gonna take a bit longer than most of us expected. I'm just praying they don't get him killed. That guard M. Jordan isn't around is he? Gaah
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 05:03 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Zac's a now-proven great coach

Hilarious
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:24 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I have no doubt Joe Burrow will be back. It's just gonna take a bit longer than most of us expected. I'm just praying they don't get him killed. That guard M. Jordan isn't around is he? Gaah

The OL grades from yesterday:

Orlando Brown: 78.2
Jonah Williams: 71.8
Ted Karras: 58.6
Cordell Volson: 37.6
Alex Cappa: 36.4

The guards are definitely playing like that Mike Jordan right now.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: These “he’s ruined” posts will end up looking as ridiculous as so many of their other takes over the years though.

In all fairness, the most recent ridiculous take is the one that Burrow will be good to go for game 1. I chose to believe it, and the guy has looked at times like he's ready for the XFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The OL grades from yesterday:

I've noticed Volson getting blown 5 yards deep into the backfield nearly as quick as the ball getting there, on many occasions. I haven't seen Cappa getting beat that bad. Perhaps I've just been so stunned by how regularly Volson gets abused? 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The OL grades from yesterday:

You dare bring that name up in here?!
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:56 PM)Destro Wrote: You dare bring that name up in here?!

BF74 did first. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness, the most recent ridiculous take is the one that Burrow will be good to go for game 1. I chose to believe it, and the guy has looked at times like he's ready for the XFL.

I don’t follow the XFL but I’m pretty sure those guys have to be able to complete passes over 10-15 yards. Burrow doesn’t look like he’s ready for the XFL. He looks like he shouldn’t be playing competitive football at any level right now.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 08:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t follow the XFL but I’m pretty sure those guys have to be able to complete passes over 10-15 yards. Burrow doesn’t look like he’s ready for the XFL. He looks like he shouldn’t be playing competitive football at any level right now.

[Image: 3vj6lm.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

He literally said asking about Burrow starting this weekend was a “strange question.”

But it’s definitely Mike Brown forcing him…

[Image: right-dr-evil.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He literally said asking about Burrow starting this weekend was a “strange question.”

No doubt. Anyone who doesn't know suggests something is definite; is to be mocked. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He literally said asking about Burrow starting this weekend was a “strange question.”

They asked him why Burrow was in late against the Titans and he was like Score and 2 pt conversion and you're only down 2 scores...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:37 PM)J24 Wrote: He has no mobility and he can't push off his leg. He is clearly hurt not close to being playable right now.

But the genius Zac Taylor said he’s ok as if we all don’t have eyeballs.

I hate pure liars. What Zac is doing isn’t “playing the media” it’s straight lying.

Zac better realize if he continues to say Burrow is healthy that just means all the blame goes to him and his shitty offense. So he’d better start being truthful soon because it’s gonna be real easy to fire him if this continues. Keep in mind the offense NEVER took that final step. Our offense has always kinda sucked with Zac. Chase and Tee were just gods
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 07:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The OL grades from yesterday:

You’ve got 2 solid tackles and 2 solid interior guys

I think these rating are all on Joe not moving AT ALL.

The interior guys are closer to the QB so of course those lineman will look worse if Joe isn’t moving.

Unless someone wants to convince me that Cappa and Karras both forgot how to play football then we’ve gotta accept the line looking so bad is on Zac, Burrow and Pollack.

This is now 3 iterations of lineman and they all look trash. Atp it’s not the players
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2023, 11:29 AM)Housh Wrote: You’ve got 2 solid tackles and 2 solid interior guys

I think these rating are all on Joe not moving AT ALL.

The interior guys are closer to the QB so of course those lineman will look worse if Joe isn’t moving.

Unless someone wants to convince me that Cappa and Karras both forgot how to play football then we’ve gotta accept the line looking so bad is on Zac, Burrow and Pollack.

This is now 3 iterations of lineman and they all look trash. Atp it’s not the players

I think those must just be their pass blocking grades. I saw another set of numbers with Volson as the highest graded Bengal from that game. Apparently his run blocking grade was in the 90’s or something.

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2023, 09:27 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote:

I don't mind if Burrow starts on Sunday, but open up the f***ing playbook. If Joe can't handle it yet, sit him down and play someone who can.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2023, 05:37 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: It is fraud how much Burrow is getting paid and his performance.  It is ridiculous to think he is a top QB right now.  He SUCKS and this team got taken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wrong Joe took a paycut
Reply/Quote