Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Burrow's latest injury FINALLY the impetus to going all out improving the O-line?
I mean, at this point IT HAS TO BE, right?
If ownership stands pat with the O-line now... it's borderline CRIMINAL.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:24 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I mean, at this point IT HAS TO BE, right?

I posted this in another thread. But they started too. We thought we were going to have a much improved line. We brought in Orlando Brown Jr. from the chiefs and we thought we had a huge improvement, but he's rated 48th out of 64 starting tackles so far this year. There's a reason that the chiefs fan base was thrilled to be rid of him. Maybe it's coaching. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:30 PM)ochocincoftw Wrote: I posted this in another thread. But they started too. We thought we were going to have a much improved line. We brought in Orlando Brown Jr. from the chiefs and we thought we had a huge improvement, but he's rated 48th out of 64 starting tackles so far this year. There's a reason that the chiefs fan base was thrilled to be rid of him. Maybe it's coaching. 

OK, so a coaching change is in order then, too, yes?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:24 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I mean, at this point IT HAS TO BE, right?

Yes it is. Expecting a RT and a LG in Free Agency and a new OL coach. Do it.
Reply/Quote
It BETTER be
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Volson sucks and needs to be replaced immediately. Williams will probably be too expensive to re-sign. They have work to do.
Reply/Quote
We were rushing for 8 yards a carry...and they kept dropping him back to throw against the team that leads the nfl in sacks.

The line is improved. If you pass 75% of the times, teams will blitz you.

Volson needs replaced.

Zac calls plays like this is Madden.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:42 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Volson sucks and needs to be replaced immediately. Williams will probably be too expensive to re-sign. They have work to do.

I wonder if they will replace Volson this offseason. Its going to be interesting the rest of the year because they will lean on the run game so we should see them open up the playbook in that regard a little. 

As for Jonah Williams I believe this will be his last year in stripes even if the Bengals do offer him a competitive contract. We can't forget he was not happy about the Orlando Brown situation and while he has been a complete professional this entire time I can see him telling the front office FU. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:50 PM)Synric Wrote: I wonder if they will replace Volson this offseason. Its going to be interesting the rest of the year because they will lean on the run game so we should see them open up the playbook in that regard a little. 

As for Jonah Williams I believe this will be his last year in stripes even if the Bengals do offer him a competitive contract. We can't forget he was not happy about the Orlando Brown situation and while he has been a complete professional this entire time I can see him telling the front office FU. 

I wonder, too. If I were to bet, i’d say Tobin let’s him “develop.”
Reply/Quote
least athletic o-line in the leaggue, and thats even with OBJr removed

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We were rushing for 8 yards a carry...and they kept dropping him back to throw against the team that leads the nfl in sacks.

The line is improved. If you pass 75% of the times, teams will blitz you.

Volson needs replaced.

Zac calls plays like this is Madden.

You are correct on all counts here. Other than Cordell Volson I think the Bengals have the right offensive line personnel but the blocking schemes and coaching are from a bygone era. Watch the Ravens’ offensive line or the Texans’ offensive line and you’ll see a modern twist on gap and trap blocking. I will never forget Lamar Jackson having eleven seconds to throw like he did last night.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have or potentially are going to have alot of holes to fill. I'm fine with Jonah but I would like to see an upgrade for Volson. A top 10 pick will put us in good position to get an elite tackle if we don't sign Volson. But if we let Jonah go we need to put that money somewhere else. This needs to be an urgent off-season because I believe we are looking at a mini rebuild. If they go in with the standard of not doing anything in free agency and letting Jonah walk and our only OL addition is replacing him. We are fooling ourselves to think the cycle won't repeat. The has changed somethings the last few years and it's time to keep those trends continuing. If we do sign some of our own key free agents Jonah and Reader. I'd say trade back in the 1st and get an extra day 2 pick. We could go Guard in the 1st and go Dline corner WR on day 2.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: You are correct on all counts here.  Other than Cordell Volson I think the Bengals have the right offensive line personnel but the blocking schemes and coaching are from a bygone era.  Watch the Ravens’ offensive line or the Texans’ offensive line and you’ll see a modern twist on gap and trap blocking.  I will never forget Lamar Jackson having eleven seconds to throw like he did last night.

Yea, I remember that play as he had time to direct traffic downfield. He had time to wave a guy off and redirect him the other way. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:32 PM)Tomkat Wrote: OK, so a coaching change is in order then, too, yes?

we have basically replaced 4 of 5 spots the last 2 years so coaching is the common factor
Reply/Quote
If they would have drafted the center over Carman and still brought in the players they did from FA you would have

OBJ
Karras
That crazy good center
Cappa
Williams
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:57 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I wonder, too. If I were to bet, i’d say Tobin let’s him “develop.”

As long as we get a new OL coach, I would keep Volson around for depth and he can develop there behind a proven LG that we
get in FA. Volson is still very versatile and young. A new OL coach might be able to get the best out of him as a depth player.

(11-17-2023, 06:14 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: The Bengals have or potentially are going to have alot of holes to fill. I'm fine with Jonah but I would like to see an upgrade for Volson. A top 10 pick will put us in good position to get an elite tackle if we don't sign Volson. But if we let Jonah go we need to put that money somewhere else. This needs to be an urgent off-season because I believe we are looking at a mini rebuild. If they go in with the standard  of not doing anything in free agency and letting Jonah walk and our only OL addition is replacing him. We are fooling ourselves to think the cycle won't repeat. The has changed somethings the last few years and it's time to keep those trends continuing. If we do sign some of our own key free agents Jonah and Reader. I'd say trade back in the 1st and get an extra day 2 pick. We could go Guard in the 1st and go Dline corner WR on day 2.

Doubt Jonah re-signs here even if we offer him good money. He probably still is mad about how the coaches and the FO 
replaced him with Orlando Brown without telling him and he probably still wants to play LT. The good thing is that there will 
be proven RT's in Free Agency who have primarily played RT and that don't have Jonah's injury history and would be cheaper.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:22 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: If they would have drafted the center over Carman and still brought in the players they did from FA you would have

OBJ
Karras
That crazy good center
Cappa
Williams

yea I do not trust Duke with o-line. I dont even like him with d-line

he needs to evaluate his trench evaluations 

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Draft a game changing edge rusher and then 6 OL. Hopefully, 3 will stick.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Doubt Jonah re-signs here even if we offer him good money. He probably still is mad about how the coaches and the FO 
replaced him with Orlando Brown without telling him and he probably still wants to play LT. The good thing is that there will 
be proven RT's in Free Agency who have primarily played RT and that don't have Jonah's injury history and would be cheaper.

I have absolutely no faith the Bengals put the kind of money out in FA to get a RT that is better than Jonah. I don't disagree about Jonah not wanting to resign. But if we can't sign him a tackle should be the pick in rd 1.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes it is. Expecting a RT and a LG in Free Agency and a new OL coach. Do it.

That would be a good way to start,in getting this OL fixed.But first,Pollack has to go.
We don’t want him corrupting any of our new recruits.
Reply/Quote