Poll: Is Dalton A Top Ten Quarterback?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Dalton A Top Ten Quarterback?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000669961/article/andy-dalton-top10-quarterback-top-100-ranking-stokes-great-debate

The debate has begun. With his injury its hard to know what would've happened last season and obviously only speculation but lets hope he grows more in this upcoming season.

What ya think guys top 10?
Reply/Quote
Based off of last season yes. If 2015 was an anomaly, then no.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The people who actually play in the league seem to think so.
Reply/Quote
Yes, and I have been arguing that he was since the end of 2013.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 05:27 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yes, and I have been arguing that he was since the end of 2013.

Really?  Hadn't noticed.
Reply/Quote
Everyone says he's a top 10 QB in that article besides Carr. Sure, they speculate the post season (O'Hara, Carr, and Ike).

But Ike said he will take Dalton any day over Luck in the regular season. Heck, there was even one who said he was playing like a top 5 QB.

But yes, Dalton is a top 10 QB. Some playoff wins and there's no denying it at all.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 05:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Really?  Hadn't noticed.

I guess I should be more vocal about it Ninja
Reply/Quote
I don't do lists but anyone who thinks he isn't needs to post their own list telling us which 10 current QB's are ahead of him. I didn't fully read all the responses in that article but it caught my attention that David Carr listed 3 as "freaks" and only said a handful of others ahead of Dalton. Who are these minimum of 7 better?

Also I keep in mind different types of QB's. The Manning brothers are a good example of different types. Peyton may have set the world on fire but Eli got 2 superbowl wins and 2 MVP's to boot in less time than Peyton. It is easy to say Peyton was better with all those records but if I had to choose between them to build a team around I'd go Eli. He was a big piece of the team those two SB years. Granted Eli wasn't consistent enough.

Now how that factors in to my views with the Bengals - By what would have been the end of each rookie contract I had different things to say on each. Palmer, I felt, was one of the better QB's but I figured he couldn't take the team any further. Dalton I had, and still have, belief that this guy can be a difference maker. Actually I was saying that was possible (though not on the boards where this is only the third or fourth time giving input on him) during his rookie season.
Reply/Quote
Definitely a top 10 quarterback in months ending in "r."
Reply/Quote
Top 10? Yes. I think after this season with not only Andy having a GREAT season, but Rodgers had a bad year, Peyton retiring, Ben hurt alot, you arguably can put him in top 5. He had a top 5 season this season, at least. The entire year i was just waiting for that "bad andy" game. That bad andy moment happend in Pittsburgh when he went down. Does he still have those interceptions where you just shake your head like "wow"? Of course, but, really every qb does
Reply/Quote
I'llsay the exact same thing I said when we were arguing if he was a top 20 QB.

There are about 4 or 5 elite QBs. After that there is a pretty large group that you could prettyt muchj put in any order.

Right now I'd say Andy is a top 10 QB, but he is in a pack of QBs that could be shuffled around anyhwere from 5 to 14.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 04:35 PM)GodFather Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000669961/article/andy-dalton-top10-quarterback-top-100-ranking-stokes-great-debate

The debate has begun. With his injury its hard to know what would've happened last season and obviously only speculation but lets hope he grows more in this upcoming season.

What ya think guys top 10?

Not sure what there is to debate. Dalton played like a top 10 QB in 2015.

If he keeps playing that way, save the broken thumb, for a couple more years and gets us to the SB, then you can talk about the top 5.

Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 05:27 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Yes, and I have been arguing that he was since the end of 2013.

Yeah, but he wasn't a top 10 QB in 2014. I had him in the 12-15 range for 2014. You can cry about the injuries all you want, but he didn't get it done and that was enough to put him below guys who did in 2014.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 01:05 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, but he wasn't a top 10 QB in 2014. I had him in the 12-15 range for 2014. You can cry about the injuries all you want, but he didn't get it done and that was enough to put him below guys who did in 2014.

He got it done in 10.5 games.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 01:13 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: He got it done in 10.5 games.

Yes he did. That's why I ranked him above average.

Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton has developed into one of the league's best quarterbacks. His work ethicis probably his best quality. Dalton has become one of the top presnap quarterbacks while having one of the fastest releases. He puts in alot of time and money in the off season to improve by doing things like hiring the best mechanic coaches and flying his receivers to whereever he needed them to practice.

Personally my favorite quality about Dalton is he's fearless. I've seen him throw blocks tackle run he never shys from a QB sneak stares down blitzes...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 01:05 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, but he wasn't a top 10 QB in 2014. I had him in the 12-15 range for 2014. You can cry about the injuries all you want, but he didn't get it done and that was enough to put him below guys who did in 2014.

The problem with ranking QBs is how do you rank them, by what they did last year or a range of years.  

For Andy, I would say he deserves to be mentioned in top 10 easy for last year and if you look over his 5 years and compare his stats to others in that top 8 to 15, he is right there also.

I think the simple answer would be that on a given season, 2/3s or so of teams would take Andy as their QB.
Reply/Quote
I would absolutely put him in the top 10.

Our playoff woes are a team issue. He is hardly the only reason we've gone 0-5 these last five years. I mean hell, he didn't even play this last game, and he had absolutely no one to throw to the year before. So the last two years especially can't be held against him.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape over a QB going 0-4 in the playoffs to start his career. How did Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees fair in that regard?
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I voted no, but could only name 9 QBs I can say with relative certainty I would rather have. So Dalton is right around top ten if not in it.

He certainly played like one last year though. Hope he keeps it up.
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 08:01 PM)Penn Wrote: I don't do lists but anyone who thinks he isn't needs to post their own list telling us which 10 current QB's are ahead of him. I didn't fully read all the responses in that article but it caught my attention that David Carr listed 3 as "freaks" and only said a handful of others ahead of Dalton. Who are these minimum of 7 better?

Also I keep in mind different types of QB's. The Manning brothers are a good example of different types. Peyton may have set the world on fire but Eli got 2 superbowl wins and 2 MVP's to boot in less time than Peyton. It is easy to say Peyton was better with all those records but if I had to choose between them to build a team around I'd go Eli. He was a big piece of the team those two SB years. Granted Eli wasn't consistent enough.

Meh. Peyton rarely had a defense like Eli had in those 2 title runs. When he did, he also won championships.

Fun fact: Peyton's career playoff passer rating is only 0.6 points lower than Tom Brady's. Funny how much the narratives can change when you have a great defense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote