Poll: Is Dalton A Top Ten Quarterback?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Dalton A Top Ten Quarterback?
Absolutely !

I guess you could make an argument for 11 - 15 but pretty much only if you penalize him for playoff losses. And as some have touched on the playoff losses are just as much a team/HC failure, if not more.

The San Diego game is the only one of the playoff losses where I lay a lot of the blame at Andy's feet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 03:21 PM)jason Wrote: His biggest weapons are his quick release, AJ, and Eifert. They are all still here. It sounds stupid, but I think getting booed at the All Star game last year was great for him. I think it put a chip on his shoulder. I remember during preseason last year when he hurt his neck scoring from the goal line. He Gronk spiked the ball, and I swear he stared down the home crowd in the end zone. I posted something about it in a thread about Hill taking responsibility for Andy's injury. Nobody seemed to notice. He was just different last year physically and mentally.

The fans booing him may have given him some motivation, but I think Andy’s skills improved through experience along with two years of off season training with Tom House.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 07:52 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: The fans booing him may have given him some motivation, but I think Andy’s skills improved through experience along with two years of off season training with Tom House.
Yeah. I think the booing at an exhibition event just irked him. It had nothing to do with his numbers or production. He was much more fiery last year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 07:52 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: The fans booing him may have given him some motivation, but I think Andy’s skills improved through experience along with two years of off season training with Tom House.

Dalton credited House for his play last year because he stuck with what House told him, rather than getting away from it like he did in 2014.

Oh, and yes, Dalton has also worked with Tom House again this March.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 04:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ha, ha, ha....yeah, that was a fun play to watch....AFTER he scored, I thought he was gonna get de-cleated at first.

Brady and Peyton would have done a good job, most likely better, but not many in the league could have done better than Andy that year.  I personally feel he began to emerge in 2013, and has been on an upward trajectory since.  I could be wrong, but that's just what I've seen from the guy from my living room.  Of course, I'm not looking to nit pick every move the guy makes, either. (obviously you're not one to do that, but it seems a lot are)  I think he looked comfortable and confident in the pocket starting in 2014 (remember the Ravens game before Eifert went down?), and last year was the cherry on top.  Hopefully he hasn't lost that swagger and poise.

Scared me too for a second. Turned out great but those plays can get a QB killed.

Dalton has some different skills then lots of QB's that is for sure.

I could be wrong but i am expecting even a better year from Dalton and for him to have just as much swagger
and poise. That must of left a bad taste in his mouth as it did all of us the way he had to leave last season against
the Steelers. I know he has different weapons and i bet it will take a few games to get on the same page with
them but Eifert should be back by game 3 and right after that Burfict is back.

The first few games should tell us a lot about how the season is going to go. I expect both of them to be low
scoring but with Dalton and the Offense doing just enough to win them. The Defense should be good early this
season even without Burfict. Dansby should really help us against the pass.

By midseason we should be cruising with Billings getting more snaps in place of Peko. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Scared me too for a second. Turned out great but those plays can get a QB killed.

Dalton has some different skills then lots of QB's that is for sure.

I could be wrong but i am expecting even a better year from Dalton and for him to have just as much swagger
and poise. That must of left a bad taste in his mouth as it did all of us the way he had to leave last season against
the Steelers. I know he has different weapons and i bet it will take a few games to get on the same page with
them but Eifert should be back by game 3 and right after that Burfict is back.

The first few games should tell us a lot about how the season is going to go. I expect both of them to be low
scoring but with Dalton and the Offense doing just enough to win them. The Defense should be good early this
season even without Burfict. Dansby should really help us against the pass.

By midseason we should be cruising with Billings getting more snaps in place of Peko. Rock On

Yes, I think you're right.  We really need Hill to get back on track this season as well.  That would be a huge help in the early stages of the season.  As you say, there will be some growing pains with a new OC (yet again....ugh), new receivers, no Eifert.....we need a solid running game to help smooth out the wrinkles.  I also expect the defense to set the tone early, even without Burfict.  Dansby will be key.....hoping he still has it.  Any word on Freeney, are we still entertaining that notion?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 03:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, I think you're right.  We really need Hill to get back on track this season as well.  That would be a huge help in the early stages of the season.  As you say, there will be some growing pains with a new OC (yet again....ugh), new receivers, no Eifert.....we need a solid running game to help smooth out the wrinkles.  I also expect the defense to set the tone early, even without Burfict.  Dansby will be key.....hoping he still has it.  Any word on Freeney, are we still entertaining that notion?

If Hill and Gio can both play there best at the same time and our O-line can open up holes that would be a
huge help no question. The backs haven't played their best at the same time yet. Who knows how good the
Offense could be if that happens.

Ogbuehi might have some growing pains early as well getting his first starts at RT. I think he will be great
in the future but every young player usually has some troubles. Talented fella Og is though.

Last i heard about Freeney is he is mulling his options and picking the team he likes the best around TC.

I like our chances of landing him honestly. Close to Indy and his fam, 4-3 Defense, chance for a ring etc.
Reply/Quote
(06-21-2016, 04:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Hill and Gio can both play there best at the same time and our O-line can open up holes that would be a
huge help no question. The backs haven't played their best at the same time yet. Who knows how good the
Offense could be if that happens.

Ogbuehi might have some growing pains early as well getting his first starts at RT. I think he will be great
in the future but every young player usually has some troubles. Talented fella Og is though.

Last i heard about Freeney is he is mulling his options and picking the team he likes the best around TC.

I like our chances of landing him honestly. Close to Indy and his fam, 4-3 Defense, chance for a ring etc.

Abso-damn-lutely dangerous if that happened.

I think Cedric will play at least as well as Andre out of the gate, tbh.

I hope you're right about Freeney, makes sense.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I voted yes for one simple reason. Just look how hard Cleveland has been looking for a QB and all the failures. Dalton is one of the best in the league. Period.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
For those that put any weight on the talking heads, particularly the TOP 100 PLAYERS poll that came out, they have him at 8th. The seven above him, in no particular order, are:

Brady
Newton
Rodgers
Brees
Wilson
Fat Boy
Palmer
Reply/Quote
(06-22-2016, 08:27 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I voted yes for one simple reason. Just look how hard Cleveland has been looking for a QB and all the failures. Dalton is one of the best in the league. Period.

So really you voted that Dalton is a top 31 QB. Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2016, 01:55 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: For those that put any weight on the talking heads, particularly the TOP 100 PLAYERS poll that came out, they have him at 8th.  The seven above him, in no particular order, are:

Brady
Newton
Rodgers
Brees
Wilson
Fat Boy
Palmer

I was under the impression that the players, not the talking heads, made that list.
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2016, 12:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I was under the impression that the players, not the talking heads, made that list.

You are probably correct.  I pay little attention to anything beyond what's posted on the Bengals pages.
Reply/Quote