Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Dalton a Patriot?
(04-26-2020, 10:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with this Essex.

Wishful thinking isn't a bad thing, but common sense says there is something going on between us and the Pats.

Looking at the way Belichick hasn't gotten a proven QB and the way MB and him get along and the way Zac was almost 
hinting at something in his Draft interview is telling me something. We need to treat Dalton better than just cutting him.

Dude is a stand up brother, just treat Dalton right.

We said we would, keep to our word.

Same.

It’s a business. Players get cut or traded all the time. It’s not really the Bengals job to find the most ideal situation for Dalton moving forward.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 10:29 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m sure Bill Belichick has film on Andy Dalton from any game he wants, not just the last time he played New England. I would think film against the rest of the AFC East would be more valuable.

Idk about the AFC East, but the film against KC wouldn’t be very pretty. And considering the road to the SB runs through them in the AFC right now I don’t see why the Hoodie would want Dalton.

Here’s Andy’s stats from the last time we played KC:

15/29 148 yds 1 TD 1 INT 1 FMB 63.6 PR

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 10:31 PM)McC Wrote: The notion that Belichick wants Andy Dalton is a fabrication that exists nowhere outside the minds of some Bengal fans.

Seriously, he's gonna follow up Brady with Dalton?

Might be a better option than Clint Stidham.   Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'll be quite honest, I'd like to see what the hoodie could do with Dalton ? But I doubt it's gonna happen.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 10:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s a business. Players get cut or traded all the time. It’s not really the Bengals job to find the most ideal situation for Dalton moving forward.

Yeah it is, Dalton knows all this and we should treat him well and help him find the most ideal situation.

I believe we owe him that and I believe the Bengals feel the same.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 10:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Might be a better option than Clint Stidham.   Mellow

:andy:
Reply/Quote
You guys have no idea if Stidham will be any good. But we’ve seen Bill win with Cassel, Jimmy G, and Brissette, so it’s not like it would be that crazy if he rolls with his own guy.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You guys have no idea if Stidham will be any good. But we’ve seen Bill win with Cassel, Jimmy G, and Brissette, so it’s not like it would be that crazy if he rolls with his own guy.

Now that is definitely true Nicomo.

Just going off of my instincts on this and the little hints I am trying to catch.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 10:48 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Might be a better option than Clint Stidham.   Mellow

At least Stidham is still a blank slate.  And he's had a year in their system.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:41 PM)McC Wrote: At least Stidham is still a blank slate.  And he's had a year in their system.

I just think Dalton could fit in that system like a glove.

We will see McC.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just think Dalton could fit in that system like a glove.

We will see McC.

I think he has a lot of what Bill wants but he just doesn't have that bright lights track record.  IMO, if he's bringing in a QB from the outside, he'd better have that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 11:55 PM)McC Wrote: I think he has a lot of what Bill wants but he just doesn't have that bright lights track record.  IMO, if he's bringing in a QB from the outside, he'd better have that.

Agree, just think it wasn't all on Dalton in the bright lights. Everyone sucked across the board under Marv.

Dalton played very good in the Rose Bowl in college. DAMN going all the way back to college to defend the man. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 09:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You’re basing your opinion on pure speculation. The Patriots have shown absolutely no interest (that we know of) at this point.

To me it’s just wishful thinking. Both in that the big Dalton fans want to see him go to the Patriots, and that they want to still get something for him.

I’m expecting neither will happen. Just my opinion.

And your basing other people's opinion on your opinion that they are big Dalton fans.. now that is a solid rebuttal 
Reply/Quote
The team and the fans are on great terms with Dalton and you would think that if we was going to release Dalton then we would do it the first day after the draft to give him the most time to find a team. Mike Brown would of liked to get a draft pick for him but that time has passed. So unless we plan on having him on our roster this year then their must be a trade in the works with another team. IMO we do not need Dalton on the team this year since we are going to start Burrows and have back up QB's in place. I would rather see Dolegala get starts and game time even at the cost of a loss then spend 17 million on Dalton just to have him back up our starter. So their must be a trade in the works for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 08:34 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: The team and the fans are on great terms with Dalton and you would think that if we was going to release Dalton then we would do it the first day after the draft to give him the most time to find a team. Mike Brown would of liked to get a draft pick for him but that time has passed. So unless we plan on having him on our roster this year then their must be a trade in the works with another team. IMO we do not need Dalton on the team this year since we are going to start Burrows and have back up QB's in place. I would rather see Dolegala get starts and game time even at the cost of a loss then spend 17 million on Dalton just to have him back up our starter. So their must be a trade in the works for Dalton.

I have not thought at all we would bring Dalton back after a trade did not happen under current contract... what I thought could happen down the road that after we release him there could be chance if nothing works out with other teams, he might get resigned with a veteran backup tag and salary.. 

Here is why I want a veteran backup even if not Dalton, we tend to forget other players and their development especially skilled offense players and i would say lineman too can be adversely affected by the lack of experience of a QB.. Big Ben is a great example.. many in the NFL World that understand and know the game better than us as a whole made reference to a lost year in development for JJ at WR when Ben went down.

If Burrow goes down, I hope we have a solid backup to help the development of our young players.. I think that is something many people overlook
Reply/Quote
The Patriots now have four QBs on their roster. And all of them put together probably don't cost over 17 mil.

Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 10:50 AM)McC Wrote: The Patriots now have four QBs on their roster.  And all of them put together probably don't cost over 17 mil.

That is a good argument they are way under spending at the most important position in football. If another team (not coached by BB) was doing this they would be getting destroyed by the media and their fans to get off their ass and get a QB.

I predict BB will sign a vet QB within 30 days among:

Newton
Brissett (trade)
Dalton (trade)
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: That is a good argument they are way under spending at the most important position in football. If another team (not coached by BB) was doing this they would be getting destroyed by the media and their fans to get off their ass and get a QB.

I predict BB will sign a vet QB within 30 days among:

Newton
Brissett (trade)
Dalton (trade)

Keeping the pipe dream alive.

Reply/Quote
I gave my Bengals Dalton jersey away yesterday. The guy who took it says he doesn't care. I told him I did not want to wear a has been.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2020, 12:28 PM)McC Wrote: Keeping the pipe dream alive.

I have an open mind

I gave 3 choices, but you missed the main point is I see no way BB goes into 2020 with a QB like Stidham with a bad back up QB behind him. Hoyer is not a good back up QB
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote