Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Is Dalton a Patriot?
(04-25-2020, 02:03 PM)TJHoushmandzadehs Shiny Shoes Wrote: Of course he's going to say that, like the Bengals are going to say that they'd be happy to have Dalton stay. It undermines negotiating positions to concede otherwise. I wouldn't read anything into it.

Do we know they didn't call or is that an assumption?

There are a couple of reasons he might want to restructure.

1. He's coming off a down year. He may fancy his chances of securing a favorable deal in free agency after a year more when he's won more than 2 games. Restructuring buys him time to bounce back.
2. He'll get more money by restructuring than being cut. He's not getting $17m on the open market at this stage of the year. Restructuring will allow the Bengals to top up whatever his new team can afford to pay this year.

No more of an assumption than NE wanting Dalton in the first place...

And if they did indeed call and offer a mid round pick, and we turned it down, that would be pretty damn stupid.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No more of an assumption than NE wanting Dalton in the first place...

And if they did indeed call and offer a mid round pick, and we turned it down, that would be pretty damn stupid.

They could still make a deal, future picks are trade capital, too.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He's getting cut. Time to accept it.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 02:20 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He's getting cut. Time to accept it.
At this point, I couldn't care less. Just free up his 17.5 million so there are options (like paying draft picks and maybe extending Mixon).

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:25 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think AD would restructure if given a guarantee Burrow would have to beat him out for job. ANY QB would love to throw to these guys we have now.

I'll give him a guarantee.  Andy, you will not be the starter here.  Burrow beat him out this past January.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2020, 11:06 PM)McC Wrote: I'll give him a guarantee.  Andy, you will not be the starter here.  Burrow beat him out this past January.

Is that what you told Kitna when Palmer was drafted. If so, he gave you the finger and starter Palmer's rookie year
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 12:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is that what you told Kitna when Palmer was drafted. If so, he gave you the finger and starter Palmer's rookie year

Palmer wasn’t coming off the best college season ever. Even suggesting Dalton should start over Burrow is laughable.

You guys gotta let him go.

Reply/Quote
He's probably going to be a Jaguar; pretty sure the Bengals are not going to straight up release him though although they probably should.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:03 AM)J24 Wrote: He's probably going to be a Jaguar; pretty sure the Bengals are not going to straight up release him though although they probably should.

Why would he be a Jaguar?  They already have a guy who had a better year last year.  They're not gonna trade for Dalton with his salary to be Mustache's backup.

You're right that they should release him.  They'd be doing him a favor.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 12:52 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is that what you told Kitna when Palmer was drafted. If so, he gave you the finger and starter Palmer's rookie year
What does the previous set of coaches have to do with anything?

I'm pretty sure giving me the finger never entered Jon Kitna's mind.

Drop it, man.  You're just getting downright silly.

Reply/Quote
Who are the backups in Houston and Dallas? If he’s going to be relegated to backup duty (very likely) maybe he could at least go home to Texas.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who are the backups in Houston and Dallas? If he’s going to be relegated to backup duty (very likely) maybe he could at least go home to Texas.

And he can't do anything until he's released.  If they want to do right by him, that's the best way.  

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Palmer wasn’t coming off the best college season ever. Even suggesting Dalton should start over Burrow is laughable.

You guys gotta let him go.

Yeah, that redshirt mentality is in the past for guys that go number 1 overall.  Mahomes needed some seasoning and was the 9th (I think) pick. Burrow is in no way going to sit out this year, unless he's not healthy or there just isn't a season. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:07 AM)McC Wrote: Why would he be a Jaguar?  They already have a guy who had a better year last year.  They're not gonna trade for Dalton with his salary to be Mustache's backup.

You're right that they should release him.  They'd be doing him a favor.

Jay Gruden is there Offensive Coordinator + maybe there not sold on the Mustache as you are. Who knows though it's just speculation.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Belichick is probably smarter than this, but I'd see if we can package AJ and Andy for a guard or tackle.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 12:10 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Belichick is probably smarter than this, but I'd see if we can package AJ and Andy for a guard or tackle.

Why are people so intent on helping other teams get to the SB?  Not the Andy part.  We all know he's incapable of winning even one playoff game.

Reply/Quote
Honestly, at this point...Dalton might be worth more to stay on the team and wait for a team to lose a QB. That's a waiting game and one that might not work out. That being said...it happens all the time and if a team is like 3-1, with a real shot at playoffs, they might get desperate.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Who are the backups in Houston and Dallas? If he’s going to be relegated to backup duty (very likely) maybe he could at least go home to Texas.

AJ McCarron is in Houston... Uh oh.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:17 AM)McC Wrote: And he can't do anything until he's released.  If they want to do right by him, that's the best way.  

Agree, i think they should go ahead and release him.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 01:17 AM)McC Wrote: And he can't do anything until he's released.  If they want to do right by him, that's the best way.  

Agree, i think they should go ahead and release him.
Reply/Quote