Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Heroin This Bad EVERYWHERE?
(02-24-2016, 11:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: They can be VERY judgmental.  They'd rather save the life of someone in an accident rather that someone killing themselves with drugs.

Well they are getting called to the scene whether they have the Narcan or not.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(02-24-2016, 11:50 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Well they are getting called to the scene whether they have the Narcan or not.

True.  They just would rather the person die.

I know, its horrible.

One is my ex-brother in law.  One I went to high school with.  One we taught their marriage class for our church.

All are very conservative.  Personal choice, stupid people, let god sort 'em out types.

They do their job (or did in my BIL's case..he on disability now ironically) and do it well.  But they have some strong views.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-24-2016, 11:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: True.  They just would rather the person die.

I know, its horrible.

One is my ex-brother in law.  One I went to high school with.  One we taught their marriage class for our church.

All are very conservative.  Personal choice, stupid people, let god sort 'em out types.

They do their job (or did in my BIL's case..he on disability now ironically) and do it well.  But they have some strong views.

It's also because very frequently the addict becomes belligerent because you just ruined their high.  They get violent as often as not.
(02-24-2016, 11:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because I am the bigger man I am not going to reply to this.  I am just going to drop it because I don't want another thread to turn into shit.

Ha!

You've never let things go unless you know you're wrong, but usually you have something to draw attention away from that fact.

How many threads have you turned into shit?  But now you have some message board high moral ground?

Anyways, those were logical questions based off of things that you posted, so you can't bail now because your word is gold, remember?!

What a joke.

By the way, I realize that he'll try to get me suspended for this, but I haven't broken any rules other than pointing out facts and tendencies of his.
(02-25-2016, 01:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ha!

You've never let things go unless you know you're wrong, but usually you have something to draw attention away from that fact.

How many threads have you turned into shit?  But now you have some message board high moral ground?

Anyways, those were logical questions based off of things that you posted, so you can't bail now because your word is gold, remember?!

What a joke.

By the way, I realize that he'll try to get me suspended for this, but I haven't broken any rules other than pointing out facts and tendencies of his.

Either you're the most dedicated and consistent troll I have ever seen our you're pure bat shit crazy.
(02-25-2016, 12:23 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's also because very frequently the addict becomes belligerent because you just ruined their high.  They get violent as often as not.

Damn.  Sorry you started breathing again.  Such a waste of good heroin.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-24-2016, 09:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I read that Brad.  

All I was saying is that if you are going to use a car wreck to prove how bad heroin is you should have founda better example.

But let's not derail this thread.  I am dropping it so we can get back on topic.

Um..that is the topic.

The car wreck? The heroin epidemic?

I see now how you are confused. Brads thread title was a bit misleading. Brad was talking about the heroin epidemic, not about how bad heroin is...so if the driver was indeed high on heroine then Brads rationale is perfectly legit.

Which is odd.
(02-25-2016, 01:36 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Either you're the most dedicated and consistent troll I have ever seen our you're pure bat shit crazy.

Please ignore these comments by Brad.

It is the only way to get them to stop.
(02-25-2016, 01:51 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Please ignore these comments by Brad.

It is the only way to get them to stop.

Like I said, more than willing to debate and troll until he gets proved undeniably wrong.  

He's willing to go on rants in threads and repeat the same things over and over and it's ok except when he has no outs and can't argue something that his "word of gold" said.  I'm actually shocked because usually he'll just make things up to build his argument.

It's beautiful.

Ever heard the phrase "when a defining moment comes along, you define the moment, or the moment defines you"?

This is a defining moment.

You're not defining it.

Sorry.
It's pretty bad around here in Virginia.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(02-25-2016, 12:23 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It's also because very frequently the addict becomes belligerent because you just ruined their high.  They get violent as often as not.

Each probably have other reasons too.  It is a hard job.

But they speak often about "deserving it" when they could be helping someone who "really" needs their help.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
The county I currently live in has a heroin problem. It's also very conservative and has seen a shift from rural to suburban in the last 20 years. As more of Baltimore spreads west, these closed off kids are starting to get curious about things and are leaving their boring ass county.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

The problem with the emergence of Narcan is that, heavy users that know they need a really high dose to get high preemptively call 911 saying there is an OD then shoot up. This way they know that someone is already coming to revive them. I have talked to a couple police departments who have said they hate the fact that it is known they all carry the drug because it has become some sort of game for the addicts.
(02-24-2016, 08:20 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Is the heroin epidemic as bad everywhere as it is in Greater Cincinnati?  Seems like every other day you can turn on the news and see someone dying from ODing or driving messed up on heroin and wrecking.

Take the case Monday where a driving messed up on heroin drove off the side of the road, the car rolled several times, killed one person, and a mom and baby were ejected from the car (I have no idea how the baby is still alive):

It doesn't say it in that story, but other stories all but state as fact that it was because of heroin.  

Here's another one saying needles were found.

Is this common everywhere?  Why is heroin taking over?
I know here where I live it's not around so much,but north towards Corbin and on up toward Lexington,Georgetown it's in the news daily. Crystal meth is what all the people are dying on around here.  Sad
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
(02-25-2016, 10:16 AM)Au165 Wrote: The problem with the emergence of Narcan is that, heavy users that know they need a really high dose to get high preemptively call 911 saying there is an OD then shoot up. This way they know that someone is already coming to revive them. 

Considering heroin is illegal I find this very hard to believe.
We are starting to hear more about a legal substance known as Kratom:

http://kratomusa.com/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-25-2016, 11:09 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Considering heroin is illegal I find this very hard to believe.

You are right because obviously those who are highly addicted to a drug are rational. I am telling you what law enforcement personnel have told me.
(02-25-2016, 01:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: You are right because obviously those who are highly addicted to a drug are rational. I am telling you what law enforcement personnel have told me.

Addicts may not be that clear headed, but the one thing they do is try to avoid the police.

And even if an addict did do this he would NEVER admit it to the police.  So obviously this is just a story made up by some cops who don't like reviving people who OD.
(02-25-2016, 01:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Addicts may not be that clear headed, but the one thing they do is try to avoid the police.

And even if an addict did do this he would NEVER admit it to the police.  So obviously this is just a story made up by some cops who don't like reviving people who OD.

I have heard the same story from multiple agencies. You going to guarantee this doesn't happen either? Last time you guaranteed something it was quickly refuted.

Maybe this will help you fred, in some states cops are not allowed to arrest people who call 911 for assistance on overdoses including those who overdosed.
So an interesting thing making its way around related to all of this is poppy tea. Even though it is typically done in other places with the poppy pods and/or stems, you can actually generate a high enough concentration to get the narcotic effects from poppy seeds in a high enough quantity. Completely legal but hella dangerous because there is no good way to really determine the concentration making it easy to overdose.

We had a student die recently, this week recently, and while they haven't finished with the tox report they believe he dies from an OD via poppy tea.