Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Heroin This Bad EVERYWHERE?
Is the heroin epidemic as bad everywhere as it is in Greater Cincinnati? Seems like every other day you can turn on the news and see someone dying from ODing or driving messed up on heroin and wrecking.

Take the case Monday where a driving messed up on heroin drove off the side of the road, the car rolled several times, killed one person, and a mom and baby were ejected from the car (I have no idea how the baby is still alive):

Quote:7 that left one person dead, ejected a child in a car seat and injured two others, police said.

The crash happened Monday afternoon on eastbound I-275 past I-471.

Several Northern Kentucky agencies responded to the crash scene. A 4-door sedan ran off the side of I-275 eastbound and rolled several times.

Police said Michael Gilliam of Cincinnati was ejected and killed in the crash.

A 7-month-old boy in the back seat was also ejected and is in critical condition at Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Ft. Thomas police said. His name hasn't been released.

Billy Jones of Bethel was not ejected and was stable at UC Medical Center.

Amanda Thomas of Bethel was also ejected and is in critical condition at UCMC.

Police said drugs and or speed may have been factors in the crash. It's not immediately clear who was driving, police said.

All lanes were reopened just before 6 p.m.

It doesn't say it in that story, but other stories all but state as fact that it was because of heroin.

Here's another one saying needles were found.

Is this common everywhere? Why is heroin taking over?
This is a good topic, but I have no idea why you would concentrate on a wreck where they don't even know who was driving or if the driver was even on drugs at all.

I have heard a lot of talk about heroin making a comeback, but still have not seen much of it in the courts here.
Not as bad out west as it is out on the east coast, that is for sure. We have our own problems. Terrible ***** drug though. And the way they 'treat' those poor addicts should be criminal. No other addiction do they say, hey, we're going to put you on a medication that essentially mimics the effects and costs 10X the actual drug.... FOREVER.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
A lot of heroin addicts who shopped their way through available drugs and, for one very obvious reason, stuck on heroin.

But there are plenty of addicts who got there via prescribed opioid pain medicine to which they became addicted, a habit they couldn't afford, which led to them to the cheaper alternative.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(02-24-2016, 08:46 PM)McC Wrote: A lot of heroin addicts who shopped their way through available drugs and, for one very obvious reason, stuck on heroin.

But there are plenty of addicts who got there via prescribed opioid pain medicine to which they became addicted, a habit they couldn't afford, which led to them to the cheaper alternative.

yup
(02-24-2016, 08:46 PM)McC Wrote: But there are plenty of addicts who got there via prescribed opioid pain medicine to which they became addicted, a habit they couldn't afford, which led to them to the cheaper alternative.

This is BY FAR the biggest problem we have around here.  Prescription medication cases probably account for as many charges as all other drugs combined (not counting alcohol).
(02-24-2016, 08:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is a good topic, but I have no idea why you would concentrate on a wreck where they don't even know who was driving or if the driver was even on drugs at all.

I have heard a lot of talk about heroin making a comeback, but still have not seen much of it in the courts here.

I realize that, unless it's information that you've presented, you don't follow links or even look into events much and just rely on your telepathic lawyerisms, but the second link says that he was a heroin addict:

Quote:Shortly after that, Steve said heroin began to take over Michael’s life.

Heroin is believed to be a major factor in the crash.

“Needles were found in the vehicle,” Ft. Thomas Lt. Richard Whitford said.

It says that it's believed that Michael wasn't driving, but he very likely hung around shady characters, especially with needles and whatever being found in the car, and a car just going off the road like that and flipping leads one to believe that narcotics had to be involved.
(02-24-2016, 09:06 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I realize that, unless it's information that you've presented, you don't follow links or even look into events much and just rely on your telepathic lawyerisms, but the second link says that he was a heroin addict:

I read that Brad.  

All I was saying is that if you are going to use a car wreck to prove how bad heroin is you should have founda better example.

But let's not derail this thread.  I am dropping it so we can get back on topic.
Been a huge deal around here lately also.

So much so that there was talk about having the EMT's stock something that is overdoses?  I can't remember what it is called but there was a huge argument over it.

Bad drug.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(02-24-2016, 09:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I read that Brad.  

All I was saying is that if you are going to use a car wreck to prove how bad heroin is you should have founda better example.

But let's not derail this thread.  I am dropping it so we can get back on topic.

BETTER EXAMPLE?!

Speeding, driving off the road, and then flipping a few times, and you need a better example?

It's a good example because (1) it's the most recent example, (2) it involves an infant, which makes it even more appalling (3) needles were found in the car, which means they were likely doing it in the car with the infant.  

This is on topic and it's part of the discussion.
(02-24-2016, 10:33 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: BETTER EXAMPLE?!

Speeding, driving off the road, and then flipping a few times, and you need a better example?

It's a good example because (1) it's the most recent example, (2) it involves an infant, which makes it even more appalling (3) needles were found in the car, which means they were likely doing it in the car with the infant.  

This is on topic and it's part of the discussion.

Well then I can definitely say that Heroin addiction is definitely worse in Northern Kenmtucky than any other place.

No where else does heroin addiction cause car wrecks when the addict is not even driving.
(02-24-2016, 10:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Well then I can definitely say that Heroin addiction is definitely worse in Northern Kenmtucky than any other place.

No where else does heroin addiction cause car wrecks when the addict is not even driving.

Ha!

You just said it's not clear who was driving, but now you say the driver wasn't using because it fits your argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU, FRED!

It just blows me away that not many other people call you out on these things!

All signs point to the driver most likely to have been using heroin, which you once again ignore facts because they don't fit your agenda.
(02-24-2016, 10:44 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ha!

You just said it's not clear who was driving, but now you say the driver wasn't using because it fits your argument!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE YOU, FRED!

It just blows me away that not many other people call you out on these things!

All signs point to the driver most likely to have been using heroin, which you once again ignore facts because they don't fit your agenda.

Because I am the bigger man I am not going to reply to this.  I am just going to drop it because I don't want another thread to turn into shit.
(02-24-2016, 09:35 PM)GMDino Wrote: Been a huge deal around here lately also.

So much so that there was talk about having the EMT's stock something that is overdoses?  I can't remember what it is called but there was a huge argument over it.

Bad drug.

Narcan.  Pharmacies now stock it prescription free and I believe even cops around here carry it.  The number of times it is used is mind boggling.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-24-2016, 11:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Narcan.  Pharmacies now stock it prescription free and I believe even cops around here carry it.  The number of times it is used is mind boggling.

That's it.

Some friends within the emt community hated that they had to carry it with them.
(02-24-2016, 11:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's it.

Some friends within the emt community hated that they had to carry it with them.

Why would they hate carrying a life saving drug?  I can't see them as being very judgmental as I suppise they are called on to help a lot of people leading less than ideal lives.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-24-2016, 11:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Why would they hate carrying a life saving drug?  I can't see them as being very judgmental as I suppise they are called on to help a lot of people leading less than ideal lives.

They might also get tired of using said drug on the same people over and over again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

(02-24-2016, 11:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Why would they hate carrying a life saving drug?  I can't see them as being very judgmental as I suppise they are called on to help a lot of people leading less than ideal lives.

They can be VERY judgmental.  They'd rather save the life of someone in an accident rather that someone killing themselves with drugs.
(02-24-2016, 11:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: They can be VERY judgmental.  They'd rather save the life of someone in an accident rather that someone killing themselves with drugs.

There's a vicious cycle involved.  Guy OD's, gets his life saved, ends up in jail for three months without heroin.  Gets out of jail with his tolerance thereby reduced, hits the same amount he was used to but now it is too much and the cycle continues.

(02-24-2016, 08:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Not as bad out west as it is out on the east coast, that is for sure.  We have our own problems.  Terrible ***** drug though.  And the way they 'treat' those poor addicts should be criminal.  No other addiction do they say, hey, we're going to put you on a medication that essentially mimics the effects and costs 10X the actual drug.... FOREVER.

A lot of addicts just sell that shit and get the real thing.