Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is J. Hill slumping, or is G. Bernard better?
Gio: 28 for 186 yards (0 TDs, 6.6 YPC)
Hill: 29 for 102 yards (2 TDs, 3.5 YPC, 2 fumbles)
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't know what's up with Hill, he needs to wake up....

But Dalton is doing great this year so far.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Gio: 28 for 186 yards (6.6 YPC)
Hill: 29 for 102 yards (3.5 YPC, 2 fumbles)

Both RBs have 0 TDs through 3 games, lol. Dalton carrying the team.

Hill had 2 td's against the Raiders.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:37 PM)McC Wrote: Hill had 2 td's against the Raiders.

Sorry, must have missed it. I did think he played well against the raiders, but his overall YPC is poor (probably the last 2 games).
Reply/Quote

This will be deflected to the offensive scheme or coach. It's already been discussed ad naseum, Hill is the starter period. Ninja
Reply/Quote

Very poor run blocking today. Our OL really couldn't move the middle of the Ravens DL, and Hill is best used between the tackles.

AJ Green was the difference today. He got open deep a lot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Think hes slumping, we all know his talent, that cant just go away. Hopefully he can get his mojo back, mean time Gio got us.
Reply/Quote
It's a good thing to have two backs as good as we have. Calm. Down.
[Image: 8lCdYWF.gif]
Reply/Quote
Like today, we tried giving Hill the ball from the shotgun, which Hill's strength is going north and south, so handing him the ball while he's flat-footed takes him out of his game.

I really didn't understand the play calling.
Reply/Quote
The power running plays he thrived on last year are not working. Very little running room today.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:39 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Sorry, must have missed it. I did think he played well against the raiders, but his overall YPC is poor (probably the last 2 games).
Might be in a slump.  Fortunately, we have Gio to fall back on.  And don't worry, we have far from heard the last of Hill.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
On the other side, Bengals completely shut down their run game, but the Ravens were down early:
18 rushes, 36 yards
Reply/Quote
Hill will get it going. I'm confident of that. Good thing we have Gio in the meantime.
Reply/Quote
Hill just looked slow. No burst up to the line at all. Give it up to Gio, he's looked better.
Reply/Quote
Hard to get into a rhythm when you only play 1 out of every three series.
Reply/Quote
Part of the problems is defenses are aware of Hill now, part is Bodine has been terrible this season and yes, part of it is Hill seems hesitant.
Reply/Quote
Hill looked like ass today, but Gio didn't look much better. The O-Line seemed to have a poor run-blocking day, mainly because of Bodine.

I think that they're both great backs and I'm glad to have them. They should continue to go with whoever is hotter in the backfield.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 05:54 PM)Joelist Wrote: Part of the problems is defenses are aware of Hill now, part is Bodine has been terrible this season and yes, part of it is Hill seems hesitant.

Didn't PFF have him rated as the #1 or #2 centet in the NFL through the first two games?
Reply/Quote
Bodine got absolutely exposed today. You can trace almost every bad run back to him being blown off the line.
Reply/Quote
Hill is really starting to worry me. He seems to not be able to break tackles and avoid fumbling at the same time.
Reply/Quote