Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tyler Boyd benched or injured?
To speak on Boyd, pretty disappointing to be on the inactive roster. I thought he had a decent rookie year all things considering. I didnt think he would take over LaFell's spot this season, but I figured he would have been in the top four receivers with AJ, LaFell, and Ross. But at this point, he might not only be fighting to dress on Sundays, but to be on the 53 roster next year. Who knows really. Heck he may be waived at some point if this keeps up or traded for low round pick.

Right now going forward my top 5 receivers are AJ, LaFell, Erickson, Core, & Ross. Ross can easily move up to 3rd or 2nd on that list, he just has to make plays first though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 03:39 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote:

I tweeted this after Marvin punted the ball against Baltimore when there was time (9:54) in the 4th quarter and the Bengals were in enemy territory. It seems like players are losing hope and faith in their coaches.

We've seen it from player's this offseason. Toxicity roaming around apparently.

This is yet another team Marvin Lewis has lost. There's no bad eggs (besides Adam Jones).

This is on him.

If I was the punter on said play, I would have told the guys in the huddle not to run upfield, and protect left, because I'm going to get us this first down.  I would have done the whole swing leg, and took off to the right.  When I made it, I would have taken the ball to the sideline and spiked it in front of the coach and said "I'm not quitting, asshole!".  Then, I would have likely been sending my resume to a lot of teams.  
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2017, 04:26 PM)Millhouse Wrote: To speak on Boyd, pretty disappointing to be on the inactive roster. I thought he had a decent rookie year all things considering. I didnt think he would take over LaFell's spot this season, but I figured he would have been in the top four receivers with AJ, LaFell, and Ross. But at this point, he might not only be fighting to dress on Sundays, but to be on the 53 roster next year. Who knows really. Heck he may be waived at some point if this keeps up or traded for low round pick.

Right now going forward my top 5 receivers are AJ, LaFell, Erickson, Core, & Ross. Ross can easily move up to 3rd or 2nd on that list, he just has to make plays first though.

Good point.  Trade him to the Titans or someone with a good offensive line and depth.  We need to replace our Center, but that opens the spot at RG.  Maybe Redmond gets his shot there and we go after a LT? 
Reply/Quote
It seems like there is more to this story? Did Boyd do something he was being punished for?

WhoDey2
Reply/Quote
The mutiny is because of freaking Marvin. I am sitting here watching Peko play for the Broncos vs. Dallas, and he is beasting the game getting massive push while shutting down Zeke Elliot.

The last few years here he was getting blasted off the line of scrimmage most plays. It goes to show these guys are not giving their all for Marvin, and not only is it allowed, their jobs & positions are never in jeopardy with Giggles regardless of performance.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 08:45 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: The mutiny is because of freaking Marvin. I am sitting here watching Peko play for the Broncos vs. Dallas, and he is beasting the game getting massive push while shutting down Zeke Elliot.

The last few years here he was getting blasted off the line of scrimmage most plays. It goes to show these guys are not giving their all for Marvin, and not only is it allowed, their jobs & positions are never in jeopardy with Giggles regardless of performance.

Wait, are we siding with the players for this most recent mutiny against Mike 'n' Marvin?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 08:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, are we siding with the players for this most recent mutiny against Mike 'n' Marvin?

Pickens spoke out against the organization. Dillon. Palmer. Joseph.

How many of these guys have to speak out against Bengals management before the fans will believe it.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 09:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Pickens spoke out against the organization. Dillon. Palmer. Joseph.

How many of these guys have to speak out against Bengals management before the fans will believe it.

It's a joke.

Most people didn't back the Palmer/Ocho mutiny and those others mentioned.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 08:28 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: On today's radio show, Lap suggested that is was an attitude/effort problem.

Can lap talk about how AJ green pulled up on that deep pass and lost the ball because he thought it wasn't going to him? I've never seen a "superstar" player do something so boneheaded. I like AJ and how he's getting mad, but don't blame Andy for that bullshit. Not the first time he's done that, either. You can work out 24/7 Green, but that's an attitude/effort problem if I saw one.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 08:45 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: The mutiny is because of freaking Marvin. I am sitting here watching Peko play for the Broncos vs. Dallas, and he is beasting the game getting massive push while shutting down Zeke Elliot.

Zeke Elliot, 9 carries, 8 yards. xD!!! Foolish RB.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2017, 09:38 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can lap talk about how AJ green pulled up on that deep pass and lost the ball because he thought it wasn't going to him? I've never seen a "superstar" player do something so boneheaded. I like AJ and how he's getting mad, but don't blame Andy for that bullshit. Not the first time he's done that, either. You can work out 24/7 Green, but that's an attitude/effort problem if I saw one.

THANK YOU!!!  It is amazing how AJ Green gets a pass for not getting open and jogging routes.  I watched Julio Jones last night and that dude goes 100% every snap, and his DBs never get a play to catch their breath.  

AJ is not "phone booth quick" and needs a little time to generate separation.  He is great at tracking balls in the air and making tough catches, but in terms of getting open like some of his contemporaries he isn't one of the best.  
Reply/Quote
Looks like he was benched as drama surrounding roster continues.

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/28267/bengals-wr-tyler-boyd-not-sure-why-he-was-inactive-for-week-2

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/09/19/cincinnati-bengals-darqueze-dennard-tyler-boyd-lost-glare-thursday-night-drama/679930001/

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Apparently Boyd was never told why he was inactive. Great team management Marv. Maybe if you're trying to teach Boyd a lesson, you actually talk to him about what he's doing wrong.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 02:51 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Apparently Boyd was never told why he was inactive. Great team management Marv. Maybe if you're trying to teach Boyd a lesson, you actually talk to him about what he's doing wrong.

I'm his interview Boyd said that it was due to special teams depth...

He also talked about Zampese overwelming his players causing him to overthink instead of just playing.

PS. Anyone else notice that Mixon had taken over Peerman role on special teams?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 03:45 PM)Synric Wrote: I'm his interview Boyd said that it was due to special teams depth...

He also talked about Zampese overwelming his players causing him to overthink instead of just playing.

PS. Anyone else notice that Mixon had taken over Peerman role on special teams?

Boyd said he guessed it was for special teams, but was not told that and still hasn't been told anything.
Reply/Quote