Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Is There a Doctor in the House? High Ankle Sprain ?
(01-23-2023, 10:37 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I'm sure they are using all the medical manipulation (steroids, etc) to get him ready for this weekend.

STOP Kelce, we're in SB again.

The block and release for huge yardage or a 1st down is getting so old with Kelce, whoever was the Jaguars DC needs to be canned ASAP.

Well, Kelce's a unanimous all pro. He's on another level. At least the Bengals are used to playing him. Hope Flowers is recovered.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:19 AM)Housh Wrote: So the coach shouldn’t be taken to task for a dumbass game plan because the Jags almost overcame his idiocy?

I watched the game. They literally let Kelce win the game by himself with all his catches.

I feel like you could only make the play you made if you didn’t actually watch the game and just read stats

Kelce won that game nearly by himself on offense. Had 10 catches at halftime dude. You don’t think 10 receptions hurt that defense? Like what’s the argument here?

So the only "task" to put on the coach would be to fire him? Same way you wanted ZT fired after going 0-2 and being 4-4. Got it.

Jacksonville D was almost last in everything for 2021-2022. They won their last 7-8 games of the year with great defense.

This past year they gave up 18 yards per game more than Cinci. and gave up less than a half point more than both Cinci. and Philly, you know teams that have as good a DC as any team in the league?

Their 3rd down defensive % was 3 points higher than both Cinci. and SF, you know a couple of teams that have as good as any DC in the league.

Next time a play-maker puts up serious stats against any team you just fire the DC?

You do realize he damn near totally shut down the LAC offense the entire 2nd half, let alone the entire game, based on how their QB put them in the worst position a team can be put in? It's almost like you didn't even watch THAT game to make your play.

Again, the best TE in the league averaged less than 7 ypc. All you need to do as any great receiver would do after the snap is run 2-3 strides, catch the ball, and you get 7-10 yards. That's what happen.

Answer the part about Jacksonville giving away 14 points on an easy drop and a fumble, both damn near inside the 5 yard line, which wins the game.

Man, you got to think here that there's far more to losing that game than the best TE in the world catching alot balls which averaged less than 7 ypc.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:25 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I suppose I don't care how badly Mahomes is injured. The dude is a future-HoF QB so I hope the Bengals game plan as if they are facing a 100% healthy Mahomes. I'm sure Lou will have the defense ready to go.

They definitely also have to most importantly prepare for his backup QB!!!! You never know. And we've had the unfortunate reality of struggling vs back up QBs.
Reply/Quote
Lot's of players say they are going to play and don't. If Mahomes plays, he is going to be severely hampered, and Hendrickson and Ossai will eat his lunch.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 10:50 AM)higgy100 Wrote: Fired? IDK about that. Kelce was targeted 17 times in that game which is unheard of in this league. 14 catches for only 98 yards with a long of 15. He's a great player that caught umpteen balls on 5-6 yard sit down patterns, quick digs,drag patterns, etc.Tough to defend on those short ones.Obviously, they clearly targeted him and especially when Mahomes got hurt.

Yet, even with him catching those balls, Jacksonville fumbles the ball on a 1st down conversion on the KC 3 yard line and Kirk drops a deep ball on the KC 5.

Yes, inspite of all the Jags' shooting themselves in the foot, everytime the Jags were in a position to stop the Chiefs.. you guessed it..... Kelce! Not only this game, but if you've watch other Chiefs game, he is a huge part of the Chiefs offenseive prowess. The Jags should have taken out Kelce (stick to him like glue) and challenged the Chiefs to beat them with their other players, who are capable of doing it, but leaving Kelce free as a bird and 9 out of 10 theyll win. Yes, can the DC.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:43 AM)higgy100 Wrote: So the only "task" to put on the coach would be to fire him? Same way you wanted ZT fired after going 0-2 and being 4-4. Got it.

Jacksonville D was almost last in everything for 2021-2022. They won their last 7-8 games of the year with great defense.

This past year they gave up 18 yards per game more than Cinci. and gave up less than a half point more than both Cinci. and Philly, you know teams that have as good a DC as any team in the league?

Their 3rd down defensive % was 3 points higher than both Cinci. and SF, you know a couple of teams that have as good as any DC in the league.

Next time a play-maker puts up serious stats against any team you just fire the DC?

You do realize he damn near totally shut down the LAC offense the entire 2nd half, let alone the entire game, based on how their QB put them in the worst position a team can be put in? It's almost like you didn't even watch THAT game to make your play.

Again, the best TE in the league averaged less than 7 ypc. All you need to do as any great receiver would do after the snap is run 2-3 strides, catch the ball, and you get 7-10 yards. That's what happen.

Answer the part about Jacksonville giving away 14 points on an easy drop and a fumble, both damn near inside the 5 yard line, which wins the game.

Man, you got to think here that there's far more to losing that game than the best TE in the world catching alot balls which averaged less than 7 ypc.

Once again you are listing stats

I watched the game

Kelce in the 1st half was basically unguarded. It was the worst gameplan i ever seen anyone play against Kelce.

It was a fireable offense. After that debacle there is no way in hell anyone will trust that DC again.

I’d fire his ass for that game yes
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Oh how I hope Playoff P strips the ball out of Kelse's hands again....
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 11:57 AM)Housh Wrote: Once again you are listing stats

I watched the game

Kelce in the 1st half was basically unguarded. It was the worst gameplan i ever seen anyone play against Kelce.

It was a fireable offense. After that debacle there is no way in hell anyone will trust that DC again.

I’d fire his ass for that game yes

I’m looking at the play by play right now

1st TD drive Kelce catches a 7 yard pass that puts his team on 2nd and 3.

His next catch was for a 1st down.

His next catch was his TD. So Kelce by himself basically got them their 1st TD and it’s not like he was Mossing guys or breaking 7 tackles a play. Jags just had no one near him.

The next drive they got a FG and Kelce had a catch that put them at 2nd and 3.

The next drive where they scored another TD to Kelce they reverted back to the D they played on the 1st drive and Kelce this time with Henne at QB just destroyed them again.

So yes i would fire him because the decision to revert back to the D they played on the 1st drive lost then the game. I understand you think Henne is ass but he’s a 20 year vet. All he did was peep the spots Kelce was getting open in and delivering balls to Kelce who once again seemed to be open every play. I guess the DC thought Henne was blind or some shit .
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I'm not a doctor, but I had the same injury back when I was a "world class" taekwondo competitor.

It's a brutal injury long term as far as recovery goes - it took me months to be able to do everything I did prior to the injury without pain or limitation.

That being said, I could still compete and perform at a high level with physical therapy, bracing and tape. It just took me days to be able to practice again. Of course, I didn't get any injections or the "pro" stuff.

Mahomes will be fine, he'll have some issues moving laterally, but I don't think this injury has a bearing on the game
Reply/Quote
We're all Doctors (lawyers, coaches, general managers etc) here on this board. Thought you knew!... What do you need to know?

Cappa and Williams will return for the Superbowl. KC couldn't touch Burrow with our poor line last year. We may be okay without them next Sunday.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:24 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm not a doctor, but I had the same injury back when I was a "world class" taekwondo competitor.

It's a brutal injury long term as far as recovery goes - it took me months to be able to do everything I did prior to the injury without pain or limitation.

That being said, I could still compete and perform at a high level with physical therapy, bracing and tape.  It just took me days to be able to practice again.  Of course, I didn't get any injections or the "pro" stuff.  

Mahomes will be fine, he'll have some issues moving laterally, but I don't think this injury has a bearing on the game

Getting mixed messages here Hammerstripes.

"brutal injury" "months to be able to do everything did prior without ... limitation"  "days to be able to practice again"

Then "Mahomes will be fine .. don't think this injury has a bearing on the game."
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:04 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Watching the replay of the injury, I have no earthly clue how that man is going to play on Sunday.  Not saying he won't.  I just don't understand how.      

It looked almost identical to Alex Cappa's, and Cappa was sidelined for at least 6 weeks (different positions, I know).  It also looks like something similar happened to Pollard last night and he was immediately carted off the field.  

Tony Romo said Mahomes' ankle will likely get worse as the week progresses, yet Mahomes is adamant he's playing.  I'll give the guy tons of props if he makes it out there on Sunday, but I do have to wonder.  I'm also curious what his risk of worsening the injury is should he try to play through.

He will play, Mahomes IS THAT TEAM.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 03:29 PM)Nepa Wrote: Getting mixed messages here Hammerstripes.

"brutal injury" "months to be able to do everything did prior without ... limitation"  "days to be able to practice again"

Then "Mahomes will be fine .. don't think this injury has a bearing on the game."

No mixed messages - when I had the thing taped and braced, took some pain killers,  I was able to pretty much do what I needed to do.

The next day I couldn't walk.  It took a few days to be able to walk comfortably again.  

It's the lateral movement that is really challenging, but with the treatment and adrenaline it was doable.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: No mixed messages - when I had the thing taped and braced, took some pain killers,  I was able to pretty much do what I needed to do.

The next day I couldn't walk.  It took a few days to be able to walk comfortably again.  

It's the lateral movement that is really challenging, but with the treatment and adrenaline it was doable.

I see. So come game time, you are saying the adrenaline and the treatment will allow Mahomes to function well during the game, even though it will impact him outside of the game.

Well, that disappointing. Most Bengals fans are saying they hope Mahomes is fully healthy, but I think they're whistling in the graveyard. A healthy Mahomes, at home, with their 6 all pros, and Andy Reid, is a real challenge, to say the least. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 09:26 AM)tBengal Wrote: He returned to the game on Saturday. I assume he’s good to go for next week???

Or is it one of those injuries that hurts worse the next few days than it does when you injure it?

He returned as a wounded player, was limited and yes it probably was much more painful the next day and now.. Weather does not look good to help him either come Sunday.. looking like 15 to 20 degrees around game time, that is not going help that ankle
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:18 PM)Nepa Wrote: I see. So come game time, you are saying the adrenaline and the treatment will allow Mahomes to function well during the game, even though it will impact him outside of the game.

Well, that disappointing. Most Bengals fans are saying they hope Mahomes is fully healthy, but I think they're whistling in the graveyard. A healthy Mahomes, at home, with their 6 all pros, and Andy Reid, is a real challenge, to say the least. 

It isn't supposed to be easy. Hope he plays great, still doesn't mean he will win.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2023, 04:18 PM)Nepa Wrote: I see. So come game time, you are saying the adrenaline and the treatment will allow Mahomes to function well during the game, even though it will impact him outside of the game.

Well the reason for a healthy Mahomes....like Jesse Bates said.   NO EXCUSES.   Just like a lot of folks, patrons and pundits alike, said "the Bengals only beat the Ravens because they didn't have Jackson".    Or "if it hadn't been snowing and Hyde and Miller were playing, it would have been a different story".    Bates don't wanna hear "if Mahomes were 100%, different outcome".
Reply/Quote
They’ll game plan for Patrick Mahommes as if he is 100%.I feel like this injury is going to have little affect on his play.
They’ll shoot him up on torodol and tape it up,and he’ll be ready to go.
Reply/Quote
According to Andy Reid today, the news was basically positive regarding Mahomes:

"For Chiefs fans, the news was positive.

Reid said that the publicly known diagnosis of a high-ankle sprain was 'pretty accurate.' However, when one reporter asked about how this ankle sprain compared to one Mahomes suffered during the 2019 season, the head coach said it was less severe.

In 2019, Mahomes played the very next week and threw for four touchdowns."

https://www.kmbc.com/article/andy-reid-mahomes-update-monday-press-conference/42622599
Reply/Quote
There is a reason when NFL players get high ankle apraind they are out 6-8 weeks. I doubt he's able to play, and if he does he will be highly affected
Reply/Quote